Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Keeper League (REBOOT W/ Salary Cap System)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and one more thing. I hope everyone can make it but to those of you who can't just know that the auto drafter at auction works a lot better than standard drafts. Your team won't get any "deals" but you should end up with a competitive roster of old vets you'll need to replace asap.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Its time to talk about the draft.

This draft will look completely different than the Dynasty draft some of us just completed. It's a salary cap draft, meaning we're rolling with the auction format. Also it is a league founding draft, meaning we're filling completely empty rosters. That means 180 player will be auctioned off this Monday. Original Dynasty members can tell you how long that founding draft was.

The roster size influences the draft length but two more things do as well: nomination time and bid time. Nomination time is the amount of time you have to select a player for auction. We all take turns nominating and so you only go once each round of nominations. Bid time is the amount time between the final bid being entered and the player being awarded. Players always go to the highest bidder.

To give you an idea of how long this thing could be, if we set the max time to 60 seconds for Noms and to 30 seconds for Bids the projected draft time will be 3 hours, 22 mins. With the shortest possible window of 15 seconds Noms and 10 seconds Bids we're projected to come in at 56 minutes. That will be too fast for the inexperienced players in the draft (and probably experienced players). What I recommend is 30 second for noms and 10 seconds for bids. When bidding is taking place it will be tough to build out your queue (if you arrive early you could build out your queue beforehand) and so 30 seconds should be enough time to quickly pick someone to nominate if you don't have a queue created. Bid times of 10 seconds means there's no long ass 30 second clock rundown to multiple last second bids that reset the clock. The projected draft run time with Noms of 30 seconds and Bids of 10 seconds is 1 hour and 30 minutes. If we bumped Noms to 45 seconds and left bids alone we project to come in at around 2 hours. If we instead left noms alone and bumped bid time up to 20 seconds then the projected draft time comes in at just under 2 hours.

For now I am locking this in at Nom time of 30 seconds and Bid time of 10 seconds. Rolling with 20 second Bid time would be alright as well, we'll just be in the draft for an extra 30 min. What do you all think?
      Demographic Shift drizz Axel James Ballswin (Realizar) MangoKid Mack North jbml tucas bertarapsfan
      Sounds good.....
      See you folks at the draft.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

god i hate auction drafts. i'm kind of glad i don't have the time to sit through three excruciating hours of that. although i will miss bidding people up on players i have no interest in lol

i edited a few of my autodraft values, but i'm not expecting much. looking forward to the consolation final! look out!

Comment

Good luck, fellow drafters! t-minus 65 minutes to draft.

Comment

So I missed one setting in the league setup. Instead of blind bidding on WW it's set to continually rolling... It's too bad it happened but I don't see a way to change it now. I don't think it can be changed until the offseason. So, what we can do is say each successful add is for the minimum value for the cap purposes. We'll have it right for next season.

Comment

Very interesting draft. I think I have a great mix of today and tomorrow. If tomorrow comes through today, it's gonna be a great season.

Comment

Looks like I maybe over valued something RB’s in my pre draft values. If anyone’s interested, I’d be willing to move one of Cook, Saquon or Henry for a top WR

Comment

Just keep in mind there is a salary cap and trades that send a team over cap can't exceed 110% of their outbound trade value.

Comment

So I missed one setting in the league setup. Instead of blind bidding on WW it's set to continually rolling... It's too bad it happened but I don't see a way to change it now. I don't think it can be changed until the offseason. So, what we can do is say each successful add is for the minimum value for the cap purposes. We'll have it right for next season.
                    So one thing I did to try and balance this oversight is I edited the WW priority. I sorted the priority by most available funds and nom priority order. The new WW priority order for the start of the season is here:
                    WW Priority Team Starting Budget Nom Order
                    1 Axel $40 1
                    2 Apollo Test Pilots $40 4
                    3 Bert's Boss Team $24 6
                    4 Demo Shifters $13 5
                    5 North North $3 9
                    6 Jonah's Genius Team $0 2
                    7 MangoKid $0 3
                    8 drizz $0 7
                    9 James Ballswin (R... $0 8
                    10 jbml $0 10
                    Once a team makes a successful claim they are booted to the bottom of the priority order.

Comment

We have a cap sheet: https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...2021-cap-sheet

I'm going to probably take out the "Next Year' column once the season gets going but I wanted everyone to see the math for next off-season.

Comment

Tucas receives
                        Tyreek Hill 50
                        Jalen Hurts 2
                        total 52

Demo receives
                        Saquon Barkley 40
                        Mike Evans 8
                        total 48

10% difference
                        Last edited by tucas; Tue Sep 7, 2021, 02:30 PM.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                          Tucas receives
                          Tyreek Hill 50
                          Jalen Hurts 2
                          total 52

Demo receives
                          Saquon Barkley 40
                          Mike Evans 8
                          total 48

10% difference
                          A stunningly brilliant trade executed by two early EOY candidates helps both teams.
                          - TGO

Comment

Drive to the undefeated season starts off on track
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

If Demo didn't trade with Tucas he would have beaten me in week one. Instead, I posted the week one high score and outscored him by 25 points. Early days though.

Comment

If Demo didn't trade with Tucas he would have beaten me in week one. Instead, I posted the week one high score and outscored him by 25 points. Early days though.
                                Its a long season.

- TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X