RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    In unrelated news, no cap update this week as I’ve ended up in hospital. I had a seizure last Monday while on a video call at work, thankfully my wife was home (snow day) and called an ambulance. I woke up on Friday morning with no memory of any of it. I am still in hospital for likely another couple of days. Thankfully I set my lineup in advance to pull another win out against a tough Dan lineup.
    Wow, scary time I am sure, hang in there buddy.

Comment

In unrelated news, no cap update this week as I’ve ended up in hospital. I had a seizure last Monday while on a video call at work, thankfully my wife was home (snow day) and called an ambulance. I woke up on Friday morning with no memory of any of it. I am still in hospital for likely another couple of days. Thankfully I set my lineup in advance to pull another win out against a tough Dan lineup.
      In the hospital and STILL pulls out a win? Now that’s commitment! Haha

Hope you’re feeling better soon man!!

Comment

• hope you're alright, take your time
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Whoa, scary stuff man. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Comment

• So I had my first look at the KIA Rookie Ladder on NBA.com and big applause to two Creeds getting HUGE recognition coming in at #9 and #10. Draft picks, shmraft picks. Am I right?
            https://www.nba.com/news/kia-rookie-...3-2021-edition

Comment

• Good news big 40 burger from clarkson last night.
              Bads new, would have picked up a W instead of a tie if i didnt drop marcus morris for another day.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I hope you feel good about yourself, DanH ... beating down a brittle old man this week.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I hope you feel good about yourself, DanH ... beating down a brittle old man this week.
                  Thanks Mack, yeah I do!
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Geez Axel. Best wishes, hope everything is all right.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So, new to this year, we can now just turn on the IL spot .. no impact to the 15 man roster (previously it would take one of the 15 spots) ... Pretty easy peasy to turn it on, which as an exception during the COVID year, I would support. Thoughts?

I know Mack North has been whining about this for years now.

Edit: Actually nevermind, once it's turned on, apparently it can't be turned off, so this would be a permanent change. Still open to the discussion however, now knowing how easy it is to turn on.
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Feb 22, 2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• At First I thought it was maniacal. diabolical, sadistic, uncharacteristic, fantasy heresy. a true wrench in the gear of me riding my way to the top of the fake news fantasy rankings. Then the bruises hardened, I was forced to cut the ties on from the safe comfort of the IL falsehood and its injured John Walls or forever be held down by its Anchor. It wasn't until I made a league with friends and introduced the cruel ways of no IL. with much opposition from friends,I realized how hardcore this rule was in all the right ways. we must continue on as no IL warriors.
                        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          So, new to this year, we can now just turn on the IL spot .. no impact to the 15 man roster (previously it would take one of the 15 spots) ... Pretty easy peasy to turn it on, which as an exception during the COVID year, I would support. Thoughts?

I know Mack North has been whining about this for years now.

Edit: Actually nevermind, once it's turned on, apparently it can't be turned off, so this would be a permanent change. Still open to the discussion however, now knowing how easy it is to turn on.
                          My vote is yes, please. How many slots? For discussion though...

Pros:
                          • We have a higher level of competition.
                          • Less impact from the very wrathful and merciless Lady Luck.
                          Cons:
                          • Slightly more diluted WW pool.
                          • Questions. Does this change the definition of a fully updated roster? What's the policy on a player in an IR slot who is no longer injured (Yahoo won't let you add/drop or trade while in this state).

Comment

• Another question, if it went that direction, would the IR add be a one year contract with no option to resign? Would there be cap implications at all given this is possibly a rental player?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Geez Axel. Best wishes, hope everything is all right.
                              Yes and no. I was released from hospital last Tuesday after spending 7 nights there (4 of them completely unconscious) and having at least 3 seizures. After every test imaginable, I was released on Tuesday and was doing fine until Thursday night when I started to struggle to breathe and ended up in cardiac arrest in the ambulance. At this point I would point out that I'm only 37 years old with no pre-existing conditions. I was released for the 2nd time on Friday night.

I am on anti-seizure meds for at least 6 months and cannot drive. I am also on 2 different anti-biotics as all of this was caused from a viral infection caused from a cat scratch (although no visible cat scratch has been found). Cat scratch disease is something that 40% of all cats carry but impacts almost nobody. My doctor said he found 4 or 5 other cases and all of them were immunocompromised somehow (I'm not).

I have bruised ribs from CPR, a sore leg from an IV stent drilled into the bone, and some difficulty breathing. I have low energy, low appetite, and have a bunch of precautionary things related to the meds I'm on (no alcohol, extreme sun sensitivity, limited dairy allowed in diet) but am doing ok despite it all. Obviously can't work right now but I have a ton of sick leave built up over the years and my wife has done a great job taking care of me. I basically see the kids eat breakfast and go to school, then spend my days watching youtube or movies with a nap or two during the day and set my lineups for another dominant weekly win.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yes and no. I was released from hospital last Tuesday after spending 7 nights there (4 of them completely unconscious) and having at least 3 seizures. After every test imaginable, I was released on Tuesday and was doing fine until Thursday night when I started to struggle to breathe and ended up in cardiac arrest in the ambulance. At this point I would point out that I'm only 37 years old with no pre-existing conditions. I was released for the 2nd time on Friday night.

I am on anti-seizure meds for at least 6 months and cannot drive. I am also on 2 different anti-biotics as all of this was caused from a viral infection caused from a cat scratch (although no visible cat scratch has been found). Cat scratch disease is something that 40% of all cats carry but impacts almost nobody. My doctor said he found 4 or 5 other cases and all of them were immunocompromised somehow (I'm not).

I have bruised ribs from CPR, a sore leg from an IV stent drilled into the bone, and some difficulty breathing. I have low energy, low appetite, and have a bunch of precautionary things related to the meds I'm on (no alcohol, extreme sun sensitivity, limited dairy allowed in diet) but am doing ok despite it all. Obviously can't work right now but I have a ton of sick leave built up over the years and my wife has done a great job taking care of me. I basically see the kids eat breakfast and go to school, then spend my days watching youtube or movies with a nap or two during the day and set my lineups for another dominant weekly win.
                                Ted Nugent doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Holy shit Axel, that is a horrible ordeal but you're kicking.

If you need a low demand video game during your recovery and you have a laptop then I recommend the strategy game Crusader Kings 3. It's difficult to compare it to anything but it has low demand controls and you can pause or slow game speed to a crawl. Its also very interesting and pretty deep.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X