X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tading OPen?
    Durant, Rozier, Edwards available looking for picks

Comment

• With the Final pick of the 2020 Raptors Republic Dynasty Draft, Team Skywalker is thrilled to select Cole Anthony!!!

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
        thanks folks Much Appreciated,
        I do wonder what the hell made me sign on yesterday, but it certainly was for the best
        Thanks Again
        sorry for your loss. glad we got you back.
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• so what is the final say on the years for re-sign declarations?
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• John Wall is now a Rocket and Russ is a Wizard.

Comment

Tading OPen?
              Sent an offer

Comment

Tading OPen?
                I also sent an offer... not sure if you check Messages on here.
                “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                ― John Wooden

Comment

• Yes i am looking at the options.
                  I have some catchcing up to do.

Comment

• Confirmation Please

If I move a player with 0 years they count as a re-sign for myself?
                    I can drop a player now but his salary stays on my books?

Comment

Confirmation Please

If I move a player with 0 years they count as a re-sign for myself?
                      I can drop a player now but his salary stays on my books?
                      You can't trade a player with 0 years. They have to be signed first using one of your resign slots if you have any. Once signed they can then be traded.

If you drop a player that has 1 or more years left, then those years will remain on your cap sheet. Unless you have an amnesty available (which you don't, according to the cap sheet).

Comment

• thanks

Comment

• Speaking of amnesty.. has this league ever considered the stretch and waive amnesty? In the NBA you can stretch a contract such that it would be twice the length + 1 year of their existing contract length. So a player with 3 years remaining will be stretched out to 7 (3x2 + 1). And the contract is then divided into 7 years instead of 3.

In our league we don't want fractions, but what if you could just stretch a contract out to the cap hit to the number of equivalent years but 1 year at a time. So a 3 year contract would stretched out to a cap hit of 1 for the next 3+2+1=7 years. A 4 year contract would stretch out to a cap hit of 1 for the next 4+3+2+1=10 years, and so on.

For example I may want to waive Dedmon, who might end up in China or something since he's not on an NBA roster. He only has 2 years left. Would rather stretch that out to 1 year for the next 3 years (2+1) instead of 2 years this year and then 1 year next year potentially. In the end I'm still paying his full contract, just stretching it out further.

As far as I know, in the NBA a stretch provision can be used as many times as you want.

This would require more work for the cap sheet admin though.. so ignore this if you think it's too much work. Plus I'm not sure how often people would use this. Stretching a 4 year contract for 10 years, is a really long time.

Comment

• The ‘Dedmon Rule’ has been proposed lol
                            RR OG

Comment

Yes i am looking at the options.
                              I have some catchcing up to do.
                              Hey jbml I PM'd you something.

Seems like the deadline for contracts is this Sunday.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Hey jbml I PM'd you something.

Seems like the deadline for contracts is this Sunday.
                                I'll be populating the cap sheet on Monday morning. I'll make a list of players entering auction from the not signees.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X