X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post

That would have been more impressive when you wrote it than it is now that the Suns lost in the Finals.
    Was just going to say, that post didn't age well. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Ya I think for the most part we've done ok with using the Pre-Playoff rankings, since it's basically a question that comes up every year. Lol

Don't think I didn't notice that shot though Axel. You just wait. We're playing the Phoenix Suns role. Be terrible for 10+ years, and then BAM! POW! Don't know what hit you! Lol
    That would have been more impressive when you wrote it than it is now that the Suns lost in the Finals.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Ya I think for the most part we've done ok with using the Pre-Playoff rankings, since it's basically a question that comes up every year. Lol

Don't think I didn't notice that shot though Axel. You just wait. We're playing the Phoenix Suns role. Be terrible for 10+ years, and then BAM! POW! Don't know what hit you! Lol

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    So for clarity, this is the official draft order for this year.

1. Planet Mars
    2. Skywalker
    3. Berta
    4. drizz
    5. Skywalker (Realizar)
    6. jbml
    7. WJF
    8. Skywalker (Joey)
    9. Tucas
    10. Mack
    11. koncept
    12. jbml (Coach)
    13. jbml (Apollo)
    14. Axel
    15. Skywalker (DanH)
    16. 007

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    skywalker wrote: View Post

Thanks for the input man!

For years, I didn't participate in the draft at all, so I checked to see who was being drafted, but paid zero attention to who was drafting where. The last couple years, I've probably had more draft picks than anyone else (LOL), so it seems we followed Yahoo's final season rankings, as opposed to end of season rankings. (Please feel free to chime in here guys if you have evidence to the contrary.)

In 2019, I drafted 2, 12, & 16. I cannot remember all picks that traded hands, but I did have Mack's pick. That's one thing that can be confirmed in the temporary 2018 thread. If we went by end of season rankings, 4th best would have drafted 13th, correct? So was that just a mess up since no one was paying attention? LOL

Thank you gentlemen!
    I'm not entirely surprised if there were mistakes made. That said, we (me) always do a post at end of the regular season with the non-lotto draft slots and the lotto pairs (pre-lotto). That post usually gets bumped up post lotto to show the entire draft order. Unless that post was modified at some point prior to our draft, then it should have been correct since it was made before our playoffs started. With the time lapse between our regular season end, NBA lotto, NBA draft, our draft, it's certainly possible that something got lost in translation along the way. The rules for our draft order are always in each season's page 1, CBA post, but it's not surprising that people forget or don't notice. New owners for teams typically are in the lotto, so we tend to go over only the most important rules for them, which means this isn't one that gets brought up as often as it should.

Also doesn't help when division winners automatically finish with a top 2 seed, so technically, even though Dan (11 wins) had a worse record than me (12 wins), he finished ahead of me since he was a division winner while I was behind 007 (14 wins). This year seems to be the first time it will make a difference in recent years, but just one more mental hurdle along the way.
    Last edited by Axel; Sun Jul 18, 2021, 09:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skywalker
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post

I don't remember all the details, but historically, we've always intended to go by final regular season standings, just like the NBA. But since our commish is always in the mid-lotto, who knows if anyone has been actually paying attention to the end of the draft ranking.

2018 - Mack won the title but was only the 4th best season record, as 007, myself, and koncept had better records. But with all the trades, good luck figuring out who owned what picks when.
    Thanks for the input man!

For years, I didn't participate in the draft at all, so I checked to see who was being drafted, but paid zero attention to who was drafting where. The last couple years, I've probably had more draft picks than anyone else (LOL), so it seems we followed Yahoo's final season rankings, as opposed to end of season rankings. (Please feel free to chime in here guys if you have evidence to the contrary.)

In 2019, I drafted 2, 12, & 16. I cannot remember all picks that traded hands, but I did have Mack's pick. That's one thing that can be confirmed in the temporary 2018 thread. If we went by end of season rankings, 4th best would have drafted 13th, correct? So was that just a mess up since no one was paying attention? LOL

Thank you gentlemen!

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied

Thanks for the input man!!

Just out of curiosity, did you have the best regular season record in 2018?
    Wasn't that the draft year that Apollo accidentally "misplaced" the entire thread mid-draft?

I don't remember all the details, but historically, we've always intended to go by final regular season standings, just like the NBA. But since our commish is always in the mid-lotto, who knows if anyone has been actually paying attention to the end of the draft ranking.

2018 - Mack won the title but was only the 4th best season record, as 007, myself, and koncept had better records. But with all the trades, good luck figuring out who owned what picks when.

Leave a comment:

• skywalker
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post

It goes by final regular season standings, just as the NBA does.
    Thanks for the input man!!

Just out of curiosity, did you have the best regular season record in 2018?

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Good day gentlemen!!

Just looking for a bit of clarity for how our rookie draft works for non-lottery teams.

The rules state "Selection order for the Rookie Draft to be determined by NBA Lottery (for lottery teams) and Final Season Standing as per Yahoo (for non-lottery teams)."

I am interpreting this to mean the previous year's champion picks last. So, since Mack North is 2021 Champion, he would draft last, even though he didn't finish with the best 'regular season' record, since we are basing draft order on FINAL standings, not regular season standings?

Please let me know if I am off here haha
    It goes by final regular season standings, just as the NBA does.

Leave a comment:

• skywalker
    replied
    Good day gentlemen!!

Just looking for a bit of clarity for how our rookie draft works for non-lottery teams.

The rules state "Selection order for the Rookie Draft to be determined by NBA Lottery (for lottery teams) and Final Season Standing as per Yahoo (for non-lottery teams)."

I am interpreting this to mean the previous year's champion picks last. So, since Mack North is 2021 Champion, he would draft last, even though he didn't finish with the best 'regular season' record, since we are basing draft order on FINAL standings, not regular season standings?

Please let me know if I am off here haha

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Typically draft happens beginning of August and then re-signs due beginning of September, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    re-signs for Draymond, Donovan Mitchell and Bojan. years due before aug 1?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    koncept wrote: View Post
    is there something due July 1st?
    Yes. Beers and BBQ.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    is there something due July 1st?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo