Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Clarkson (ranked 82nd) and Bruce Brown (ranked 64th) are both on the block. Both have one year contracts and can be re-signed.

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post

That's all you got!?!?!

The H's got a steal of a deal!
      I messaged almost every playoff team, including you, and no one wanted to even talk players besides Dan. You were too scared to even negotiate, Noballswin. I wish Dan the very best with Jimmy but Jimmy is 34 and my team is barely hanging onto a playoff spot at the moment.

The critics are never the ones making the moves.

Comment

• I’d be open to dealing some of my vets like Lebron, Beal, Rozier or Dinwiddie for younger players or picks

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I messaged almost every playoff team, including you, and no one wanted to even talk players besides Dan. You were too scared to even negotiate, Noballswin. I wish Dan the very best with Jimmy but Jimmy is 34 and my team is barely hanging onto a playoff spot at the moment.

The critics are never the ones making the moves.
          Got your message but unable to reply.
          1. I think I am good with my roster for now
          2. I am still confused as hell as to how trading works in this league lol

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Got your message but unable to reply.
            1. I think I am good with my roster for now
            2. I am still confused as hell as to how trading works in this league lol
            You have to make it work under the cap. Either the cap numbers going in and out must be the same total on both sides or the trade cannot increase a team's cap number unless their cap number is 39 or less. It's just a simple negotiation while adhering to that. For me, I've closed deals without private messages but most times there's a conversation about what might work via PM.

One thing you should always do especially if you want to make trades is submit your most current roster and cap situation in the cap sheet thread so everyone understands where you're at.
            Last edited by Apollo; Sat Jan 21, 2023, 04:00 PM.

Comment

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT
              Jimmy Butler(1) and Steven Adams(2) are heading to the H's. Going to the Creeds is young stud Devin Vassell (3 DPE) plus two first round picks in 2024 and 2025.
              To be respectful and fair, I question whether this trade is allowable under our CBA.

Since Apollo was over the cap, does he having to acquire an extra player to even the number of players (thus adding an extra 1 year to the trade) make this trade unallowable given that the total years don't add up?

Butler (1), Adams (2) = 3 years
              for
              Vasell (3 DPE)... and Sims (1*) = 4 years

RR OG

Comment

• Isn't Sims a waiver wire pickup?

If so I think we are just looking at a 1 year non re-signable contact

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                  Isn't Sims a waiver wire pickup?

If so I think we are just looking at a 1 year non re-signable contact
                  Yes... But in the context of this trade, I'm wondering whether the additional year that's being added to the framework of the trade work within our trade rules when a manager is over the cap.
                  RR OG

Comment

To be respectful and fair, I question whether this trade is allowable under our CBA.

Since Apollo was over the cap, does he having to acquire an extra player to even the number of players (thus adding an extra 1 year to the trade) make this trade unallowable given that the total years don't add up?

for
                    Really great points here.. and the Adams acquisition by DanH cost me that week win (Adams got 16 boards on Sunday and I lost the board battle by 6). I'll take the loss because you can't re-write history.. but is a trade like this even allowed?

Comment

for
                      There's no rule that the players coming in have to match the players going out when over the cap. You can't take on more cap once at the soft cap, that's the rule. I added Sims to fill a hole post trade. He's not part of the deal and I'm allowed to sign one year limited deals to my hearts content.

Edit: "All trades are fair game if it works within the Salary Cap. Any team that is over the cap, must take back equal or fewer years in any trade." - RRBA Rules
                      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jan 23, 2023, 08:43 PM.

Comment

There's no rule that the players coming in have to match the players going out when over the cap. You can't take on more cap once at the soft cap, that's the rule. I added Sims to fill a hole post trade. He's not part of the deal and I'm allowed to sign one year limited deals to my hearts content.
                        I believe we have seen trades like this in the past. At any rate, I believe it follows the rules of cap system. Sims was not a part of the trade, but was a pickup (post trade) to fill a roster spot.
                        Last edited by skywalker; Mon Jan 23, 2023, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Hmm ya this is a bit of a grey area.

In the offseason, you must be able to sign your full 15 player roster within the 40 year cap; ie can't be at 40 and still have roster spots.

But ya, during the actual season, I don't think there's anything that disallows it.

Comment

• I think the rookie draft classes are getting deeper. every year there's more and more lottery guys that make it. just looking at last years like all 15 guys drafted are putting up very useful numbers except for maybe 1. is this the new norm? that's a lot of contributors and not just from the top of the draft.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                              I think the rookie draft classes are getting deeper. every year there's more and more lottery guys that make it. just looking at last years like all 15 guys drafted are putting up very useful numbers except for maybe 1. is this the new norm? that's a lot of contributors and not just from the top of the draft.
                              It's hit and miss. If you look at the 2021 draft, Suggs, Davion Mitchell, Kuminga, Primo, Ziare Williams and James Bouknight all went in the op 12 and are not doing much.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post

I believe we have seen trades like this in the past. At any rate, I believe it follows the rules of cap system. Sims was not a part of the trade, but was a pickup (post trade) to fill a roster spot.
                                I believe it was discussed, a player had to be picked up at the first available waiver

Comment

Working...
                                X