No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (S11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the rally continues. Went from a “bookend” 5 weeks ago to what looks like will be 3rd place with 2 weeks to go in the regular season. Axel, Apollo and Drizz are not the matchups you want to end the season though. One win in the next two weeks should secure me one of the spots

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      And the rally continues. Went from a “bookend” 5 weeks ago to what looks like will be 3rd place with 2 weeks to go in the regular season. Axel, Apollo and Drizz are not the matchups you want to end the season though. One win in the next two weeks should secure me one of the spots
      You thumped me in the bookend bowl.
      The set up and trajectory is like the pre Irving and Durant Brooklyn Nets
      The year they had Kenny something or other coaching them and they won something like 15 of their last 20, ,mostly on the road and almost all against playoff calibre teams to get in.

Another potential documentary...

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Still love Daryl Wells Sr. tag line....and down the stretch they come

Its packed... one game separates 3rd from 7th with only a couple of games to go.

Axel and Drizz are in and are jockeying for home field. Head to Head in week 13 will most likely determine the regular season league winner.

On a heater with 5 in a row Tucas has done a Lazurus from the beginning of the season. Two games to go to complete a cinderella story return to the playoffs. It will be earned with NASA and the defending champ The Drizzler who both need the wins as well on the sched in weeks 13 and 14. A documentary in waiting. Tucas visits Apollo this week in a must win for both teams. Win and your in most likely.

Team Fruit, the Mango Kid takes on Mack North. If the Mangos get diced by Mack its over for the kid. The Kid is getting players back from injury and bye weeks and Mack still has those 490 HP running backs.

And the denouement... MEGA BOWL VI... The Realizer vs Moi. Its win or go home for both squads. The documentary hangs in the balance.

Good luck to everyone this weeek.
        Except Jimmy B.
        - TGO

Comment

• You best believe I'll be fielding my best available roster this week! I wanna win the MEGA BOWL!
          RR OG

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
            You best believe I'll be fielding my best available roster this week! I wanna win the MEGA BOWL!
            MEGA BOWL VI
            There Can Only be One.
            - TGO

Comment

• I think it's a good time to discuss revamping IDP to make it more significant. I joined another dynasty league a few years back that does things differently than this league. Some are good and some are not so good but the one difference I really like is that they put a lot more emphasis on IDP. While I don't think we should expand the number of starters as they do there, their IDP scoring system makes their IDP positions much more exciting and relevant. It provides more ways for team building and makes IDP much more than an afterthought. Here's their scoring:
              Defensive Players Other Dynasty RR Dynasty
              Block Kick 2 2
              Defensive Touchdown 6 6
              Extra Point Returned 2 2
              Fumble Force 2 2
              Fumble Recovery 2 2
              Interception 3 3
              Pass Defended 1 1
              Sack 3 2
              Safety 2 2
              Tackle Assist 1 0.5
              Tackle Solo 2 1
              Tackles for Loss 0 1
              Turnover Return Yards 0 10 yards per point
              Those minor differences lead to significant total scoring differences:
              Other Dynasty RR Dynasty
              DB DB
              Derwin James Jr. LAC - S 181.0 Derwin James Jr. LAC - S 103.0
              Eddie Jackson Chi - S 161.0 L'Jarius Sneed KC - S,CB 98.6
              L'Jarius Sneed KC - S,CB 160.5 Eddie Jackson Chi - S 96.9
              Budda Baker Ari - S 160.0 Talanoa Hufanga SF - S 96.1
              Jonathan Owens Hou - S 157.0 C.J. Gardner-Johnson Phi - S 94.9
              Julian Love NYG - S,CB 152.0 Julian Love NYG - S,CB 92.9
              C.J. Gardner-Johnson Phi - S 144.0 Budda Baker Ari - S 90.8
              Jaquan Brisker Chi - S 143.0 Harrison Smith Min - S 85.5
              Talanoa Hufanga SF - S 142.0 Jaquan Brisker Chi - S 82.6
              Richie Grant Atl - S 141.0 Andre Cisco Jax - S 81.8
              DL DL
              Maxx Crosby LV - DE 153.5 Maxx Crosby LV - DE 104.0
              Brian Burns Car - DE 115.0 Brian Burns Car - DE 77.5
              Grover Stewart Ind - DT 108.0 Jonathan Allen Was - DT 73.1
              DeForest Buckner Ind - DT 106.5 DeMarcus Lawrence Dal - DE 71.9
              DeMarcus Lawrence Dal - DE 106.0 Daron Payne Was - DT 69.0
              Jonathan Allen Was - DT 103.5 Danielle Hunter Min - LB,DE 66.5
              Danielle Hunter Min - LB,DE 102.0 Grover Stewart Ind - DT 66.5
              Javon Hargrave Phi - DT 97.0 Nick Bosa SF - DE 66.0
              Aaron Donald LAR - DT 97.0 DeForest Buckner Ind - DT 65.0
              Daron Payne Was - DT 96.5 Aaron Donald LAR - DT 64.0
              LB LB
              Jordyn Brooks Sea - LB 212.0 Nick Bolton KC - LB 113.5
              Zaire Franklin Ind - LB 202.0 Foye Oluokun Jax - LB 113.0
              Foye Oluokun Jax - LB 202.0 Zaire Franklin Ind - LB 112.0
              Rashaan Evans Atl - LB 200.0 Jordyn Brooks Sea - LB 111.3
              Nick Bolton KC - LB 194.0 Rashaan Evans Atl - LB 111.3
              Roquan Smith Bal - LB 187.5 Roquan Smith Bal - LB 107.2
              C.J. Mosley NYJ - LB 185.0 C.J. Mosley NYJ - LB 102.0
              Drue Tranquill LAC - LB 179.0 Drue Tranquill LAC - LB 101.5
              Jordan Hicks Min - LB 178.0 Devin White TB - LB 100.5
              Bobby Okereke Ind - LB 177.0 Micah Parsons Dal - LB 100.1
              What do you guys think? Are you happy as is or would you be open to ratcheting up the importance of IDP in Season 12? I promise you it will add some freshness to an already excellent league.
              Last edited by Apollo; Wed Nov 30, 2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• tucas
                MangoKid
                Mack North
                drizz
                Demographic Shift
                James Ballswin (Realizar)
                Axel

