RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya my boys are starting to hit their stride.
    Poku has been a monster since coming back from the G-League. Jasean Tate has been a great pickup. Poetle thriving in a starting role. Winlsow and Nurkic are back from injury, still waiting to see if Hayes will be back but im a dangerous matchup right now with some well known names and a bunch of randoms who will cut you up if you sleep on them
    I think you have a keeper in Poku, he's going to be a factor for a long time. Another nice showing for him last night. Theo is really crushing it right now too. I can't think of many recent second rounders who hit the ground running like this kid. The Thunder might be ahead of schedule after that draft.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I think you have a keeper in Poku, he's going to be a factor for a long time. Another nice showing for him last night. Theo is really crushing it right now too. I can't think of many recent second rounders who hit the ground running like this kid. The Thunder might be ahead of schedule after that draft.
      Ya he's still so raw and young but is still showing some big flashes of potential.
      The one thing that worries me about the thunder is they have so many picks and i dont know how many years they are going to be tanking. If they dont package these picks in trade they might have the strategy of just using all the picks every year and moving on from the previous years picks if they dont show enough promise. Luckily for Poku he came back from the G-League and showed enough to look legit.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• G'day, mates! How ya goin'?

Not sure if this has ever been discussed of if there's a rule for it, but what happens if you have a guy under contract for multiple years and he retires? I'm assuming the contract expires since the player chose to end his career?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          G'day, mates! How ya goin'?

Not sure if this has ever been discussed of if there's a rule for it, but what happens if you have a guy under contract for multiple years and he retires? I'm assuming the contract expires since the player chose to end his career?
          Dan carried Larry Sanders for a couple years after retirement. And I'm pretty sure Kobe had a contract still in Dynasty when he retired and it was honored. Contract is a contract.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Dan carried Larry Sanders for a couple years after retirement. And I'm pretty sure Kobe had a contract still in Dynasty when he retired and it was honored. Contract is a contract.
            Fair enough.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Comment

Oof, the New Vegas nostalgia just hit HARD. Lol

Comment

• What a tight playoff race. If someone blinks in seeds 7-11, they're not making it. Right now it looks like I have a round one date with the Posse. That might be the Round 1 GOAT matchup right there.

Comment

• Yeah, that's why we have that amnesty slot, yeah? Don't use it lightly, you might really need it one day.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What a tight playoff race. If someone blinks in seeds 7-11, they're not making it. Right now it looks like I have a round one date with the Posse. That might be the Round 1 GOAT matchup right there.
                      I'm hoping for it... gotta take care of drizz and Mars first. I see you're beating The Coach which might bump me to 6th, though I'm not sure since he crushed me 8-1 a few weeks back.

Been a rough season for most everyone I would imagine, looking forward to a healthy squad come playoff time!

Comment

• Ya having to face Apollo, 007 and Axel in my final 3 weeks has been a playoff hopes killer for my guys. But we keep fighting!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

I'm hoping for it... gotta take care of drizz and Mars first. I see you're beating The Coach which might bump me to 6th, though I'm not sure since he crushed me 8-1 a few weeks back.

Been a rough season for most everyone I would imagine, looking forward to a healthy squad come playoff time!
                          It looks like it might be you or Coach in facing in round one. Either way my guys are going to show up ready to whoop some ass.

Comment

• Just picking through the rankings here looking at how the rookies are doing and there are some surprises in there for sure, like Tate. He looks like a total steal right now. Anyway, here's the top ten so far:

52. LaMelo Ball
                            53. Tyrese Haliburton
                            109. Jae'Sean Tate
                            154. Anthony Edwards
                            168. Saddiq Bey
                            190. Desmond Bane
                            192. Isaiah Stewart
                            197. Patrick Williams
                            207. Xavier Tillman (FA)
                            214. Immanuel Quickley
                            Last edited by Apollo; Fri Apr 9, 2021, 12:10 PM. Reason: Oops!

Comment

Just picking through the rankings here looking at how the rookies are doing and there are some surprises in there for sure, like Tate. He looks like a total steal right now. Anyway, here's the top ten so far:

52. LaMelo Ball
                              53. Tyrese Haliburton
                              109. Jae'Sean Tate
                              154. Anthony Edwards
                              168. Saddiq Bey
                              190. Desmond Bane
                              192. Isaiah Stewart
                              197. Patrick Williams
                              207. Xavier Tillman (FA)
                              210. Luguentz Dort
                              Dort's not a rookie, but Quickley is and would make the top 10 list (comes in at 214)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Dort's not a rookie, but Quickley is and would make the top 10 list (comes in at 214)

Geez, I wish I could fire my scouting department for that mess up.

Your guy is #10. Good find at the auction.

Comment

Working...
                                X