Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    What's the draft order?
    I usually just send Apollo a case of his favourite adult social beveridges and get a pretty good draft spot.

The commish usually has this up in a new thread by May/June
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Favre errrrr Rodgers to the Jets.

Its a new day in Green Bay! Pretty good haul too, considering the circumstance.

Does Apollo LOVE the deal?

Comment

• And Aaron Rogers takes the show on the road to NY.
        The half surfer dude half California mystic mountain monk takes up residence in the new homeland. The New York Metro Area.
        Can't wait.

And the Jets are going to be in the conversation with that defense and now a better than game manager at QB.
        Packers have to be delighted to restock with some quality assets heading their way.
        - TGO

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          Favre errrrr Rodgers to the Jets.

Its a new day in Green Bay! Pretty good haul too, considering the circumstance.

Does Apollo LOVE the deal?
          I think it was a good trade! 42nd overall this year and likely a pick next year in the early 20s. I'm also happy that all the drama is over. Here's a question for you guys, now that the trade is done who has more pressure, Jordan Love or Aaron Rodgers?

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            And Aaron Rogers takes the show on the road to NY.
            The half surfer dude half California mystic mountain monk takes up residence in the new homeland. The New York Metro Area.
            Can't wait.

And the Jets are going to be in the conversation with that defense and now a better than game manager at QB.
            Packers have to be delighted to restock with some quality assets heading their way.
            I wish him the best in NYC and I'm probably going to watch more Jets games this season than I have in the past decade combined. I'm not sold on the Jets being a top-tier contender though. I think they're more of a 11-6, one-and-done in the playoffs type team but that's an improvement!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I think it was a good trade! 42nd overall this year and likely a pick next year in the early 20s. I'm also happy that all the drama is over. Here's a question for you guys, now that the trade is done who has more pressure, Jordan Love or Aaron Rodgers?
              Rodgers has way more pressure, imo. He's in The Big Apple on a team that is said to be a QB away from a Super Bowl given their offensive makeup and excellent defense. We saw how this worked out in Denver last year when they were said to be in the same position... however, A-Rod is a much better QB than Russell Wilson. The problem is, he's now in the stacked QB conference with guys like Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Burrow, Jackson... even Watson and Lawrence can be thrown in the mix this year.

Jordan Love will have at least this entire season to prove his worth and I can see them picking up his fifth year option which is coming up soon I believe. They drafted receivers last year so he will need time to develop a rapport with them and they now have extra draft capital this year and next to fill out the roster. They can always draft a new QB next year if thing don't go well with Love this year - Caleb Williams and Drake Maye look to be the headliners of 2024.

Comment

• The last domino to fall is Lamar.
                - TGO

Comment

The last domino to fall is Lamar.
                  Don't forget the draft!

Finally, something to get me off this Maple Leaf fever.

Comment

• The draft for sure.... Lots of new QB talent this year....
                    Who of these new guys lands where has the NFL rumour mills working at 9,000 RPM's..
                    I think 5 go in round 1.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Draft night and Lamar gets his contract. $260M with $185M guaranteed. Crazy times but they had to do it I guess. It will be a lot more difficult to send out those deep rosters going forward.

Comment

• Lamar gets the bag.
                        Good for Lamar.

And now the draft... 5QBs in Round 1.

Houston just has to leave the draft with a better option at QB.
                        How they do it will be interesting.
                        Can't believe you would let a QB go past you that could come back to haunt you as a divisional rival for a decade.
                        - TGO

Comment

Lamar gets the bag.
                          Good for Lamar.

And now the draft... 5QBs in Round 1.

Houston just has to leave the draft with a better option at QB.
                          How they do it will be interesting.
                          Can't believe you would let a QB go past you that could come back to haunt you as a divisional rival for a decade.
                          You were lookin' good with 3 outta the first 4 picks being QB... then nothing!

I don't know, I just don't see Anthony Richardson being all that. He barely played in college and when he did he wasn't exactly spectacular. He has JaMarcus Russell written all over him.

Texans paid bigtime to get that #3 pick, but Stroud and WAJ is a pretty good haul for one day. They need some WR help on day 2 and 3.

How far do Levis and Hooker slide? I think Hooker can be the next Jalen Hurts.

Lots of first round talent left on the board. I'm excited for day 2!

Comment

• Anthony Richardson is the Derrick Henry of QBs in terms of size and athleticism (actually, he may be the most athletic player in the NFL). I can see why a team would consider taking a huge risk on him and after, the Colts were talking like he's a project. I think they're banking on a Jalen Hurts-type transformation. Super risky though.

One thing that really surprised me about Hooker is that he's 25 years old. Maybe he can be the next Jalen Hurts but for perspective, he was legally allowed to enter a bar six months before Jalen was. Levis gives me Wentz vibes. He checks all the boxes on paper but might not be a true leader.

The Packers did very Packers things in round one and in round two I'm hoping they go offense. They need a TE and a WR. Give Love a chance.

Comment

• 31 pretty happy guys this morning ....

The Houston Texans are a serious football team again !!
                              Philadelphia is using the university of georgia as a farm team.
                              Pete Carroll and Seattle are the first off the reservation with the pick of Devon Witherspon a CB at 5. Second off was Detroit with an RB and a LB... both great players... just not expected to go in those spots.
                              Bijan Robinson the next great Texas RB goes to Atlanta ...

Love that all the draft analysts rate the teams as winners and losers using the sole criteria of who took their favourites as the only point in the analysis.

Have to believe one of Tennesse, Washington, maybe even the Rams with Stafford getting up there , move up early to takes a swing at one of Levis or Hooker.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 28, 2023, 12:04 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

Working...
                              X