No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Mack got lost on his way to the keyboard today.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Looks like Mack got lost on his way to the keyboard today.
      You love how COVID just ruined my weekend and my eventual W. Not even my guys who got it either! Enjoy the W*... but it will get you as well someday.

Anyhow, on to the next one!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

You love how COVID just ruined my weekend and my eventual W. Not even my guys who got it either! Enjoy the W*... but it will get you as well someday.

Anyhow, on to the next one!
        COVID ended the season where I was ranked #1 in the league in over half the categories....I think I've paid my debt to COVID.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

COVID ended the season where I was ranked #1 in the league in over half the categories....I think I've paid my debt to COVID.
          Rudy Gobert ended that season... seems to me like an inside job. I mean, Yahoo did recognize you as *Champion, so it's not like COVID was a bad thing for you.

Comment

• Are we just gonna plug along with this season as is with regard to the 'rona? I feel like the virus is going to affect most of our players at some time or another, but maybe more for certain teams. It sucks when you have multiple guys out and they don't even have it, they're just shut down due to protocols.

If there's some way we can have a couple IR spots only for those in a situation like that(don't actually have the virus) it would be great. A rule could be put in place where any player signed in that period cannot be kept by the team that signed them and must go back into the FA pool once the actual roster player returns to action.

I know it's likely pretty complicated to do, but I feel like it's at least worth the discussion.

Comment

• Every team is going to take a covid-protocol hit this season. It's inevitable.

It's the protocol hit in addition to the legit INJ that are our (my) week/season killers.
              RR OG

Comment

Are we just gonna plug along with this season as is with regard to the 'rona? I feel like the virus is going to affect most of our players at some time or another, but maybe more for certain teams. It sucks when you have multiple guys out and they don't even have it, they're just shut down due to protocols.

If there's some way we can have a couple IR spots only for those in a situation like that(don't actually have the virus) it would be great. A rule could be put in place where any player signed in that period cannot be kept by the team that signed them and must go back into the FA pool once the actual roster player returns to action.

I know it's likely pretty complicated to do, but I feel like it's at least worth the discussion.
                The only thing that we can do in Yahoo for discussion is add IL spots to rosters. But there are a host of concerns with that.

The COVID impacts that I've seen are usually games being PPD, so those players wouldn't likely be IL eligible.

The waiver system would need to be completely re-worked, as you can't add players in our league currently, they can only be added through the waivers (3 times a week). So if a game get postponed or player gets suddenly pulled, you aren't likely to be able to add anyone anyway.

I get that it is frustrating, but we are all kinda equally at risk, so no one has an advantage. I think it's just a situation we all have to accept.
                Last edited by Axel; Tue Jan 12, 2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                  Every team is going to take a covid-protocol hit this season. It's inevitable.

It's the protocol hit in addition to the legit INJ that are our (my) week/season killers.
                  Yeah... My team is ****ed this week between the injuries, already missing two studs in COVID postponed games and then Kyrie has been out four straight for personal reasons.... But anyway, oh wait, what's that? We take you to a developing story:

The Creeds and the Invaders have just completed a trade sending Bogdan "Broken Knee" Bogdanovic on an interplanetary voyage in exchange for Danny "Used to be relevant in Toronto" Green. This trade capped the Invaders but they've secured another long term asset.

Comment

The only thing that we can do in Yahoo for discussion is add IL spots to rosters. But there are a host of concerns with that.

The COVID impacts that I've seen are usually games being PPD, so those players wouldn't likely be IL eligible.

The waiver system would need to be completely re-worked, as you can't add players in our league currently, they can only be added through the waivers (3 times a week). So if a game get postponed or player gets suddenly pulled, you aren't likely to be able to add anyone anyway.

I get that it is frustrating, but we are all kinda equally at risk, so no one has an advantage. I think it's just a situation we all have to accept.
                    Oh I know there's probably going to be teams affected worse than I am or will be... and this truly is not about just how I've been affected. I know it's pretty much impossible given the way our league works and our WW system, but it truly is a hinderance and will almost assuredly affect some a lot more than others.

Anyhow, I won't go on about it if nobody else has issue with it. Let's just hope they can keep playing the games without shutting down, but I feel like another bubble is needed

Comment

• Happy trails to DeAndre Jordan. The Posse Day 1er was released yesterday as his usage has just dipped too far to keep aboard a Chip contending roster.

Management took a chance on him while he was still a relative unknown and watched him blossom into one of the games best rebounders and a valuable shot blocker for a good 7+ seasons.

20130422_ajl_usa_258.0.jpg

Comment

Happy trails to DeAndre Jordan. The Posse Day 1er was released yesterday as his usage has just dipped too far to keep aboard a Chip contending roster.

Management took a chance on him while he was still a relative unknown and watched him blossom into one of the games best rebounders and a valuable shot blocker for a good 7+ seasons.

20130422_ajl_usa_258.0.jpg
                        I'll always remember how his poor free throws gave me the 2017 Bronze title match over you. His 33% FT that week gave me the 5-4 win by just 0.002%

Fond memories.

Comment

I'll always remember how his poor free throws gave me the 2017 Bronze title match over you. His 33% FT that week gave me the 5-4 win by just 0.002%

Fond memories.
                          hahaha yes, the great Moral Victory of the '17-'18 season. Congrats on that, once again. You must have that trophy next to the invisible gold trophy from last season

Fun Fact - Just went through the history books and I've been in the playoffs each season except the inaugural 2012-2013 campaign and well... last season since we didn't have any. But hey, 6(or 7 depending on who you ask) consecutive is a pretty good moral victory for me too! Plus one actual Championship.

Comment

• Thanks to Joey for processing the trade so quickly. I can really use Danny right away.

Because he's fairly new, a friendly reminder goes out to planetmars to hit the "Start Active Players" button again because in the past trades have reset lineups and led to guys missing starts.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I might have finally drafted a keeper.

Tyrese Haliburton had 17 points on 7/15 shooting, 3 3's, 7 boards, 6 dimes, 3 steals, and a block last night. The kid has a lot of potential. Loving it.

Could not believe it when you took him before he slipped to me. Gah.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Skywalker has traded Chris Boucher to DanH for his 2021 Draft Pick and Jarrett Culver.

Comment

Working...
                                X