No announcement yet.

RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretty cool to see the history of our these dynasties, 10 years is a long time lol. some big dynasty names to be compared to up there. long gone are the days I would trade for the annual 16th pick of sky walkers powerhouse. well done Mack North in the consistency aspect of it, looks like you've had the best run so far. counting points and 2nds and 3rds are all cool but we all know the only ranks that matter is the 1st place finishes, in which MN can claim- count the rings

I've already told this story but I had to do the first inaugural dynasty draft from my mobile phone while driving on the highway late to the airport. my first fielded team was pretty pitiful, but rebuilding is possible if you just hold your pick! ahem cough ahem cue the shade throwing to whoever that previous owner was who kept trading Steph and Giannis for nothing and then trading away his picks on top of that. We've definitely had some interesting owners over the years.... including that other crazy guy who would create 10 page arguments. good times! Long live dynasty.
    Last edited by koncept; Mon Sep 6, 2021, 11:28 PM.
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
      pretty cool to see the history of our these dynasties, 10 years is a long time lol. some big dynasty names to be compared to up there. long gone are the days I would trade for the annual 16th pick of sky walkers powerhouse. well done Mack North in the consistency aspect of it, looks like you've had the best run so far. counting points and 2nds and 3rds are all cool but we all know the only ranks that matter is the 1st place finishes, in which MN can claim- count the rings

I've already told this story but I had to do the first inaugural dynasty draft from my mobile phone while driving on the highway late to the airport. my first fielded team was pretty pitiful, but rebuilding is possible if you just hold your pick! ahem cough ahem cue the shade throwing to whoever that previous owner was who kept trading Steph and Giannis for nothing and then trading away his picks on top of that. We've definitely had some interesting owners over the years.... including that other crazy guy who would create 10 page arguments. good times! Long live dynasty.
      Missing the draft is really tough in most leagues, especially the inaugural draft of a dynasty league such as this. Kudos to you for transforming your team into a real powerhouse over the last 5 seasons.

I'm pretty sure it was Miek that took over for Keeping it Real(S2 champ) and started trading away LeBron and Steph for peanuts.

The 007 franchise has also been a model of consistency for the last 6 years, they also have 2 chips to tie for the league lead.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        I really don't think it's even close as to who's been the most consistent RRNBADL franchise.
        I disagree. The Monstars have been the most consistently (mediocre) team in the league. Always right there in the middle. Lol

Comment

• Who had Cody's team before 2015? But my team has to be in the running for worst run team lol

2020 - 15th
          2019 - 13th
          2018 - 16th
          2017 - 15th
          2016 - 14th
          2015 - 13th

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Who had Cody's team before 2015? But my team has to be in the running for worst run team lol

2020 - 15th
            2019 - 13th
            2018 - 16th
            2017 - 15th
            2016 - 14th
            2015 - 13th
            That's a sad story but you'll turn it around, you're making a lot of smart moves. I inherited a one win team when I came back to the league and the first couple seasons sucked. Trades helped a lot but I had to build up some assets to be able to make meaningful trades. Like Mack pointed out though in his post, trades can lead to excellent results (007/Matt) but they can also lead to being perennially lottery bound (Miek). Picks seem to be the best asset in trades but it also sucks trying to balance the cap without DPE's. Most people don't want to go that route I think because its a lot more pressure then to hit in the auction and WW and if you miss on a trade where you get a player in exchange for a pick you've really shot yourself in the foot then.

Comment

Who had Cody's team before 2015? But my team has to be in the running for worst run team lol

2020 - 15th
              2019 - 13th
              2018 - 16th
              2017 - 15th
              2016 - 14th
              2015 - 13th
              I don't recall who had Cody's team before he took over, maybe snooch or ceez?

When 007 took ownership from mcHappy, his team and Cody's were both put into a draft between the two teams. It was the best team and worst combined together in a pool where 007 and Cody went back and forth selecting their new teams. 007 managed to get pretty much all the top players somehow and the rest is history!

Comment

When 007 took ownership from mcHappy, his team and Cody's were both put into a draft between the two teams. It was the best team and worst combined together in a pool where 007 and Cody went back and forth selecting their new teams. 007 managed to get pretty much all the top players somehow and the rest is history!
                Snooch was in dynasty? That guy was an interesting character.

Comment

Not quite. I remember this clearly because I accepted a one win team in the closing weeks of the season. Then not long after Matt was out and 007 was in. He got to keep some really good guys from that team (Steph, Giannis, Russ, etc) and the rest went into an expansion style draft with Cody, who took over a crap team and he too protected some guys and the rest went in the pool. Actually, Cody had some decent protected keepers too (Gobert, CP3, Kobe...). 007 then won the expansion draft hands down and the value Cody received was fleeced via trades not long after.

Here's a trip to the museum for you. See around post #3012:
                  https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...ague-s4/page76

Comment

Snooch was in dynasty? That guy was an interesting character.
                    So interesting he was ejected.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Not quite. I remember this clearly because I accepted a one win team in the closing weeks of the season. Then not long after Matt was out and 007 was in. He got to keep some really good guys from that team (Steph, Giannis, Russ, etc) and the rest went into an expansion style draft with Cody, who took over a crap team and he too protected some guys and the rest went in the pool. Actually, Cody had some decent protected keepers too (Gobert, CP3, Kobe...). 007 then won the expansion draft hands down and the value Cody received was fleeced via trades not long after.

Here's a trip to the museum for you. See around post #3012:
                      https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...ague-s4/page76
                      You mean my deal of #37 ranked Marvin Williams for #35 ranked Rudy Gobert wasn't a good deal for Cody? (rankings estimated but fairly accurate I believe).
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

So interesting he was ejected.
                        Just found this beauty of a snooch post in that old thread:

"i kicked my mother in law out of my house on Christmas Eve and she has been staying in a motel since then.......twas Fucking Awesome."

Guy was completely off his rocker.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Also, that year had a lot of alcohol-related trade offers being discussed in the thread. Weird days compared to now. Although Mack's comment about Joey's team as "Joey's Non-Stars" is still fairly accurate.

Comment

Ceez's team went to Apollo mid-season when he threw a hissy fit about not wanting to set his line-ups to get a better draft pick.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Ceez's team went to Apollo mid-season when he threw a hissy fit about not wanting to set his line-ups to get a better draft pick.
                              And if that wasn't crazy enough, that same year mcHappy quit RR and his fantasy team right before the playoffs (he had Steph and Klay on his roster at the time, so a top team). Reading through the old thread is insane (both in that I'm taking the time to do it, but also the content. Grade A+ trash talk on a regular basis, but also legit psycho posts with 3 dynasty members now banned from RR for various reasons). Good fucking times.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Funny thing is that the team won the lotto. Too bad Ben Simmons developed a phobia towards shooting.

Comment

Working...
                                X