RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

To recap last season, the only team in the real fantasy season who could stop the injury riddled Creeds was the H's in the Finals. Well, this year the Creeds will finally be at full strength...So, respectfully, everyone GTFO because here come the Creeds!
    didn't he literally die moments after that gif?
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

But lived on through Adonis Creed. This is bulletproof, don't dig too deep into this gif. This super team is flying high.

Comment

• Not trying to rush cuz the draft is essentially over, but how long are we giving 007 to make his selection? Every day that goes by provides that much extra scouting/less chance of injury than anyone else has had.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          Not trying to rush cuz the draft is essentially over, but how long are we giving 007 to make his selection? Every day that goes by provides that much extra scouting/less chance of injury than anyone else has had.
          Ya I was thinking this too. I'm fine if Dan wants to go ahead and make his pick, and I mean, ya I don't know what to do about 007. Depends on the circumstances. Life happens. Want to be sympathetic to that as much as possible.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

I wish I could like this comment twice. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Ya I was thinking this too. I'm fine if Dan wants to go ahead and make his pick, and I mean, ya I don't know what to do about 007. Depends on the circumstances. Life happens. Want to be sympathetic to that as much as possible.
              I haven't gone back to check previous drafts, but Ballswin did say he lost out(completely) on picks due to missing his timeslot. If that's true then the time alotted has been pretty sufficient.

I'm fine if Dan wants to make his selection now and give 007 til Sept 1 at the very latest.

Just my 2 cents, I'm easy either way, but we need to set precident for future drafts. The rule has already been comprimised.

Comment

• I'm certainly ready to draft if everyone is agreed I can proceed.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• My memory of the rules is that they are similar to the NFL rules (where this situation has happened unlike NBA), basically you have a draft window start time, but there isn't technically an end time (it ends when you pick). So if the next person's window has opened and you still haven't picked, you are both technically on the clock and it's first come first served. So if 007 had showed up at any point in the draft, they could have posted a pick, regardless of how far down they slid. So I say both 007 and Dan are officially on the clock, so whoever gets their pick in first gets it. But the CBA rules do say "forfeit" if outside the window, not exactly sure where this rule came from (based on anything in the NBA?).

As for how long before the draft "ends", that is really without any precedent since real drafts always get their picks in (even if late which has happened at least twice in the NFL that I remember).

I don't remember any past incident with Ballswin (or any issues since we adopted the 'live' draft format), but I do know that we used to have longer draft windows as well because of Miek's timezone difference. Some of the windows in this draft were really only a few hours. Mine for example started after I was asleep, so I had until 10 am my time to make the pick once I got up in the morning. Since the picks were ahead of the timeslots it wasn't an issue, but if I had wanted to engage in trade talks that depended on who went ahead of my pick, I wouldn't have had much of a window to work with to finalize any deal if the picks ahead of me used their full time. So if we are looking at firming up rules and precedent, I think the draft window length needs to be a part of that discussion.
                  Last edited by Axel; Sun Aug 14, 2022, 09:32 AM.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So I went back and looked at the draft history (part of the champions history thread) and Ballswin hasn't lost a pick due to missing the window, he lost his picks in Season 1 and 2 because it was the old format of "if you draft 5th, PM your top 5 choices by Aug 1" and he didn't submit. Since then, he has either traded his pick or wasted it (Frank Ntilikina). So we have no league precedence. The CBA rules for draft were added in S5 but I didn't see anything in the S4 thread that was an issue (except some awful picks like Henry Ellenson, Dragon Bender ahead of Jaylon Brown who went 10th).

Comment

• Ya I was going to say, I don't remember Ballsy losing his pick in the same manner as has happened recently, but thanks to Axel for going back and confirming that. Also, new thread is up! Switch discussion over to there!

Comment

• I always thought that we just carry on with draft, soon as that person who's window passed come back they can make the pick whenever. let him pick
                        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                        X