Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the idea of a defaulted 1 year contract for players Above X Rank.

I also really love this league. 10 years we spent together making this thing work. Just saying. Alot of my real world friends don't even go that far back! I think an annual Teams call (or real life pub visit) even should happen. Lol Cheers fellas!

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Are the 2025 picks unlocked already? I didn't think that was the conclusion we reached in the discussion prior to the draft but maybe it was? The cap sheet is showing 2025 picks in the roster status.
      Sorry Dan, missed this. I don't know if we really settled on anything, I just went with that approach because it's a little easier for book keeping, and really, I don't see it as being a huge issue. That said, if I overstepped, I'm happy to discuss further!

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Sorry Dan, missed this. I don't know if we really settled on anything, I just went with that approach because it's a little easier for book keeping, and really, I don't see it as being a huge issue. That said, if I overstepped, I'm happy to discuss further!
        Meh, I'm fine with it. Just wasn't sure what we had landed on. But considering when we tend to update cap sheets, I can see how this is easier for bookkeeping than having picks unlock at different times. All good.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yahoo does have its own "can't cut list". I wonder what their limits are for that? I think it's Top-50 even?
          I think you might have the power to decide how many are included. 50 seems reasonable. I mean Yahoo has Scottie pre-season ranked 47th. If I had him on my roster and then lost him because I missed the deadline I might just quit.

The 40's is actually totally stacked: Scottie, Zion, Mobley, Jaylen Brown, Ayton, Turner, Fox...

Comment

I also really love this league. 10 years we spent together making this thing work. Just saying. Alot of my real world friends don't even go that far back! I think an annual Teams call (or real life pub visit) even should happen. Lol Cheers fellas!
            Should do something to commemorate a successful first DECADE for the league

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

I know in the past someone missed the re-sign date and their players went into the free agent draft. I think Klay Thompson was the big name guy.
              Too soon
              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
              ― John Wooden

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post

Should do something to commemorate a successful first DECADE for the league
                agreed. decade of dynasty league sheesh.
                looking back to season 2012, we still have 10 of the original 16 managers. a little surprised by that number actually.

I wonder if any team has held a player all 10 seasons.

edit: I took a quick look and I think the only person to hold a player all 10 seasons ( I think? ) is WJF with Kawhi Leonard.
                Last edited by koncept; Thu Sep 1, 2022, 03:25 AM.
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post

looking back to season 2012, we still have 10 of the original 16 managers. a little surprised by that number actually.

edit: I took a quick look and I think the only person to hold a player all 10 seasons ( I think? ) is WJF with Kawhi Leonard.
                  I think he's only played 5 of those 10 years, does that count?
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post

I still have 3 actually - John Wall, Andre Drummond and Eric Bledsoe. Hoping for Wall to have a resurgence this year and Drummond will remain serviceable with the Bulls, but it seems Bledsoe is on his way out of the league sooner than later.

Comment

The big deadline day. I'm still open to a trade if anyone is looking to shake things up a little before midnight. My picks are off limits.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post

I still have 3 actually - John Wall, Andre Drummond and Eric Bledsoe. Hoping for Wall to have a resurgence this year and Drummond will remain serviceable with the Bulls, but it seems Bledsoe is on his way out of the league sooner than later.
                        You might have to retire Drummond's jersey. A whole decade is impressive. I know I've tried at least two or three times to trade for him since I came back.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

You might have to retire Drummond's jersey. A whole decade is impressive. I know I've tried at least two or three times to trade for him since I came back.
                          I actually turned down an LBJ for Drummond trade... might have been from Miek at the time? AD was averaging nearly 16 boards at the time, didn't want to give up all those 20/20 games and deplete my frontcourt with Embiid's health being in question back then.

Comment

Dang 3 players! Okay you win. And 10 years of John Wall, that's committment
                            in masai we trust

Comment

Banton been looking like a real player this summer, between Team Canada and Summer League.

I think we'll see a nice uptick in his fantasy delivery this season. If they give him PG eligibility, then he'll be a keeper for sure I think.

Comment

This would be a fun idea
                                in masai we trust

Comment

Working...
                                X