Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    Hmm, reminds me of what Apollo thinks about his team at the start of every season. Maybe this time!

Apollo wrote: View Post
    And now it seems time for everyone's favorite weekly post. The week one POWER Rankings:

The Champs (Mack North) are clearly dead in the water. The "Pros" know what's what.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Bless all your hearts.
    To recap last season, the only team in the real fantasy season who could stop the injury riddled Creeds was the H's in the Finals. Well, this year the Creeds will finally be at full strength...So, respectfully, everyone GTFO because here come the Creeds!

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    lol look at Joey trying to be fantasy relevant again. Bless his heart
    Bless all your hearts.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Guy gets a ring handed to him without any playoffs, and all of a sudden he gets a big head about it.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post

"Got him at *14" - don't forget you all stole 007 and DanH's picks.

Better take those rankings with a big ol' grain of salt... they have Mark Williams at 507 overall. 15 players on 30 teams = 450 players, so they must think he's G-League or maybe even CEBL? He's got ROY written all over him.
    LOL Fair enough. Got him with the 16th pick. Which is technically true. Lol

And, I mean ... for the bolded, I think they've got it about right, if I'm being honest.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Keegan Murray and Tari Eason the #2 and #4 pre-season ranked Rookies according to Yahoo respectively.

And I think Dyson Daniels would be much higher if not for the ankle injury.

Eason at #4 (and ranked higher than both Jabari Smith and Jaden Ivey) is pretty awesome considering I got him at #16; even though it means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Nice little validation. Lol
    "Got him at *14" - don't forget you all stole 007 and DanH's picks.

Better take those rankings with a big ol' grain of salt... they have Mark Williams at 507 overall. 15 players on 30 teams = 450 players, so they must think he's G-League or maybe even CEBL? He's got ROY written all over him.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Keegan Murray and Tari Eason the #2 and #4 pre-season ranked Rookies according to Yahoo respectively.

And I think Dyson Daniels would be much higher if not for the ankle injury.

Eason at #4 (and ranked higher than both Jabari Smith and Jaden Ivey) is pretty awesome considering I got him at #16; even though it means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Nice little validation. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I was just reading an interesting article about the 2020 draft that I figured I'd share:

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fas...ese-haliburton

Redrafting The 2020 NBA Draft: LaMelo Ball Or Anthony Edwards No. 1 Overall?
    The 2020 NBA Draft brought in plenty of talent to the league, but looking back on the draft, did some teams make a mistake with their pick?
    #1 Minnesota Timberwolves - LaMelo Ball
    Actual Pick: Anthony Edwards
    #2 Golden State Warriors - Anthony Edwards Actual Pick: James Wiseman
    #3 Charlotte Hornets - James Wiseman
    Actual Pick: LaMelo Ball
    #4 Chicago Bulls - Tyrese Haliburton
    Actual Pick: Patrick Williams
    #5 Cleveland Cavaliers - Saddiq Bey
    Actual Pick: Isaac Okoro
    #6 Atlanta Hawks - Desmond Bane
    Actual Pick: Onyeka Okongwu
    #7 Detroit Pistons - Tyrese Maxey
    Actual Pick: Killian Hayes
    #8 New York Knicks - Cole Anthony
    Actual Pick: Obi Toppin
    #9 Washington Wizards - Patrick Williams
    Actual Pick: Deni Avdija
    #10 Phoenix Suns - Immanuel Quickley
    Actual Pick: Jalen Smith
    It does the whole first round and shares some commentary on each pick.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    007 just want to tag you so you know we still have our picks to make.
    Ya sent a message as well. Hope everything is ok!

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    007 just want to tag you so you know we still have our picks to make.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    When do we have to declare keepers? Is it right before the free agent draft? I have a couple of guys on 1 year deals that I might drop to give me more slots at the draft. As those guys are not under contract in the NBA. But they might still so want to keep my options open until the last possible second.
    Per page 1:
    September 1st Extension Deadline.
    Released players' contracts will continue count against a team's cap unless picked up on First Waiver Period.

You've got 3+ weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    When do we have to declare keepers? Is it right before the free agent draft? I have a couple of guys on 1 year deals that I might drop to give me more slots at the draft. As those guys are not under contract in the NBA. But they might still so want to keep my options open until the last possible second.
    September 1st is the deadline for all contracts given to both your own FAs and your Rookies drafted.

That said, you can drop players at any point up until the Auction Draft. They just count against your cap.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

out of the 4 lottery guys that went unpicked only Abaji really made me think twice.

also what a fall from grace from our assistant coach's son. From projected top 5 talent most of the college season, to undrafted in the RR draft
    I think its durability. He can't stay healthy. Maybe he ends up like Danny Granger and proves them wrong, for a little while, but maybe he's like all the guys who prove the label correct by no fault of their own. Also, he went to the Hawk but they really need defense and he sucks on defense... Then there is the fact that Nate is the coach and he's not fantasy friendly to rookies. There's lots of question marks here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X