Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we don't do anything before the auction then his team will fare better than it has in the last couple of deadlines because Yahoo will auto bid up to their pre-set player price on each player nomination until he has a full roster.

He might end up with a decent bench but then what about the contracts? He missed the draft and he's losing all his FA's except Steph. If his auction players are all 1's then his team will be in a real hole next summer. He will have six empty roster spots, assuming he re-signs two and drafts one player. He's pretty much in the middle of a rebuild then.

An interim could mitigate that a little but then again, an interim won't understand the league like him and he might return to a team he doesn't like. Tough call.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

True, I believe you had reached out previously as well. We're more just looking to have someone on deck, just in case, but I think with you being an active member of the board, I see no reason why not. Let us see what happens with 007 and we'll let you know!
      Thanks man!

Comment

Man oh man, Tari Eason looking like he was worth every damn penny of the Bobby Portis rental deal. Dude has been unreal through 2 games.

Comment

Will hop in today and see who was kind enough to actually do their Keepers. Thanks to those that did!

Comment

Feeling like i have a double draft class this year. My euro draft and stash poku and Hayes are starting to look closer to college juniors and real NBA players at 21 now
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

We're getting pretty close to the Auction Draft. Not too many folks have weighed in on the 007 situation... we should try to nail something down prior to the weekend if possible.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                We're getting pretty close to the Auction Draft. Not too many folks have weighed in on the 007 situation... we should try to nail something down prior to the weekend if possible.
                Really tough. We're now days from the season starting and not a peep.

I don't know the best path forward. Commissioner call? Common sense vote on keepers/re-signs, auto-draft, and then one year deals and freeze all other transactions? No idea what is most manageable for the commish, either.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

A couple of years ago I only signed on during the draft. Upon signing on , I was fully expecting to be making a request to be put on a waiting list. Some glad that was not the case. However, I would have easily accepted it.

Comment

007 has forfeited his team. Let's pray he's okay and move on.
                    RR OG

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                      007 has forfeited his team. Let's pray he's okay and move on.
                      Yeah I actually agree here. I hope 007 is well. But he has missed a variety of milestones, and will likely miss another one this weekend. I'd say it's best to try and find a new owner if he doesn't show up this Sunday.

Having the commish come in every week to manage someone else's line up would seem like a drag.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah I actually agree here. I hope 007 is well. But he has missed a variety of milestones, and will likely miss another one this weekend. I'd say it's best to try and find a new owner if he doesn't show up this Sunday.

Having the commish come in every week to manage someone else's line up would seem like a drag.

This is why I recommended an interim manager with the promise of it becoming permanent if 007 doesn't return by X date. The way I see it, life happens and sometimes it's unkind or in opposition to fun games and communities we're apart of. 007 has been a great competitor in this league from day one. He's not one of the former members who didn't appreciate the league but quite the opposite. He put in effort to make his team the best and that made the league better. We should be understanding but also looking forward. If we end up going with someone new for now and maybe for good, isn't it most fair to the new person that it happen before the auction? They missed on the draft and the restricted FA period already.

What is most fair to the league, 007 and the possible new manager?

(August 17th - the last time 007 logged into his RR account. Again, I hope he's doing great.)
                        Last edited by Apollo; Fri Oct 14, 2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

This is why I recommended an interim manager with the promise of it becoming permanent if 007 doesn't return by X date. The way I see it, life happens and sometimes it's unkind or in opposition to fun games and communities we're apart of. 007 has been a great competitor in this league from day one. He's not one of the former members who didn't appreciate the league but quite the opposite. He put in effort to make his team the best and that made the league better. We should be understanding but also looking forward. If we end up going with someone new for now and maybe for good, isn't it most fair to the new person that it happen before the auction? They missed on the draft and the restricted FA period already.

What is most fair to the league, 007 and the possible new manager?

(August 17th - the last time 007 logged into his RR account. Again, I hope he's doing great.)
                          Yep. I think an interim would be best and should takeover prior to the auction draft. After that, I say a couple weeks leeway for 007 to return, otherwise the interim owner takes control of the team for good and 007 can go on a wait list to get back in should he ever come back.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

Yep. I think an interim would be best and should takeover prior to the auction draft. After that, I say a couple weeks leeway for 007 to return, otherwise the interim owner takes control of the team for good and 007 can go on a wait list to get back in should he ever come back.
                            Might be tough to get an interim manager this close to the draft (it's this Sunday). Also I'd give 007 more than a couple of weeks if we're just using an interim tag. Maybe until January? That would give him at least a couple of months to come back.

I really do hope he's okay.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Might be tough to get an interim manager this close to the draft (it's this Sunday). Also I'd give 007 more than a couple of weeks if we're just using an interim tag. Maybe until January? That would give him at least a couple of months to come back.

I really do hope he's okay.
                              Luckily we have a levelheaded commish on the job. I'm sure this is going to be sorted out in the best way.

Moving on to other business, Jimmy ****ing Butler is still available. I received one decent offer and two shit offers. Do we have a serious player in the room?

Comment

• I trust Joey's judgement as long as Perry Jones III isn't involved.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X