RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Speaking of amnesty.. has this league ever considered the stretch and waive amnesty? In the NBA you can stretch a contract such that it would be twice the length + 1 year of their existing contract length. So a player with 3 years remaining will be stretched out to 7 (3x2 + 1). And the contract is then divided into 7 years instead of 3.

In our league we don't want fractions, but what if you could just stretch a contract out to the cap hit to the number of equivalent years but 1 year at a time. So a 3 year contract would stretched out to a cap hit of 1 for the next 3+2+1=7 years. A 4 year contract would stretch out to a cap hit of 1 for the next 4+3+2+1=10 years, and so on.

For example I may want to waive Dedmon, who might end up in China or something since he's not on an NBA roster. He only has 2 years left. Would rather stretch that out to 1 year for the next 3 years (2+1) instead of 2 years this year and then 1 year next year potentially. In the end I'm still paying his full contract, just stretching it out further.

As far as I know, in the NBA a stretch provision can be used as many times as you want.

This would require more work for the cap sheet admin though.. so ignore this if you think it's too much work. Plus I'm not sure how often people would use this. Stretching a 4 year contract for 10 years, is a really long time.
    I do think this would really open up a can of worms as players make decisions like that and if they ever drop out of the league, whoever takes over their team could have a giant chunk of their cap eaten up for a decade...

Probably better for free agency health to keep as much penalty for spending longer term dollars on players as possible.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I do think this would really open up a can of worms as players make decisions like that and if they ever drop out of the league, whoever takes over their team could have a giant chunk of their cap eaten up for a decade...

Probably better for free agency health to keep as much penalty for spending longer term dollars on players as possible.
      Really good point here.

Comment

• So, does the Dec 6th deadline mean 11:59 pm on the 6th?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So, does the Dec 6th deadline mean 11:59 pm on the 6th?
          Atlantic, Eastern, Central or Pacific?

Comment

• In an effort to quench my fans thirst for a bonafide superstar, we have traded last year's first round pick, Garland (3 years) and our next two first round picks (2021 and 2022) to JBML for Kevin Durant (2 years). At this time, Kevin has not released his medical report so we have absolutely no idea what to expect.

​​​​​​
            Last edited by The Coach; Fri Dec 4, 2020, 07:07 PM.
            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
            ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
              In an effort to quench my fans thirst for a bonafide superstar, we have traded last year's first round pick, Garland (3 years) and our next two first round picks (2021 and 2022) to JBML for Kevin Durant (2 years). At this time, Kevin has not released his medical report so we have absolutely no idea what to expect.

​​​​​​
              And now for the "My offer was obviously way better!" arguments ... but seriously, my offer was better. Lol

Comment

• Holy crap, a blockbuster right out of the gate. Congrats guys.

​​​​​​Oh and my offer was pretty damn good!

Comment

• Coach going all in! Love the trade for both sides

Comment

• I will consider offers for Jonathan Isaac. He was playing top 20 ball last year before getting hurt. Hit me up with a PM this weekend. He's an expiring DPE so you could even name your contract in a S&T.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Do i have to announce my contracts for my draft picks by the 6th? or is it only for pending free agents?
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Rookie deals are due the same time as re-signs.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So, does the Dec 6th deadline mean 11:59 pm on the 6th?
                          I will be updating at 7 am EST Monday morning. If you want to wake up early and post your years on the 7th, so be it, but when I log on Monday morning (remember I live in Atlantic time) I will close the re-sign window.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Rookie deals are due the same time as re-signs.
                            Oh wait, so rookies have to be signed by the 6th as well? These were the dates I was going by, but they could have been wrong:

Nov 29 - Rookie Draft
                            Dec 6 - Resigns
                            Dec 20 - Free agent auction
                            Dec 22 - Free agent & rookie contracts

I can get my rookies in by today then if that's the case.. just want to be sure.

Comment

• Willing to move my picks, Christian wood, Bey, or Richardson before the deadline to assign years if anyone is interested

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Oh wait, so rookies have to be signed by the 6th as well? These were the dates I was going by, but they could have been wrong:
                                All players have to be signed by the 6th.

Comment

Working...
                                X