See the post above.

Comment

• And another view to show how this might look on a full season compared to offense:
                  Other Dynasty RR Dynasty (Our league)
                  2021 Top 25 Defensive Players 2021 Top 25 Offensive Players
                  Foye Oluokun Jax - LB 317.0 Cooper Kupp LAR - WR 440.5
                  Jordyn Brooks Sea - LB 303.0 Josh Allen Buf - QB 404.6
                  C.J. Mosley NYJ - LB 283.0 Justin Herbert LAC - QB 381.8
                  Roquan Smith Bal - LB 279.0 Tom Brady TB - QB 374.7
                  Bobby Wagner LAR - LB 276.0 Jonathan Taylor Ind - RB 373.1
                  De'Vondre Campbell GB - LB 271.0 Patrick Mahomes KC - QB 362.7
                  Denzel Perryman LV - LB 265.0 Davante Adams LV - WR 345.3
                  Cole Holcomb Was - LB 253.0 Austin Ekeler LAC - RB 343.8
                  Eric Kendricks Min - LB 251.0 Deebo Samuel SF - WR 340.0
                  Kyzir White Phi - LB 250.0 Aaron Rodgers GB - QB 333.3
                  Deion Jones Cle - LB 238.0 Justin Jefferson Min - WR 330.4
                  Shaquille Leonard Ind - LB 237.0 Matthew Stafford LAR - QB 329.7
                  Bobby Okereke Ind - LB 234.0 Dak Prescott Dal - QB 321.6
                  Alex Singleton Den - LB 233.0 Joe Burrow Cin - QB 316.2
                  Fred Warner SF - LB 229.5 Jalen Hurts Phi - QB 312.2
                  Devin White TB - LB 228.5 Mark Andrews Bal - TE 307.6
                  Minkah Fitzpatrick Pit - S 225.0 Ja'Marr Chase Cin - WR 307.1
                  Harrison Smith Min - S 218.0 Najee Harris Pit - RB 303.7
                  Derwin James Jr. LAC - S 216.0 Kirk Cousins Min - QB 301.3
                  Jalen Thompson Ari - S 216.0 Kyler Murray Ari - QB 300.5
                  Jordan Hicks Min - LB 214.0 Tyreek Hill Mia - WR 298.5
                  Kenny Moore II Ind - CB 214.0 Stefon Diggs Buf - WR 288.5
                  Logan Ryan TB - S,CB 211.0 Joe Mixon Cin - RB 288.4
                  T.J. Edwards Phi - LB 209.0 Diontae Johnson Pit - WR 275.4
                  Tae Crowder NYG - LB 208.0 Ryan Tannehill Ten - QB 270.9
                  So you can if we were using these settings last year that the defense would have played a much bigger part of winning. Whether or not we wanna shake it up is up to you but I'm down so there's my vote.

