Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All is right with the world. I look forward to those high-90's steadily dropping over the course of the season.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      All is right with the world. I look forward to those high-90's steadily dropping over the course of the season.
      You'll be shaking in your Air Jordans by the all star break.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

You'll be shaking in your Air Jordans by the all star break.
        I have to admit starting the season in the one spot has historically been a bad indicator of success...

Apollo wrote: View Post
        And now it seems time for everyone's favorite weekly post. The week one POWER Rankings:

The Champs (Mack North) are clearly dead in the water. The "Pros" know what's what.
        In this case though, the pros know what's what, as a wise person once said.

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Those pros can't predict injuries, hold outs, global pandemic conspiracies taking place on a theorized flat earth. They did alright considering the 21-22 circus that was the Creeds and they almost nailed it.

See you in the playoffs!

Comment

• I wanna see Draft Kings/Fan Dual odds on weekly head-to-head match-ups.
            RR OG

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Typically we only extend that courtesy to people that autodrafted. You would also have to eat the default 1 year contract. I believe.
              If anyone does an add/drop tonight, we have 7 days to dole out the new players contract, correct?
              Last edited by Mack North; Mon Oct 17, 2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Another fun auction draft, gentlemen!! This is without a doubt, the best league on the planet!!

I have a question and wanted some clarification.

First question... Can I use my amnesty right now?

And if I can use it, will the years come off of my cap at this moment?

(My interpretation of the rules is that as long as i use the amnesty before the start of the season, I can use it, and the years would come off right away. But just wanted clarification.)

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                  Another fun auction draft, gentlemen!! This is without a doubt, the best league on the planet!!

I have a question and wanted some clarification.

First question... Can I use my amnesty right now?

And if I can use it, will the years come off of my cap at this moment?

(My interpretation of the rules is that as long as i use the amnesty before the start of the season, I can use it, and the years would come off right away. But just wanted clarification.)

Thanks in advance!
                  I think you're right. It looks like season doesn't officially start until Wednesday:
                  Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications. Player can be cut mid-season, and if announced as Amnesty candidate, years will come off that off-season; Not before.
                  If the auction is considered the beginning of the season then worst case it comes off next summer if you amnestied right now.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Mon Oct 17, 2022, 02:00 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

Comment

• Ya, when I was redoing the cap sheet I wanted to talk Amnesty... It's gone mostly forgotten and unused for like 6 years.

I say we have a use-or-lose it policy on that going forward. I think Amnesty was good while people were still ironing out the nuances of the league, etc. But open to discussion.

As for when to use it, its been a while, but my recollection is similar, but for me, the "Off Season" is everything prior to the Auction Draft. Auction Draft is basically end of the Off Season for me. But I'm not rigid on that I guess.

Comment

Ya, when I was redoing the cap sheet I wanted to talk Amnesty... It's gone mostly forgotten and unused for like 6 years.

I say we have a use-or-lose it policy on that going forward. I think Amnesty was good while people were still ironing out the nuances of the league, etc. But open to discussion.

As for when to use it, its been a while, but my recollection is similar, but for me, the "Off Season" is everything prior to the Auction Draft. Auction Draft is basically end of the Off Season for me. But I'm not rigid on that I guess.
                      Personally, I've made some roster and years choices based on the knowledge that I have that amnesty available if need be. Wouldn't be particularly happy about it disappearing. Or at least give a few seasons of runway before shutting it down.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Personally, I've made some roster and years choices based on the knowledge that I have that amnesty available if need be. Wouldn't be particularly happy about it disappearing. Or at least give a few seasons of runway before shutting it down.
                        Dynasty is a long term fantasy league, people are making moves now for years out. Determining contracts is a gamble and a key piece to success in the league. The amnesty tag is a hedge to that gamble. The people who used their amnesty tag arguably made their teams more competitive in that particular season and for seasons to come. They have an unfair advantage over those who havent used their tag, if the tags are now removed altogether. Also, people who still have it are making contracts knowing they still have it in their back pocket (just as you say).

This came up a couple years before, its unfair to take it away from those who are saving it and I think it should be put to a league vote to change it. This shouldn't be a one person decision.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Mon Oct 17, 2022, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Dynasty is a long term fantasy league, people are making moves now for years out. Determining contracts is a gamble and a key piece to success in the league. The amnesty tag is a hedge to that gamble. The people who used their amnesty tag arguably made their teams more competitive in that particular season and for seasons to come. They have an unfair advantage over those who havent used their tag, if the tags are now removed altogether. Also, people who still have it are making contracts knowing they still have it in their back pocket (just as you say).

This came up a couple years before, its unfair to take it away from those who are saving it and I think it should be put to a league vote to change it. This shouldn't be a one person decision.
                          I never intended it to be a one person decision. I explicitly said its open to discussion.

But I don't think the NBA Amnesty is still available. And you could argue the NBA is much more long term than we are. That was a limited time thing. Teams that used it, 'got the advantage', sure, but those who didn't, presumably didn't need it.

Comment

• I'm good with the Amnesty being kept by anyone that hasn't already used it.

Comment

I never intended it to be a one person decision. I explicitly said its open to discussion.

But I don't think the NBA Amnesty is still available. And you could argue the NBA is much more long term than we are. That was a limited time thing. Teams that used it, 'got the advantage', sure, but those who didn't, presumably didn't need it.
                              When this was created it wasn't given an expiry date/deadline.I don't understand the motivation to remove this thing. What's the primary reason to take it away from people?

Comment

• Personally I'm a bit surprised the amnesty never had an expiry date. The NBA had one for theirs. I guess I'm just a bit annoyed that my amnesty was used before I joined. And so I came in to this league without one. Definitely something that could have been used strategically.

Comment

Working...
                                X