X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    The fantasy Gods hate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chet Holmgren to miss entire season!!!!!

Oklahoma City Thunder rookie Chet Holmgren will miss the 2022-23 season because of a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, the team announced Thursday.

I suffered through last season with Kawhi being out, TJ Warren, Oladipo, among others, now this to start off my 2022/23 season.
    That sucks. The same thing happened to Ben Simmons and he had to wait a whole year to start his rookie season. He came back 100% though and I'm sure Chet will also. That doesn't help you right now though.

Comment

Ya tough break WJF. Chet is going to fall into the Zion category were you can see you might have something generational but that injury risk will probably never go away imo..

Zion has had 1 good season since being drafted and is going into year 4. Both guys were higher risk number 1 prospects despite having huge upside, kinda unquie for top end draft talent. Bigger role of the dice for both real GMs and fake ones like us.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

tough break, trust the process though, this means you can draft your own Markelle Fultz to go with your Joel Embid! I mean.. your own ben Simmons I mean..
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
          tough break, trust the process though, this means you can draft your own Markelle Fultz to go with your Joel Embid! I mean.. your own ben Simmons I mean..
          Just don't trade up and you can get a Jayson Tatum.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Just don't trade up and you can get a Jayson Tatum.
            Just trade in the year before and then you can get a Luka Doncic.

Comment

Just back from a week at the Cottage. Lots going on! Really bites about Chet. Hopefully he comes back to stronger than ever.

Don't forget, anyone who hasn't gotten their years in yet, do so before September 1st!

I'll be going through and updating the Cap Sheet once we get past September 1st.

Comment

I don't know where 007 is but I hope that he is well.

He's about to miss a second deadline and a much more important one for the whole league. My question is, what's the plan if he misses the deadline tomorrow? What's the plan if he doesn't check in before the auction or the start of the season?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I don't know where 007 is but I hope that he is well.

He's about to miss a second deadline and a much more important one for the whole league. My question is, what's the plan if he misses the deadline tomorrow? What's the plan if he doesn't check in before the auction or the start of the season?
                  I know in the past someone missed the re-sign date and their players went into the free agent draft. I think Klay Thompson was the big name guy.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

I know in the past someone missed the re-sign date and their players went into the free agent draft. I think Klay Thompson was the big name guy.
                    Based on the forum info, it looks like 007 last visited the site on August 17th but he never checked in even despite all the notifications he must have waiting for him. We don't even know if he's playing anymore. If he's not playing then losing a top 5 player that he would surly re-sign no matter what is quite the blow to that team for the incoming owner. If he is still playing then he might have a good reason for not being here, like he's been sick with COVID or something and if that's the case then I really think that's his own business and he shouldn't have to share that with us.

It might be a nice idea to consider some sort of exception for players ranked in the top 30 or whatever rank we feel is a fantasy franchise player rank. Players within that franchise rank could be auto-extended one year (if the deadline is missed). At least then in these rare circumstances, one team isn't crippled because life happened or they decided to quit the league but forgot to let us all know. That way the draft can be set without any delay and whoever is running that team doesn't lose an MVP fantasy player.

Comment

I hate the idea of Steph landing on some stacked roster so I'm in favour of allowing 007 to keep Steph for at least 1 year. I'm neutral on Westbrook.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I hate the idea of Steph landing on some stacked roster so I'm in favour of allowing 007 to keep Steph for at least 1 year. I'm neutral on Westbrook.
                        Steph ranks in the top five in Yahoo rankings and this is what I was referring to when mentioning the top 30.

https://basketball.fantasysports.yah...ers_sort_click

It would almost be like a "can't cut list".

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Steph ranks in the top five in Yahoo rankings and this is what I was referring to when mentioning the top 30.

https://basketball.fantasysports.yah...ers_sort_click

It would almost be like a "can't cut list".
                          Yeah, having a player of that caliber move elsewhere based on who can click 200 the fastest is a good way to imbalance the league really quickly (heck I've got one spot and the full 200 available for a single bid and just won the chip, wouldn't mind adding Steph!). Definitely a scenario I'd vote to avoid for the health of the league.

I do think missing the deadline has to have some consequences for the league to operate, maybe auto-set the years to 1 for the consensus guys to keep? No DPE, so it would just be Curry, and then maybe one of Westbrook/Horford? Yahoo ranked Westbrook slightly higher so that would be the default.

This top 30 idea, can't cut list concept has some merit as well, so it would just be Curry, and the other two hit the market. Not sure how to set that rule, top 30 projected? Top 30 last season (average or total)? Is 30 even the right number? Might also be a you-know-it-when-you-see-it sort of thing, commissioner call?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah, having a player of that caliber move elsewhere based on who can click 200 the fastest is a good way to imbalance the league really quickly (heck I've got one spot and the full 200 available for a single bid and just won the chip, wouldn't mind adding Steph!). Definitely a scenario I'd vote to avoid for the health of the league.

I do think missing the deadline has to have some consequences for the league to operate, maybe auto-set the years to 1 for the consensus guys to keep? No DPE, so it would just be Curry, and then maybe one of Westbrook/Horford? Yahoo ranked Westbrook slightly higher so that would be the default.

This top 30 idea, can't cut list concept has some merit as well, so it would just be Curry, and the other two hit the market. Not sure how to set that rule, top 30 projected? Top 30 last season (average or total)? Is 30 even the right number? Might also be a you-know-it-when-you-see-it sort of thing, commissioner call?
                            The top 30 doesn't really mean anything. I'm just throwing out a few ideas here because it looks like the league may have a problem tomorrow; I was looking at Yahoo pre-season rank though. Maybe it would be top 50 or maybe it would be something else altogether like Yahoo % rostered. Or, maybe a nomination thing where the league votes or maybe its a nomination that goes to commish's discretion. Whatever it is, we should consider keeping Steph on that team.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Aug 31, 2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Ya, a long long time ago Klay did make it to the Auction, but I think since then we've made a couple of exceptions for people for exactly the reasons mentioned above, or I've tried to help them out around the Keeper Deadline to make sure nothing like that happens. Life happens.

But yes, I'm a bit concerned with 007s intended interest in participating going forward.

Comment

Yahoo does have its own "can't cut list". I wonder what their limits are for that? I think it's Top-50 even?

Comment

Working...
                                X