NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (S11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    And the Jets flew out the whole of the front office including Woody Johnson to meet with Aaron Rodgers.
    Tough call for Aaron... finish his career in the only place he ever played or take one last run at it with the Jets.
    I'm excited to see this end. Rodgers didn't want to come back. Both he and the Packers now have confirmed he that ignored them all off-season. He tried to frame it on Pat McAfee that it's the big bad Packers who triggered this but it's really him, he hammered in the final nails. That's okay but it's time to go not win anything in NYC. I don't think the Packers are getting the Jets' 12th overall in the draft but I don't see a reason why they can get their #1 in 2024. Time will tell but now is the season of Love.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I'm excited to see this end. Rodgers didn't want to come back. Both he and the Packers now have confirmed he that ignored them all off-season. He tried to frame it on Pat McAfee that it's the big bad Packers who triggered this but it's really him, he hammered in the final nails. That's okay but it's time to go not win anything in NYC. I don't think the Packers are getting the Jets' 12th overall in the draft but I don't see a reason why they can get their #1 in 2024. Time will tell but now is the season of Love.
      So it came down to illness.
      Green Bay was sick of Rogers and Rogers was sick of Green Bay.

I can't remember which guy gets credit for this line... I heard it on McCowan when he ran sports in this city for 20 years via Prime Time Sports. He loves telling that story too.
      But it fits here.

I am still gobsmacked with Lamar.
      I don't know the ins and outs of the NFL CBA but it seems the price for Lamar is two first round picks. Incredibly low for a premier player who plays the premier position in the game. Guessing he wants the Watson deal. And thinking that the Ravens want an out if he gets hurt. So its an impasse for now. Wonder if in his last FU to the owners who have quietly asked him to sell Daniel Snyder gives Lamar the bag. The 5 year 250M$ guaranteed deal.

Lamar not having an agent and letting it get this far has probably cost him a bunch of money.
      This is hard to argue with.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

I am still gobsmacked with Lamar.
        I don't know the ins and outs of the NFL CBA but it seems the price for Lamar is two first round picks. Incredibly low for a premier player who plays the premier position in the game. Guessing he wants the Watson deal. And thinking that the Ravens want an out if he gets hurt. So its an impasse for now. Wonder if in his last FU to the owners who have quietly asked him to sell Daniel Snyder gives Lamar the bag. The 5 year 250M$ guaranteed deal.

Lamar not having an agent and letting it get this far has probably cost him a bunch of money.
        This is hard to argue with.

What this Tweet doesn't tell you though is that Lamar saved 10% of his gross earnings by going with his Mom instead of an agent and 15% on his car insurance by going with Geico.

It would be good to get a Ravens fan perspective but where could we find one? Axel
        Last edited by Apollo; Wed Mar 29, 2023, 11:29 AM.

Comment

So it came down to illness.
          Green Bay was sick of Rogers and Rogers was sick of Green Bay.
          I view this as similar to the relationship Vince Carter had with the Raptors management in Toronto. They gave him far too much power because he recognized his worth to the franchise's success and he applied heavy pressure to take as much control as he could. They caved. In basketball, screwing up a couple of contracts to keep a star happy can be a kill shot but in football, it can just mean coming up a little short of full potential. In any regard, when the player doesn't deliver on his side of the bargain the power can shift... Giving players too much power is never a good thing. Carter was a diva in his prime year and Rodgers is still a diva. Its hard to deal with players who have that mindset. You can look at how the Patriots always held the power with Brady but then, Brady had a entirely different temperament to Rodgers. It wasn't all about him, it was all about the team and winning or losing together. This might be why the Packers didn't live up to potential with such a great talent like Aaron Rodgers. The team is #2.

Comment

I view this as similar to the relationship Vince Carter had with the Raptors management in Toronto. They gave him far too much power because he recognized his worth to the franchise's success and he applied heavy pressure to take as much control as he could. They caved. In basketball, screwing up a couple of contracts to keep a star happy can be a kill shot but in football, it can just mean coming up a little short of full potential. In any regard, when the player doesn't deliver on his side of the bargain the power can shift... Giving players too much power is never a good thing. Carter was a diva in his prime year and Rodgers is still a diva. Its hard to deal with players who have that mindset. You can look at how the Patriots always held the power with Brady but then, Brady had a entirely different temperament to Rodgers. It wasn't all about him, it was all about the team and winning or losing together. This might be why the Packers didn't live up to potential with such a great talent like Aaron Rodgers. The team is #2.
            I believe this whole ordeal stems from one fateful decision: the Packers drafting Jordon Love instead of a WR.

Had they drafted a WR, the team would have been immediately better; would have been better to compete for a title with with Rodgers playing at a MVP level; and, thus would have appeased Rodgers by showing him the commitment to support his talent.
            RR OG

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post

I believe this whole ordeal stems from one fateful decision: the Packers drafting Jordon Love instead of a WR.

Had they drafted a WR, the team would have been immediately better; would have been better to compete for a title with with Rodgers playing at a MVP level; and, thus would have appeased Rodgers by showing him the commitment to support his talent.
              The Patriots drafted Jimmy G. Brady didn't blink, didn't complain, and went to work performing to such a level that they had to trade Jimmy years later. He won a bunch of Super Bowls with the Patriots after Jimmy G was drafted and they hardly ever really found Brady significant offensive upgrades over that time. He made stars out of who he had.

Rodgers wants to be viewed in that class and he says he's the greatest Packer ever in addition to that. Well, he doesn't match up, and sitting in the dark for days isn't going to change that.

