No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I checked and we definitely had everyone determine their cap years by the re-sign deadline (August 30 I think) last season. I don't care much either way but I do think it would be a change if we switched to names only.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Is that true? I thought we needed final re-signs in for the deadline, including years. And then after the auction you have until tip off to assign years for new additions.
      I think you are right actually...

Comment

I checked and we definitely had everyone determine their cap years by the re-sign deadline (August 30 I think) last season. I don't care much either way but I do think it would be a change if we switched to names only.
        I got a little mixed up in my old age... you are correct.

Comment

• The only thing is that this isn't an ordinary season. COVID delayed our season, and we don't know the impact COVID will have on our teams. Are guys opting out? Do guys get denied access because they didn't follow protocol? Do guys get sick and miss time at the start of the season?

If I'm on the fence about how long to sign a player for, or whether to sign them at all, and then I sign them and they miss a chunk of the start of season, that's a tough spot to be. One, I'm stuck with a dead weight contract and two, I missed out on someone at the auction who could have helped me. Anyone not competing for a Chip then I understand why it doesn't matter because they're likely locked into their roster, regardless. Anyone competing for a Chip might get hit with a bad luck start if we do Dec 6th contracts.

I propose pushing the free agent declaration a little, but if that doesn't work, I understand and no big deal. Just a suggestion.

Edit: An alternative suggestion would be that we get a onetime use, only this season, get out of COVID free pass on a one year contract. If we cut a guy who we just signed and who has COVID that's on a one year deal, we get the year wiped off the books. Does that one work?
          Last edited by Apollo; Wed Dec 2, 2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

We don't use contract length (ie, cap space) for the auction. Only the $200 FAAB and available roster spots. So just declaring "keepers" without mentioning the contract length should be sufficient for the auction IMO.

But I'm good either way.. just wanted to confirm because I have a lot of thinking to do with how how many free agents spots I want for the auction and how much cap space (years) I want remaining. If the deadline for that is the 6th then it's coming up fast.
            You need to declare your years by the Dec 6th date (assuming that date holds as final).
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Can we delay a bit on listing the years then? So instead of Dec 6, maybe Dec 13th or mid week that week.. Dec 16th?

Raptors play their first preseason game on the 12th. If we can get at least one preseason game in before announcing contract lengths that might be beneficial to all.. but totally open for anything really.

Comment

Pick # Team Name Pick Window Notes / Pick
                1 jbml Sun. 29th 12am - 12 noon Anthony Edwards
                2 skywalker Sun. 29th 12 noon - 4pm Lamelo Ball
                3 Coach Sun. 29th 4pm - 8pm James Wiseman
                4 Joey Sun. 29th 8pm - 12am Obi Toppin
                5 bertarapsfan Mon. 30th 12am - 12 noon Killian Hayes
                6 planetmars Mon. 30th 12 noon - 4pm Onyeka Okongwu
                7 planetmars Mon. 30th 4pm - 8pm Tyrese Haliburton
                8 WJF Mon. 30th 8pm - 12am Deni Avdija
                9 planetmars via Coach Tues. Dec 1st 12am - 12 noon Malachi Flynn
                10 jbml Tues 1st 12 noon - 4pm Patrick Williams
                11 DanH Tues 1st 4pm - 8pm Devin Vassell
                12 bertarapsfan Tues 1st 8pm - 12am
                13 jbml Wed. 2nd 12am - 12 noon
                14 skywalker Wed. 2nd 12 noon - 4pm
                15 tucas Wed. 2nd 4pm - 8pm
                16 skywalker Wed. 2nd 8pm - 12am

bertarapsfan you're up!
                If I'm following all this right, Bertaraps picked Aleksej Pokusevski, and JBML be default receives Isaac Okoro, and now I'm up again, correct?? haha

Comment

• With the 14th Pick, Skywalker is pleased to welcome Kira Lewis Jr!!!!!!

Comment

Can we delay a bit on listing the years then? So instead of Dec 6, maybe Dec 13th or mid week that week.. Dec 16th?

Raptors play their first preseason game on the 12th. If we can get at least one preseason game in before announcing contract lengths that might be beneficial to all.. but totally open for anything really.
                    Keep in mind most years we have picks in before September, so well before training camp, let alone pre-season.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mo Bamba still dealing with COVID-19 symptoms despite June diagnosis: 'there's no timetable on his return'
                      Bamba, despite youth and good health, appears to be a COVID-19 long hauler
                      https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/m...on-his-return/

Comment

• Comment

Can we delay a bit on listing the years then? So instead of Dec 6, maybe Dec 13th or mid week that week.. Dec 16th?

In game action isn't really part of the equation. We need to get the off-season cleaned up before pre-season tip-off, so we are clear for the auction to get done before the real game action.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Latest on the Rookie draft:

Pick # Team Name Pick Window Notes / Pick
                            1 jbml Sun. 29th 12am - 12 noon Anthony Edwards
                            2 skywalker Sun. 29th 12 noon - 4pm Lamelo Ball
                            3 Coach Sun. 29th 4pm - 8pm James Wiseman
                            4 Joey Sun. 29th 8pm - 12am Obi Toppin
                            5 bertarapsfan Mon. 30th 12am - 12 noon Killian Hayes
                            6 planetmars Mon. 30th 12 noon - 4pm Onyeka Okongwu
                            7 planetmars Mon. 30th 4pm - 8pm Tyrese Haliburton
                            8 WJF Mon. 30th 8pm - 12am Deni Avdija
                            9 planetmars via Coach Tues. Dec 1st 12am - 12 noon Malachi Flynn
                            10 jbml Tues 1st 12 noon - 4pm Patrick Williams
                            11 DanH Tues 1st 4pm - 8pm Devin Vassell
                            12 bertarapsfan Tues 1st 8pm - 12am Aleksej Pokusevski
                            13 jbml Wed. 2nd 12am - 12 noon Isaac Okoro
                            14 skywalker Wed. 2nd 12 noon - 4pm Kira Lewis Jr
                            15 tucas Wed. 2nd 4pm - 8pm
                            16 skywalker Wed. 2nd 8pm - 12am

tucas is on the clock

Comment

• thanks folks Much Appreciated,
                              I do wonder what the hell made me sign on yesterday, but it certainly was for the best
                              Thanks Again

Comment

• Saddiq Bey

Comment

Working...
                                X