Comment

• I vote "YAY"... I'm all for it.

Comment

• Yeah add more points to IDPs.

Keep points for TFL and return yards.

More points!!
                      RR OG

Comment

• I'm all for the idea of revamping the scoring, would like to see a bit more examples of what the impact would be. Like, what would a Top 15 LB score in comparison to a WR? Since only you have access to what the other league scoring totals out at, it'd be nice to have a clearer idea of how individual players rank overall so if I'm debating between drafting a LB or a WR, I know the real impact.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Sure...
                          Change is good and.if it doesn't work out you can always repent or blame it on Doug Ford.

I think what this change does is double your weekly LB/DL points....it makes them more relevant in the total points produced for sure.

AS IS
                          So if Micha Parson makes 10 tackles... 2 assisted tackles.... and a sack... he gets 14 points for his weeks work... a great week ..
                          And if CeeDee Lamb has a line of 6/88/1 he gets a pretty respectable 20 point week.

TO BE
                          Same week..
                          CeeDee still gets his 20 points...on the 6/88/1 line
                          Howevah..
                          Micka Parsons goes from a great LB week at 14 points to a WR1 type week with 25 points with the same stat line of 10 solo tackles 2 assisted tackles and a sack.

You would have to consider protecting more IDP in the keeper 25 list.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            I'm all for the idea of revamping the scoring, would like to see a bit more examples of what the impact would be. Like, what would a Top 15 LB score in comparison to a WR? Since only you have access to what the other league scoring totals out at, it'd be nice to have a clearer idea of how individual players rank overall so if I'm debating between drafting a LB or a WR, I know the real impact.
                            Just checked it out and it's set to public so you guys can view it:
                            https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...21&jsenabled=1

Can you see this? It should take you to 2021 defensive totals.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Sure...
                              Change is good and.if it doesn't work out you can always repent or blame it on Doug Ford.

I think what this change does is double your weekly LB/DL points....it makes them more relevant in the total points produced for sure.

AS IS
                              So if Micha Parson makes 10 tackles... 2 assisted tackles.... and a sack... he gets 14 points for his weeks work... a great week ..
                              And if CeeDee Lamb has a line of 6/88/1 he gets a pretty respectable 20 point week.

TO BE
                              Same week..
                              CeeDee still gets his 20 points...on the 6/88/1 line
                              Howevah..
                              Micka Parsons goes from a great LB week at 14 points to a WR1 type week with 25 points with the same stat line of 10 solo tackles 2 assisted tackles and a sack.

You would have to consider protecting more IDP in the keeper 25 list.
                              In this other league the top IDP is almost averaging 20 PPG and 25th best is averaging almost 14PPG. There's around 75 IDP in the top 200 scorers and so that's pretty balanced.
                              https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...22&jsenabled=1

My team is Deflategaters by the way. I took over an existing team the beginning of last season and totally overhauled it. I think I'm gonna be top dog next season with all the young studs I acquired and I might win it this year yet.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

In this other league the top IDP is almost averaging 20 PPG and 25th best is averaging almost 14PPG. There's around 75 IDP in the top 200 scorers and so that's pretty balanced.
                                https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...22&jsenabled=1

My team is Deflategaters by the way. I took over an existing team the beginning of last season and totally overhauled it. I think I'm gonna be top dog next season with all the young studs I acquired and I might win it this year yet.
                                OK... a 14PT LB week is a fantastic week .. but I can see plenty of 7 to 10 weeks being translated to your season average..
                                Good change.. it makes you think about protecting or even drafting certain types of players.
                                I am raising my hand to yes for this next year. .
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X