This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Dynasty League Thread (S11!)

Managers of Dynasty, Welcome to Season 11!!

HALL OF CHAMPIONS
    2012/13 - Drizz
    2013/14 - Keeping it Real!
    2014/15 - Skywalker
    2015/16 - mcHAPPY
    2016/17 - 007
    2017/18 - koncept
    2018/19 - Mack North
    2019/20 - Axel
    2020/21 - Mack North
    2021/22 - DanH

Commissioner: Joey
    Assistant Commissioner: Axel

League Page - Hosted by Yahoo! Fantasy Sports

Click for Dynasty Cap Sheet
    https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...2-23-cap-sheet

CBA (Collective Baller Agreement)

General
    • Standard Yahoo league scoring
    • 15 man roster (PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN)
    • Salary cap will be based on years; the cap will be 40 years. It is a soft-cap. See below for exceptions.

Free Agency/ Player Movement
    • Each team is assigned a budget of $200 for use at both the Free Agent Auction Draft and Open Free Agency
    • The Free Agent Auction Draft is completed once annually (date to be determined) to assign remaining Free Agents to teams and complete Off Season Rosters. Once the Free Agent Auction is complete, you will have until the beginning of the season to assign years to your newly acquired players (up to 40 year cap).
    • Once the Auction is complete, Open Free Agency begins, which is a Continually Running Waiver System in Yahoo; this means Waivers on Free Agents will be processed 3 times weekly. If a team is the "High Bidder" on a Free Agent for the Waiver Period, they will be awarded said Player. If a player is not claimed during his initial Waiver Period, he is placed back into Waivers.
    • When a player is signed in Open Free Agency, the team must post in the league thread within 7 days if it is a multi-year contract; otherwise it is assumed to be a 1-year contract.
    • Players can be signed if team is over the cap, but are only eligible for 1-year, Non-extendable Contracts.
    • Players can be signed during the Playoffs, but are only eligible for 1-year, Non-extendable Contracts.
    • Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications. Player can be cut mid-season, and if announced as Amnesty candidate, years will come off that off-season; Not before.
    • At the end of the year each team is permitted to re-sign two expiring players on your roster, plus one player on an expiring DPE contract. This decision is to be made by the September 1st Extension Deadline.
    • Released players' contracts will continue count against a team's cap unless picked up on First Waiver Period.
    • All trades are fair game if it works within the Salary Cap. Any team that is over the cap, must take back equal or fewer years in any trade.

Rookie Draft
    • Once annually during the Off-Season (around August 1st), the Live Rookie Draft will take place.
    • Selection order for the Rookie Draft to be determined by NBA Lottery (for lottery teams) and Final Season Standing as per Yahoo (for non-lottery teams).
    • Draft picks can be traded up to 3 years in advance.
    • There is only 1 Round of 16 picks to the Rookie Draft.
    • Once commenced, each pick has a 3 hour Official Pick Window. Picks can be made early, but if the window is missed for whatever reason, the owners pick will be pushed to the end of the draft line.
    • All non-drafted Rookies will be placed in the Free Agency Pool, and available for the Free Agent Auction Draft.
    • Drafted Player Exception (DPE): Players Drafted in the Live Rookie Draft will be given a one time use Extension Exception, upon the expiry of their Rookie Contract.

Commissioner, and Co-Commissioners, will have final word on any issue brought to the League, and based on evidence provided, will determine whether something is deemed crucial enough to the importance and well being of our league to be voted on as collective of Managers.

Good luck this year Everyone!

Per the above, all contract lengths for both Rookies and returning FAs due by September 1st.

Free Agent Auction Draft set for October 16th @ 4pm.

Comment

Final Breakdown of Draft
      Pick
      Number
      Team Name Draft Date/Time Selection
      1 WJF Up to August 1st 9:00am Chet Holmgren
      2 planetmars August 1st 9:00am-12:00pm Paolo Banchero
      3 drizz August 1st 12:00pm-3:00pm Jabari Smith
      4 Berta Bisons August 1st 3:00pm-6:00pm Jaden Ivey
      5 Joeys Fantasy Basketball Team** August 1st 6:00pm-9:00pm Keegan Murray
      6 jbml August 1st 9:00pm-12:00am Benedict Mathurin
      7 Axel August 2nd 12:00am-9:00am Shaedon Sharpe
      8 Mack North Posse August 2nd 9:00am-12:00pm Mark Williams
      9 007's Secret Service August 2nd 12:00pm-3:00pm TBD
      10 REALIZAR August 2nd 6:00pm-9:00pm Jeremy Sochan
      11 WJF (From Apollo Creeds) August 2nd 9:00pm-12:00am Jalen Duren
      12 Joeys Fantasy Basketball Team ** (From Tucas) August 3rd 12:00am-9:00am Dyson Daniels
      13 Berta Bisons (from Koncept) August 3rd 12:00pm-3:00pm Walker Kesler
      14 jbml (From The Coach) August 3rd 3:00pm-6:00pm Christian Koloko
      15 DanH (From Skywalker) August 3rd 6:00pm-9:00pm Malaki Branham
      16 Joeys Fantasy Basketball Team** (From DanH) August 3rd 9:00pm-12:00am Tari Eason
      Last edited by Joey; Mon Aug 15, 2022, 07:03 PM.

