NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (S11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

OK... a 14PT LB week is a fantastic week .. but I can see plenty of 7 to 10 weeks being translated to your season average..
    Good change.. it makes you think about protecting or even drafting certain types of players.
    I am raising my hand to yes for this next year. .
    Awesome, so Mack, Ballswin, you and me are all in. Axel is curious and maybe he'll be down after he sees the added info. There are tucas,MangoKid and drizz who have yet to chime in. I say let's do it if no one opposes and we can always switch back the following season if it doesn't jive with us. I think it will be enjoyed by all though.

Comment

• I've always put emphasis on drafting IDPs every year. I welcome the move with open arms!

Comment

• So some comparisons of how big an impact this proposal would have.

S Minkah Fitzpatrick - consistently a stud in fantasy, in our league scoring, last year he put up 123.7 points on the season in 16 games. In the other league scoring, he put up 225 points, only 10 less than Alvin Kamara did (he played 13 games).

DL Charles Harris - I have no idea who he is, but he put up 7.5 sacks last year, good for T-23rd for DL, played all 17 games and had 34 solo tackles and 31 assists. His total last year was 125.5 points, making him DL14. That would put him at around RB 40 last year, WR58, TE19 or QB30 in our current scoring structure.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• If we are proceeding with something like this, I'd also like to see the weekly moves limit go back up to 8. Bye weeks and injuries are hard enough to manage when you can roll the dice on missing 1 defender, but the impacts of defenders being heightened amplifies that and increases the chances that someone ends up with an empty slot on gameday. If we were a re-draft league, we could draft around bye weeks, but with a dynasty format, there was no way for me to plan around Diggs, Kupp and AJ Brown all having the same bye week this year.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            If we are proceeding with something like this, I'd also like to see the weekly moves limit go back up to 8. Bye weeks and injuries are hard enough to manage when you can roll the dice on missing 1 defender, but the impacts of defenders being heightened amplifies that and increases the chances that someone ends up with an empty slot on gameday. If we were a re-draft league, we could draft around bye weeks, but with a dynasty format, there was no way for me to plan around Diggs, Kupp and AJ Brown all having the same bye week this year.
            I was thinking about that too. I agree, we would want to up the roster moves and be more lenient on teams who are struggling to diploy a full roster in all weeks. Right now, if you dump a bench IDP to fill in a blank elsewhere no big deal but IDP will be in more demand if we change. We have a good league and no one has tanked in the 12 season besides the early years where we had to kick some people.
            Another consequence of a change like this might mean that there's more offensive depth on the WW because there might be less offense stockpiling.

Comment

• The only issue I can see with this, and this is coming from someone who probably has a top 2 defence, is that teams have been built with the current scoring structure in mind. Making a scoring change which increases the value of IDP’s by between 30-50% will drastically improve teams like mine or Axel’s with little to no roster moves, while nerfing other teams that have spent their last 10 seasons rating the value of the IDP’s at current value.

Ultimately I’m one of about 2-3 teams that stands to drastically improve from this change, so if the majority are for it, count me in, however I do ask that teams at least put a bit more thought into how this will impact certain teams and not just a blanket “more points are better for everyone”

Comment

• It's a fair point but IDP can change quickly. Demo is the leader right now but no one has held down that side of the ball for more than a couple consecutive years.

Let's use your team as an example. This season all your DBs were acquired off the WW. Two out of your starting three DL were signed off the WW. You have two really good LBs but LBs see a lot of collisions and you're a couple of awkward collisions away from having significant problems there. Mack had the top defense from 2020-2021 and I had it 2018-2019. Both of us are no where near the top in IDP right now and I'm probably missing the playoffs because of IDP. I've lost four elite LBs in the last four seasons, that's the LB postion.

You're right, if we do this then people will have to focus more on IDP to win the league or even be competitive. That also means more opportunities to add guys on offense though...
                Last edited by Apollo; Mon Dec 5, 2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  It's a fair point but IDP can change quickly. Demo is the leader right now but no one has held down that side of the ball for more than a couple consecutive years.

Let's use your team as an example. This season all your DBs were acquired off the WW. Two out of your starting three DL were signed off the WW. You have two really good LBs but LBs see a lot of collisions and you're a couple of awkward collisions away from having significant problems there. Mack had the top defense from 2020-2021 and I had it 2018-2019. Both of us are no where near the top in IDP right now and I'm probably missing the playoffs because of IDP. I've lost four elite LBs in the last four seasons, that's the LB postion.

