X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post

I don't know if the original story was completely accurate.

So the Packers and the league knew and it doesn't seem like he broke the COVID protocols. What he did do is lie to the public no matter how he wants to spin it with his water drinking homeopathic strategy. Turns out placebo does not prevent COVID19. If he doesn't want the vaccine, fine. I don't even really cared that he lied because at the end of the day its none of my business and I don't need to know every detail. I think the vaccine is the best option we have though and he's now really hurting his team by his choices. I hope he makes a full recovery and doesn't end up with any complications.

He's going to miss maybe the biggest game of the regular season and maybe a second game (or more). I'm hoping Jordan Love crushes it because ready or not, the cap says he's likely going to be the QB next season anyway.
    Indoor press events with media - unvaccinated are to be masked. He didn't.
    The team Halloween party - indoor event protocol for unvaccinated is to wear a mask. He didn't.

Those are both with video evidence available to the public. Who knows behind the scenes?

I agree that his status doesn't matter, but lying about it and then not following the protocols are real issues in my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    So Ruggs is clearly a douche, but where do people stand on Rodgers? Lying (or misleading if you want to be kind about it) about his vaccination status and then following vaccinated personnel protocols instead of unvaccinated protocols (such as masks when not dressed on sidelines, media events inside, etc).

Rodgers has been a fairly polarizing personality the last few years, does this real change anything for anyone or just a drop in the bucket one way and much ado about nothing the other?
    I don't know if the original story was completely accurate.

So the Packers and the league knew and it doesn't seem like he broke the COVID protocols. What he did do is lie to the public no matter how he wants to spin it with his water drinking homeopathic strategy. Turns out placebo does not prevent COVID19. If he doesn't want the vaccine, fine. I don't even really cared that he lied because at the end of the day its none of my business and I don't need to know every detail. I think the vaccine is the best option we have though and he's now really hurting his team by his choices. I hope he makes a full recovery and doesn't end up with any complications.

He's going to miss maybe the biggest game of the regular season and maybe a second game (or more). I'm hoping Jordan Love crushes it because ready or not, the cap says he's likely going to be the QB next season anyway.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Nov 5, 2021, 07:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    So Ruggs is clearly a douche, but where do people stand on Rodgers? Lying (or misleading if you want to be kind about it) about his vaccination status and then following vaccinated personnel protocols instead of unvaccinated protocols (such as masks when not dressed on sidelines, media events inside, etc).

Rodgers has been a fairly polarizing personality the last few years, does this real change anything for anyone or just a drop in the bucket one way and much ado about nothing the other?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post

Witnesses said they heard her, breaths and cries, before the car burst into flames. She was pinned in via seatbelt and airbags, there was nothing they could do to get her out before the smoke and flames took over. The poor doggo too, I hope he died on impact at least. What an awful scene for those witnesses, they'll be scarred for life knowing what happened to her.
    That is horrific. The woman he killed was just two blocks from home and on her way there.

Apparently when Ruggs was taken to hospital he was screaming at the staff and then the police. He wouldn't cooperate with police and they needed a judge order to draw blood so they could confirm his impairment.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Nov 4, 2021, 05:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied

Yeah, I really don't like it when some of the media say there are two trageities here, and list his career as the first one and the person he killed as the second one. What the hell? And some of them have said they're praying for Ruggs and also for the those affected by the lives he took. The only person of importance in this story is the person he slammed into at 150MPH and then incinerated. Do we even know she was dead on impact? She might have burned alive. It's nuts.
    Witnesses said they heard her, breaths and cries, before the car burst into flames. She was pinned in via seatbelt and airbags, there was nothing they could do to get her out before the smoke and flames took over. The poor doggo too, I hope he died on impact at least. What an awful scene for those witnesses, they'll be scarred for life knowing what happened to her.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    He has an infant toddler and he lost his best friend to a car accident back in high school... WTH was he thinking?

If he wasn't a pro-athlete, nobody would have any sympathy for him. I believe the judge will make an example of him, as they should. That speed, coupled with being twice the limit, is just too much to ignore.
    Yeah, I really don't like it when some of the media say there are two trageities here, and list his career as the first one and the person he killed as the second one. What the hell? And some of them have said they're praying for Ruggs and also for the those affected by the lives he took. The only person of importance in this story is the person he slammed into at 150MPH and then incinerated. Do we even know she was dead on impact? She might have burned alive. It's nuts.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    He has an infant toddler and he lost his best friend to a car accident back in high school... WTH was he thinking?

If he wasn't a pro-athlete, nobody would have any sympathy for him. I believe the judge will make an example of him, as they should. That speed, coupled with being twice the limit, is just too much to ignore.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    156 mph is 251 kph.

I once had my car up to 200 kph (safely for a few seconds one afternoon on a flat open country side road ) and it wasn't fun.

Going 251 at night, while drunk, with a passenger, and rear-ending a car, killing a women (and her dog).... F#CK HIM!
    He was tested at twice the limit. He lost his damn mind. Celebrities have a way of sometimes shirting justice but I think he's going to be made an example of. This was such an extreme event.

Leave a comment:

• James Ballswin (Realizar)
    replied
    156 mph is 251 kph.

I once had my car up to 200 kph (safely for a few seconds one afternoon on a flat open country side road ) and it wasn't fun.

Going 251 at night, while drunk, with a passenger, and rear-ending a car, killing a women (and her dog).... F#CK HIM!

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Ruggs will be going to prison for this but that will mean little to the family who lost their loved one.
    Yup... I have no idea why these multi-millionaires can't spring for a ride service.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Ruggs will be going to prison for this but that will mean little to the family who lost their loved one.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    That is a complete tragedy.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Buh Bye Ruggsy

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/02/las-v...-car-accident/

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied

Well, for now, you guys have the all-time record for closest margin: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...602/recordbook
    No they don't, they are 0.20 points. All-time closest was Axel over Drizz by 0.14 in 2016.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I took down Bert by 0.2 points lol I'm just waiting for a stat correction where I take the L
    Well, for now, you guys have the all-time record for closest margin: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...602/recordbook

Leave a comment:

Working...
X