Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Tough league to be a commish in!
    Ya, now I know what Adam Silver feels like. I mean, its probably pretty close anyway ...Lol

Comment

• Had a death in the family, have not read a sports page in months, would like to stay on draft for me as u have done i will hold no grudges

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
        Had a death in the family, have not read a sports page in months, would like to stay on draft for me as u have done i will hold no grudges
        Condolences jbml.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Had a death in the family, have not read a sports page in months, would like to stay on draft for me as u have done i will hold no grudges
          Condolences buddy. Take your time coming back. We'll be waiting.

Comment

• Swinging for the fences here but what the hell no one left on the board really excites me.. In a relatively weird draft lacking top end talent might as well take a flier.

With the 12th pick in the 2020 RR draft the Berta Bisons select... from the world famous greek 2nd league.. Alexsej Pokusevski.

Going to have to workshop nicknames for this dude but for the time being i will refer to him as Alex-Stick
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post

Are we to submit/announce our re-signs in the Cap Sheet thread?
              Preferably yes. Posted in the main thread often get buried and are more likely to be missed.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Condolences man.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Condolences man.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss.

Comment

• Just want to double check.. are these the confirmed dates:

Nov 29 - Rookie Draft
                      Dec 6 - Resigns
                      Dec 20 - Free agent auction
                      Dec 22 - Free agent & rookie contracts

And for the "Resigns", do we need to declare the years as well as who we plan to resign? Or do you just need the names at that point? With rookie contracts not needing to be signed until the 22nd, I assume that all contract terms can be defined by the 22nd. But just wanted to double check.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to drop someone and have more slots open for free agency. Is that a type of decision that has to be made for the 6th as well? Or can we drop players the day of the auction (for example)?

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Glad to hear you'll be back.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Just want to double check.. are these the confirmed dates:

Nov 29 - Rookie Draft
                          Dec 6 - Resigns
                          Dec 20 - Free agent auction
                          Dec 22 - Free agent & rookie contracts

And for the "Resigns", do we need to declare the years as well as who we plan to resign? Or do you just need the names at that point? With rookie contracts not needing to be signed until the 22nd, I assume that all contract terms can be defined by the 22nd. But just wanted to double check.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to drop someone and have more slots open for free agency. Is that a type of decision that has to be made for the 6th as well? Or can we drop players the day of the auction (for example)?
                          Re-signs - just need the player... assign his cap space(years) by the tip-off on the 22nd

You can drop a player at anytime, but his cap count stays with your team... ie. Player A has a 3 year deal, that stays with you for this season plus two more seasons unless he's picked up on the first WW date by another owner. I signed Dwight Powell last year to a two year deal but dropped him at some point, so that 2nd year stays with me for this season.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

Re-signs - just need the player... assign his cap space(years) by the tip-off on the 22nd

You can drop a player at anytime, but his cap count stays with your team... ie. Player A has a 3 year deal, that stays with you for this season plus two more seasons unless he's picked up on the first WW date by another owner. I signed Dwight Powell last year to a two year deal but dropped him at some point, so that 2nd year stays with me for this season.
                            Is that true? I thought we needed final re-signs in for the deadline, including years. And then after the auction you have until tip off to assign years for new additions.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Glad you're back.
                              Sorry for your loss.
                              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Is that true? I thought we needed final re-signs in for the deadline, including years. And then after the auction you have until tip off to assign years for new additions.
                                We don't use contract length (ie, cap space) for the auction. Only the $200 FAAB and available roster spots. So just declaring "keepers" without mentioning the contract length should be sufficient for the auction IMO.

But I'm good either way.. just wanted to confirm because I have a lot of thinking to do with how how many free agents spots I want for the auction and how much cap space (years) I want remaining. If the deadline for that is the 6th then it's coming up fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X