RR NBA Dynasty League Thread (S10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I like the idea of having a 3rd pick too. Do we care about having some form of the Stepien rule in place? If a manager wants to give up 3 picks in consecutive years, that's fine with me.. just would suck for a new manager to come in and not have any draft assets to help them out if the previous manager went nuclear.
    Ya, I thought about that as well. I don't know if it's needed. I think it was with you even we did the 17th pick thing? Which is a good alternative if absolutely necessary.

But ya, I'm open to whatever people think is right.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Ya, I thought about that as well. I don't know if it's needed. I think it was with you even we did the 17th pick thing? Which is a good alternative if absolutely necessary.

But ya, I'm open to whatever people think is right.
      Yeah you guys gave me the 17th pick in my first year.. really helped actually.

Comment

• Well then ... looks like my bet on Miles Bridges might turn out to be a very bad bet ...

Comment

• Yeah, it seems like a good call to get rid of a rule that's no longer protecting anyone from making rookie mistakes.

Comment

• To clarify you mean 3rd picks as the pick 3 years from now ? I'm not against that if we remain with only 16 lotto picks a year
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
              To clarify you mean 3rd picks as the pick 3 years from now ? I'm not against that if we remain with only 16 lotto picks a year
              Ya exactly. Instead of having 2 years of picks available to trade, we have 3. Definitely didn't consider a 2nd round, which I think we decided a long time ago was never really going to be an option.

Comment

• My suggestion of just sliding the window by a couple months (to once either our championship or the NBA championship is done) would prevent any Stepien rule stuff from being necessary. Once the draft is done the furthest out a team could be in the hole would still be two years.

The other benefit is it frees up assets at a time when people are still antsy from the recent season and engaged during the NBA draft and free agency, whereas the current system unlocks those assets in August after most of the league pokes their head out for the draft but otherwise is rather disengaged for summer vacation.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Do we have a rough idea as to when the rookie draft will start?

Comment

Do we have a rough idea as to when the rookie draft will start?
                    Usually August 1

Comment

• I'm re-signing all 3 of my FAs, Years TBD. Deadline for years is typically sep 1 right?
                      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                        I'm re-signing all 3 of my FAs, Years TBD. Deadline for years is typically sep 1 right?
                        Yep.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Do we have a rough idea as to when the rookie draft will start?
                          When I make the 1st pick!

Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Do we have a date for the draft start? Going to be away on vacation middle of August so would be great if it is early or late August. But that's just my preference i know everybody probably has something that works best for them
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              Do we have a date for the draft start? Going to be away on vacation middle of August so would be great if it is early or late August. But that's just my preference i know everybody probably has something that works best for them
                              Standing assumption is August 1st unless there's a reason to change it.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yep, always August 1st. I'll put up the draft time slots matrix shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X