RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Also, Anfernee Simons was already dropped. Announcement made and everything. Not sure if that works ...

This is an interesting deal to say the least. Not even any picks?! God damn.
    Good point! Ya can't trade a player ya just dropped the mic on. No deal!
    RR OG

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong here but drops don't count until the deadline passes and so because they did the trade at the deadline it's perfectly fine to include Simons. Interesting trade by both parties considering their roster compositions. I'm not going to say who won.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I'm not going to say who won.
        It was skywalker. Skywalker won

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong here but drops don't count until the deadline passes and so because they did the trade at the deadline it's perfectly fine to include Simons. Interesting trade by both parties considering their roster compositions. I'm not going to say who won.
          This is exactly how I was looking at this, and why Simons was in the deal.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong here but drops don't count until the deadline passes and so because they did the trade at the deadline it's perfectly fine to include Simons. Interesting trade by both parties considering their roster compositions. I'm not going to say who won.
            That's resigns or non-resigns. Dropping someone outright to me is different. I could be off, but ya, if you announce a drop, the player is moved to your "Counting against the Cap" and is dropped. No longer on the team to be traded. If you just choose to not resign someone, that's different. But I'll defer to the rest of the league on this one. If people don't see an issue, then I don't.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

That's resigns or non-resigns. Dropping someone outright to me is different. I could be off, but ya, if you announce a drop, the player is moved to your "Counting against the Cap" and is dropped. No longer on the team to be traded. If you just choose to not resign someone, that's different. But I'll defer to the rest of the league on this one. If people don't see an issue, then I don't.
              For some reason I thought Simons was a FA and when he said "drop" he meant "not resign". With that not being the case I'm more neutral but I did think the contract year submission deadline was also the deadline to drop guys. We can submit our contracts early and change before the deadline and so...

Comment

For some reason I thought Simons was a FA and when he said "drop" he meant "not resign". With that not being the case I'm more neutral but I did think the contract year submission deadline was also the deadline to drop guys. We can submit our contracts early and change before the deadline and so...
                Yes, we can submit our contracts before the deadline, and change players and years because it's not written in stone until the deadline. We all agree that this is right and fair. Shouldn't the same gracious principal of 'pre-deadline flexibility' apply in this case, and to future cases like it where a team is over the 15 man roster?

If you think about it, why would any team have more than 15 players in the off-season? Draft picks. Why would a team have a few draft picks? They are rebuilding. If any teams should be given 'pre-deadline flexibility', shouldn't it be those teams who are trying to get back to relevance?

Comment

• My personal take.. I think it was fair for skywalker to un-drop Simons and then use him in a trade. The deadline for announcing roster changes was Oct 1. Anything before that was just covering your base until that deadline. Or at least that's what I hoped it was.

Either way this applies to me too since I "dropped" Aldridge, and then brought him back before the deadline. If any drop we announce at any time during the off season is a permanent stamp then I will waive Aldridge. But I'd prefer not to.

Comment

• Ah my bad. I missed he was already on 0 years, and a FA. Then, as long as skywalker is the one to use his re-sign to then trade him, which I guess happened, then ya, it works. My bad!

Comment

• Has drizz confirmed anything?? How do we know LBJ got 3 yrs? And whom else was re-signed(if any)?

Apologies if I missed this.

Comment

• Lets not let the semantics let's drizz off the hook. He could have got a way better return for LBJ had he been openly shopping him....
                        bad assest managment Elton brand Jr.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• We have 7 days to sign an in-season FA to a deal... if we announce a 5 year deal in 2 days, we can't switch that to 1 year deal after 6 days, am I right?

This deal is very sketchy... IDGAF either way, but drizz hasnt even announced any signings. Its nearly Oct 4, how is any of this legal?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            We have 7 days to sign an in-season FA to a deal... if we announce a 5 year deal in 2 days, we can't switch that to 1 year deal after 6 days, am I right?

This deal is very sketchy... IDGAF either way, but drizz hasnt even announced any signings. Its nearly Oct 4, how is any of this legal?
                            My bad, just saw his post in the other thread.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              We have 7 days to sign an in-season FA to a deal... if we announce a 5 year deal in 2 days, we can't switch that to 1 year deal after 6 days, am I right?

Drizz did update his cap sheet in the cap thread with the traded players on his and Lebron to Skywalker on a 3 year deal.... Although im still not ruling out skywalker having him under some sort of black magic induced trance
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• As the capologist, I say there is nothing wrong with altering your re-signs before the deadline. Anything done during the off-season is "announced" but not processed until the league office opens up. It's different in-season where Yahoo processes such transactions, but off-season moves don't get formally processed immediately.

I'll try to get the cap sheet done up today.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X