RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    So the question now is how high does Koloko go in our draft?
    No lower than 15, that's for sure.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So the question now is how high does Koloko go in our draft?
      Not past me at 8, that's for damn sure.

Comment

• #%$@ does that mean I have to take him at 6 .

Comment

• #6 is and #14 are available. Ideally i am looking for one pick this year and one future pick

Comment

• I'm kind of ok being at #5 and #12 (and #16 I guess, but less so that one) now actually the more I explore my options.

It was always going to be Banchero, Holmgren, and Smith at 1, 2 & 3, and none of them ever really screamed out to me as future All-Star+.

For 4-16 I could really see it going any which way for our draft.

Alot of good depth there where I think we'll see more than a few solid contributors come out of the lottery.
            Couple of good young guys, couple of older Juniors and Seniors.

Whens Summer League start?? Gotta send the scouts out ASAP.

Comment

• I'll listen to trade offers for Jimmy Butler. I would like a 2022 pick in the offer but I'm open to other ideas.

I'm resigning Bane, Stewart and Anthony but I would consider a S&T on Cole Anthony or Isaiah Stewart for a draft pick.

DanH The Coach James Ballswin (Realizar) 007 Mack North Axel jbml WJF koncept skywalker tucas bertarapsfan planetmars Joey drizz

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                #6 is and #14 are available. Ideally i am looking for one pick this year and one future pick
                would consider someone and my #11 pick for 6.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• What do people think about adding a 3rd pick to available assets? Just spit balling after seeing the Kevin Durant news, and wondering if that wouldn't make things a bit more exciting. I think that could foster even more movement, but obviously cool if people prefer status quo.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    What do people think about adding a 3rd pick to available assets? Just spit balling after seeing the Kevin Durant news, and wondering if that wouldn't make things a bit more exciting. I think that could foster even more movement, but obviously cool if people prefer status quo.
                    Do you mean making picks from the next three years available instead of two years? If so, I'm down.

One idea I propose is the pick restriction being tied to years of seniority in the league. Are you a rookie? Well you can't trade your pick unless one comes back in the trade. Been in the league four seasons? Well, you can trade your picks from 2022 to 2025 without any coming back. That sort of thing. The vets in this league are all savvy. It's the new guys who tend to get into trouble.

Comment

• A middle ground could be moving up the time when the picks free up for trade. Like, during this past season, we couldn't trade our 2024 picks. But after the upcoming draft we can. What if we moved that line to after the championship game, so when approaching a draft, teams can trade their current draft pick, and also the next two drafts. Same off-season, but pulls more assets into a single window so bigger blockbusters are possible. Also lets teams who have traded out of drafts have an opportunity to trade an untouched future pick if they have a target in the current draft they really like.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Do you mean making picks from the next three years available instead of two years? If so, I'm down.

One idea I propose is the pick restriction being tied to years of seniority in the league. Are you a rookie? Well you can't trade your pick unless one comes back in the trade. Been in the league four seasons? Well, you can trade your picks from 2022 to 2025 without any coming back. That sort of thing. The vets in this league are all savvy. It's the new guys who tend to get into trouble.
                        Yes to the first part. To the second part, I think all of our newer-ish owners are pretty savvy at this point and well adjusted, so no need to penalize or unnecessarily hamper them further. They've all got serious rebuilds to work on.

But ya, Dans idea could be worth exploring. But either way, it's just to add an extra asset to facilitate some maybe bigger moves for the teams that only have picks to offer.

Comment

• Also new cap sheet is available here:
                          https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...2-23-cap-sheet

Still a bit of work to be done for those that didn't submit updates, but I'll try and suss that out over the weekend.

Let me know if I missed anything!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Yes to the first part. To the second part, I think all of our newer-ish owners are pretty savvy at this point and well adjusted, so no need to penalize or unnecessarily hamper them further. They've all got serious rebuilds to work on.

But ya, Dans idea could be worth exploring. But either way, it's just to add an extra asset to facilitate some maybe bigger moves for the teams that only have picks to offer.
                            The new guys are doing well but they have less experience and I thought that was the reason for the two year restriction. I'm all for changing this in whatever way if it creates more trade flexibility.

Comment

• I like the idea of having a 3rd pick too. Do we care about having some form of the Stepien rule in place? If a manager wants to give up 3 picks in consecutive years, that's fine with me.. just would suck for a new manager to come in and not have any draft assets to help them out if the previous manager went nuclear.

Comment

• In such a situation I would be in favor of adding a 17th pick. You wat to keep rookies interested. The draft is a big part of the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X