You might be right about what set this off but that doesn't make how Rodgers handled it right. It just highlights how fragile his ego is. You should never negotiate with terrorists or diva QBs on a power trip.

Comment

What this Tweet doesn't tell you though is that Lamar saved 10% of his gross earnings by going with his Mom instead of an agent and 15% on his car insurance by going with Geico.

It would be good to get a Ravens fan perspective but where could we find one? Axel
                I honestly don't know where I land on any of it. The numbers I've heard rumoured to have been offered seem like good offers. The more it plays it the more it feels like Lamar is taking a stand from an ideological standpoint than anything. NFL players have complained for years about not fully guaranteed deals like NBA players get, and Lamar is certainly in the unique position where he could conceivably push the needle for that. That said, I don't think the Ravens will do it. 32 NFL teams, only the Browns have been desperate enough to go that route and I just don't see the Ravens being the 2nd. I think they'd do fully guaranteed for a smaller number, but not fully guaranteed and top dollar. Lamar needs to pick between the two for things to be worked out.

As a Ravens fan, I really wish Lamar had a real NFL agent, to help balance his perspective on this. I think the Ravens made a good but shrewd move with the non-exclusive tag, cause they realize that not many teams would meet Lamar's demands and wanted him to hear it for himself instead of just hearing it from them.

I'm a Ravens fan first and foremost. If they end up dealing him for a great package, I'd be ok with that if that is what is best for the team. I hope he stays and they work something out, but if not, I want what is best for the team.

As for the Ross Tucker tweet, I remember seeing that and thinking, well yeah, that's what happens in the system when you get passed on for 31 picks. Comparing a guy drafted at the top of the 1st round vs the bottom, those are slotted salaries and not really indicative of anything to do with Lamar/Allen or the Ravens/Bills, that's a by-product of the NFL and NFLPA. The discrepancy is huge but that's a CBA issue, not a contracting issue. You can't negotiate the past.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Probably lots of shared culpability on how it got this far.

This could drag out to training camp. Will he report kinda stuff.
                  - TGO

Comment

• With no second team manifesting it sure does look like Lamar is boxed into a corner. There's no moral victory here for him but if he can stand back and look at this situation rationally for a moment, there is a team offering him over $100M guaranteed. For 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people, that is a massive victory. For 99.9% of NFL QB's, that's a massive victory.

Comment

With no second team manifesting it sure does look like Lamar is boxed into a corner. There's no moral victory here for him but if he can stand back and look at this situation rationally for a moment, there is a team offering him over $100M guaranteed. For 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people, that is a massive victory. For 99.9% of NFL QB's, that's a massive victory.
                      This looks like an old MLB owners strategy....
                      Except the NFL PA isn't in the same position as the MLB PA was with Marvin Miller to head off what looks like agreed to no full guarantee contracts ever.
                      Until they do what the owners always seem to do... undercut themselves.
                      If not for Lamar then it will be for some future universe altering QB in his prime.
                      God bless em.
                      - TGO

Comment

This looks like an old MLB owners strategy....
                        Except the NFL PA isn't in the same position as the MLB PA was with Marvin Miller to head off what looks like agreed to no full guarantee contracts ever.
                        Until they do what the owners always seem to do... undercut themselves.
                        If not for Lamar then it will be for some future universe altering QB in his prime.
                        God bless em.
                        I don't necessarily agree. The owners are pushing to make Watson an outlier. Outside of Mahomes, no one who got the bag has won anything. I think that could change it was to become the norm but for the wrong reasons. I usually take the player's side of things but the amount of money needed to be placed in escrow for these fully guaranteed deals could hurt the smaller market teams' ability to compete for championships.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Thu Apr 6, 2023, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I don't necessarily agree. The owners are pushing to make Watson an outlier. Outside of Mahomes, no one who got the bag has won anything. I think that could change it was to become the norm but for the wrong reasons. I usually take the player's side of things but the amount of money needed to be placed in escrow for these fully guaranteed deals could hurt the smaller market teams' ability to compete for championships.
                          Fair... but I don't think the NFL owners, even the small market ones, are going to need CERB to squeak by.
                          I do admit though.. cutting the escrow cheques on the day they are due is probably not a great day.
                          This could go any number of ways for Lamar.

From...
                          Baltimore caving and handing the bag to Lamar, to Lamar saying you have my number, pay me or trade me,to Baltimore sitting on the deal and having Lamar holding out well into the season.

Nothing like a salary standoff.
                          - TGO

Comment

• How true is this ?
                            With a week to go there are some real stories out there of dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

For me....
                            Not buying that the Texans move out or don't take a QB at 2.

If anyone in particular is off the Baltimore Ravens Fans suicide hotline .. what the view on Lamar a week before the draft ?
                            Is the Jalen Hurts deal forcing him to accept that he is now losing money and come back to talk. ?

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 21, 2023, 11:54 AM.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Really looking forward to the draft next week. Bijan or bust for my Boys... just don't let him go to Philthy. Other than that, I don't care what position they draft as they don't often miss in the top few rounds.

9ers sneaking their way into the A-Rod sweepstakes? Send him to NY!

Sounds like Hendon Hooker is rending up into the first round... was hoping Dallas might be able to grab him in the 3rd.

None of these QBs look to be game wreckers... 2 might be OK and stick around for a 2nd contract, 3 or 4 won't last 5 years. It happens every single year.

Comment

• What's the draft order?
                                RR OG

Comment

Working...
                                X