You're right, if we do this then people will have to focus more on IDP to win the league or even be competitive. That also means more opportunities to add guys on offense though...
                  This is true....

In the past I would have kept every WR or RB that could fog a mirror or had a chance to be better the following year. This year instead of cutting all of my DLs and DBs and keeping a backup, could be, maybe, might be RB you will have to really consider keeping more IDPs on the keeper list.
                  With more points available from IDPs it will somewhat lessen the injury impacts to key offensive players. You still have to find them and draft them or pick em up off the waiver wire but if Josh Allen or Lamar or Jalen Hurts goes on extended IR you have a chance to be able backfill some of those points from a guy like Micha Parsons or Derwin James instead of praying a WW pickup like Baker Mayfield will ....

This could or should lead to more trades !!
                  As you can tell I love trades.
                  If your taking suggestions from the floor..... any thought to opening up the trade window in early August so we can swap players for draft picks or vice versa before the night of the draft ? You will have established the order after the NBA lottery and can shut down the trade window a day before the actual draft.

Again.. .if the move gets made to tinker with IDP scoring and its fails dramtically we can blame it on Doug Ford or climate change and pivot back.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 5, 2022, 01:04 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• The way keeper and picks are related you wouldn't be able to accumulate more picks but I don't see any problem with swapping picks and keepers prior to the roster submission deadline; that was only a few weeks before the draft this season.

And yeah, we can easily switch back. The only thing it will cost us is a few records in the record book that will never be beaten again. Pretty minor and not much different than right now as no one is beating my scoring records unless we change the scoring.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      The way keeper and picks are related you wouldn't be able to accumulate more picks but I don't see any problem with swapping picks and keepers prior to the roster submission deadline; that was only a few weeks before the draft this season.

And yeah, we can easily switch back. The only thing it will cost us is a few records in the record book that will never be beaten again. Pretty minor and not much different than right now as no one is beating my scoring records unless we change the scoring.
                      Like the only US based team to win the Grey Cup.
                      - TGO

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                        You best believe I'll be fielding my best available roster this week! I wanna win the MEGA BOWL!
                        It was close and my man Chris Godwin won me the Mega Bowl putting Team Demo in a 4 way tie for fourth.
                        The documentary lives on.
                        - TGO

Comment

• This is a big week and the final week of the regular season. We have four teams at 6-7, logjammed for the final playoff spot. Tucas is third at 7-6 but will likely win any tiebreaker due to his total score. So let's assume he's already in. The big matchups this week are:

Apollo (6-7) v. Ballswin (4-7)
                          Mack (6-7) v. Axel (8-5)
                          Demo (6-7) v. Mango (6-7)

Right now...
                          1. Demo wins the tiebreak over Apollo, Mack & Mango but if Apollo can outscore Demo by 53 points he will take over the tiebreak.
                          2. Apollo wins the tiebreak over Mack & Mango and the lead is too much for the guys to come back.
                          3. Mack wins the tiebreak over Mango but if Mango can outscore Mack by 54 points he will take over the tiebreak.
                          So there's a legitimate path for all the 6-7 teams to get in. Just your typical final week of the regular season in this dynasty league.

Mack North
                          Demographic Shift
                          MangoKid

Comment

• My team has been full of stink all year! A season marred by injuries and selecting the wrongs starters at a given position almost weekly. Bah well, let's hope for the best and at least keep Axel from the top seed. I beat him down in NBA Dynasty last week, looking forward to doing the same in NFL Dynasty this week.

Good luck to nobody but me!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              My team has been full of stink all year! A season marred by injuries and selecting the wrongs starters at a given position almost weekly. Bah well, let's hope for the best and at least keep Axel from the top seed. I beat him down in NBA Dynasty last week, looking forward to doing the same in NFL Dynasty this week.

Yeah, I'm in a similar camp. Still paying for dealing all my high picks in going all in a few seasons back.I had too many old guys and that made it worse! It wouldn't feel like a mistake had I won though.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                My team has been full of stink all year! A season marred by injuries and selecting the wrongs starters at a given position almost weekly. Bah well, let's hope for the best and at least keep Axel from the top seed. I beat him down in NBA Dynasty last week, looking forward to doing the same in NFL Dynasty this week.

Top seed doesn't really matter to me. Guys have played like crap for the last few weeks and losing Kupp was a big hit. Not sure it makes a difference what seed I'm in the way the team is playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X