Comment

So... we going with Axel's suggestion that 007 and I are both on the clock already? I can eliminate one of those TBDs if so.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

A nice fresh thread.. nice!

I do think we should have an official "draft end" time though. To Mack's point where a player could basically wait on their pick until the start of the season is a bit of an advantage since they could watch all of preseason before they make their selection. I'd personally make September 1 at midnight the official draft end time. And any pick becomes forfeited (or goes to me) if not made before then. That's a lot of time to make a selection in case you were busy with life or just forgot.

I'm also okay with a larger draft window. I'd go 12 hours. So with 16 picks, that would be hypothetically an 8 day draft. It's a long off season anyway. Gives more players more time to make trades, etc. People who are online can make their picks early if they want. But I'm okay with what the majority wants.

Comment

Ya, they would of course need to be in by September 1st. There's no question on that. I'm fine with DanH making his pick.

I've updated the CBA, but every circumstance is going to be a little different.

As for the draft window, I like the windows where they are personally. They've been 3 hours I believe since we've been doing Live Draft, or at least for the last several years, and I think it works. The only windows that aren't 3 hours are those that fall after midnight until 9am. The longer we make them, then theoretically the earlier picks are also at a slight disadvantage in terms of exploring trades, and scouting if other managers have 8 days, and they have less than one.

Comment

I'll draft Malaki Branham, of the San Antonio Spurs.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Thanks. I'll update the draft pick history once I'm back on Monday.

Nice to have the draft and FA auction off!
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Bagley III is available in a sign and trade for Hampton's contract

JBML
                  Total Cap Allocation: 37

Benedict Mathurin 5 DPE
                  Scottie Barnes 4 DPE
                  Patrick Williams 4
                  Christian Koloko 3 DPE
                  Josh Giddy 3 DPE
                  Issac Okoro 3
                  Mikal Bridges 3
                  Jonathan Kuminga 2 DPE
                  Chuma Okeke 2
                  Ivica Zubac 2
                  Darius Garland 1 DPE
                  Anthony Edwards 1 DPE
                  Donte DiVincenzo 1
                  Gary Trent 1

Waived Counting Against Cap
                  RJ Hampton 2

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                    Bagley III is available in a sign and trade for Hampton's contract

JBML
                    Total Cap Allocation: 37

Benedict Mathurin 5 DPE
                    Scottie Barnes 4 DPE
                    Patrick Williams 4
                    Christian Koloko 3 DPE
                    Josh Giddy 3 DPE
                    Issac Okoro 3
                    Mikal Bridges 3
                    Jonathan Kuminga 2 DPE
                    Chuma Okeke 2
                    Ivica Zubac 2
                    Darius Garland 1 DPE
                    Anthony Edwards 1 DPE
                    Donte DiVincenzo 1
                    Gary Trent 1

Waived Counting Against Cap
                    RJ Hampton 2

Did you already waive Hampton? If so I don't think you can trade away that cap hit.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He will be waived at the deadline to have rosters submitted

Comment

Are the 2025 picks unlocked already? I didn't think that was the conclusion we reached in the discussion prior to the draft but maybe it was? The cap sheet is showing 2025 picks in the roster status.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The fantasy Gods hate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chet Holmgren to miss entire season!!!!!

Oklahoma City Thunder rookie Chet Holmgren will miss the 2022-23 season because of a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, the team announced Thursday.

I suffered through last season with Kawhi being out, TJ Warren, Oladipo, among others, now this to start off my 2022/23 season.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Yeah, that sucks. Hopefully he recovers going forward, that's a tough injury.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That really does suck.. and I was trying to move up from 2 to 1 so I could draft him. Good thing it got rejected

Comment

Working...
                              X