Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Keeper League (REBOOT W/ Salary Cap System)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Fantasy Keeper League (REBOOT W/ Salary Cap System)

Here's a rundown of what the league looks like as of today, May 21st:
    1. $200 total hard cap for re-signings, auction and regular season free agency (FAAB).
    2. The cost to acquire (auction price or FAAB price) determines the current cap hit.
    3. Re-signing price is 1.5 x the cap hit from last season. The only exception is signings made the previous season for less than Those cost a flat rate of $8 to re-sign and then are treated like every other player thereon.
    4. All salary re-sigings are rounded up to the nearest whole number (ie: no contracts of $8.10, $8.20, etc. Instead the contract will be $9 in this hypothetical case).
    5. No locked in multiyear deals. Re-sign whoever you want for as long as you want/can.
    6. Once you hit the cap you can still make signings but those players become UFA's even if traded (they go straight to auction in the off-season).
    7. Players signed to replace guys sent to IR are fair game to resign in the offseason.
    8. There is no rookie draft... For now at least.
    9. There is no transaction limit during the season. Shouldn't be a factor, really.
    10. When a trade will push a team over the salary cap, the trade value cannot exceed 110% of the total outbound players value.
    11. The league is standard Yahoo half PPR scoring.
    12. The starting roster is: 1Q, 3W, 2R, 1T,1 Superflex (Q/R/W/T), 0K(GTFO, kickers) & 1 DST.
    13. The bench is: 9B, 5IR
    14. Number of teams: changes year to year based on interest, so we'll allow expansion and contraction
    15. Year one WW is continually rolling but year two will feature remaining FAAB from the draft auction.
    Cap sheet is available here: https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...2021-cap-sheet

Please post your transactions.
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Sep 7, 2021, 08:25 AM.

If this is a discrete league I will give it a try as well....... Hand goes up to say yes I'm in.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      If this is a discrete league I will give it a try as well....... Hand goes up to say yes I'm in.
      This will be a brand new keeper league and welcome aboard.

Comment

Looks good to me... I'm down to start a new league.

Comment

And maybe keeping a guy 3 times max? That essentially gives you 4 seasons with one player.

Comment

Ya ill give this one a try
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I'm in.
              RR OG

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                And maybe keeping a guy 3 times max? That essentially gives you 4 seasons with one player.
                maybe only Keep two times... give us a little more roster turnover to keep it fresh.

Comment

Last edited by Apollo; Fri May 21, 2021, 01:31 PM. Reason: Covered in first post.

Comment

Comment

I don't really get it. The salary/auction style seems much harder to balance and understand than a traditional keeper with simple restrictions (can't keep Top 3 round drafted players, keeper cost is Round drafted minus 2, so a guy drafted in round 12 costs a 10th round pick to keep the next year, and an 8th the year after that).

I get that you are being more ambitious, it just doesn't really click in my mind but maybe that's the brain injury talking.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Here's another way to explain it (and hopefully MUCH better):
                        1. Your cap is: the money you get for the auction(draft) and FAAB(regular free agency); $200.
                        2. Whatever you spend to acquire the player is the cap hit in the first year.
                        3. That number is multiplied by 1.5 in the second year if you want to keep him (and that new total is multiplied by 1.5 the year after that if you want to keep him again and so on)
                        4. Players you grab at auction below $5 won't really materially be impacted by this 1.5 increase for years and so that would be a problem because teams would just load up on cheap fliers. So instead in these cases, any player signed for below $5 is given a $8 value to re-sign next year (ie: $5 x 1.5). Thereon they're treated like any player in bullet 3.

The table was an attempt to show you how it might play out for a team over five years. Good intentions but not very clear. Does this post make any more sense or is just a bad idea? I don't know if there's any point to use salary cap if the salaries aren't the thing applying the pressure. If it were to just be "you can only keep a guy two or three years" then there's no real point to add a cap at all and in which case I'm going to opt out of reviving keeper and someone else hopefully will step up and revive it if there's interest. Personally, I'm looking for something new.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Tue May 18, 2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          I know, man. Sorry. lol

See my followup post. Like I just said, if this is a bad idea I'll just park it.

Comment

One other thought. Maybe a compromise might be you can only keep _______ # of players but those players you keep see their cap hit increase by _______ amount each year.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Here's another way to explain it (and hopefully MUCH better):
                              1. Your cap is: the money you get for the auction(draft) and FAAB(regular free agency); $200.
                              2. Whatever you spend to acquire the player is the cap hit in the first year.
                              3. That number is multiplied by 1.5 in the second year if you want to keep him (and that new total is multiplied by 1.5 the year after that if you want to keep him again and so on)
                              4. Players you grab at auction below $5 won't really materially be impacted by this 1.5 increase for years and so that would be a problem because teams would just load up on cheap fliers. So instead in these cases, any player signed for below $5 is given a $8 value to re-sign next year (ie: $5 x 1.5). Thereon they're treated like any player in bullet 3.

The table was an attempt to show you how it might play out for a team over five years. Good intentions but not very clear. Does this post make any more sense or is just a bad idea? I don't know if there's any point to use salary cap if the salaries aren't the thing applying the pressure. If it were to just be "you can only keep a guy two or three years" then there's no real point to add a cap at all and in which case I'm going to opt out of reviving keeper and someone else hopefully will step up and revive it if there's interest. Personally, I'm looking for something new.
                              Yea, I'm all for a new style of league. I find the plain Keeper leagues to be a bit boring.

You draft a guy for $60, he takes $90 to keep the following season. Wise move to win now? Maybe. Wise move for the future of your team? Maybe not so much.

I'm down to give this a go. There's no IDP's, so rosters aren't terribly big.

Comment

Working...
                              X