Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be acceptable for me to use my amnesty now 'before' the actual season begins and have it reflect on this years numbers? If there is no opposition, I'd like to use my amnesty on Trey Murphy, who is still on my books for 3 years.

Comment

• amnesty shmamnesty. I say live life in the fast lane and give cleanthony early a 4 year deal.
      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

When this was created it wasn't given an expiry date/deadline.I don't understand the motivation to remove this thing. What's the primary reason to take it away from people?
        I'm not "motivated to remove it". I'm motivated to talk about it. It's from 10 years ago. I mean, the table still listed Miek. Lol It's not a thing real life anymore, therefore maybe it's worth discussing. Maybe we reset it for the whole league, since people like Mars and Berta never even got to use theirs. Maybe we do nothing. I don't know. Seemed like something worth discussing considering literally no one has used it quite a few years.

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
          Would it be acceptable for me to use my amnesty now 'before' the actual season begins and have it reflect on this years numbers? If there is no opposition, I'd like to use my amnesty on Trey Murphy, who is still on my books for 3 years.
          I'm fine with you using it now. I guess we never really set a date for what's off season. I guess we can wait for any real opposition, but doubt we'll get any.
          Last edited by Joey; Mon Oct 17, 2022, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I'm not "motivated to remove it". I'm motivated to talk about it. It's from 10 years ago. I mean, the table still listed Miek. Lol It's not a thing real life anymore, therefore maybe it's worth discussing. Maybe we reset it for the whole league, since people like Mars and Berta never even got to use theirs. Maybe we do nothing. I don't know. Seemed like something worth discussing considering literally no one has used it quite a few years.
            I think the people who still have them treat it as an asset, no different than a pick or FAAB. They're not being used because they're valuable assets.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I'm fine with you using it, but this shouldn't be a one person decision. .
              I don't get why you keep proposing to take our asset. If I came off rude then sorry about that.

Comment

• Of course i would love to be able to have the amnesty available to me. When I inherited my team I just saw that mine had been used (miek must have got caught up in the 2016 finals like the Lakers and have moszgov a huge contract) and operated more cautious as a result.

I would love a stretch and waive option. Where say 4 year deal could be waived and you get only 1 year cap hit for the next 4 years.. you could give everyone a 1 time stretch and waive if your team used your amnesty but those who haven't still have the full amnesty? Just a thought
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I like my amnesty in my back pocket, definitely is part of the contract process for me. I wouldn't like to see it gone. There were a few times that I was very close to using it, but it's gamble on when to use it.

As for the NBA being more long-term, I'd argue that most of our GMs have lasted longer than theirs.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Happy Opening Day!

I look forward to playing the role of spoiler this year. May the best team win it all!

Comment

• To me today is the real opening day. And also one of the only times all season where i have more guys playing then starting spots. May you all leave a random triple double guy on your bench!
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        To me today is the real opening day. And also one of the only times all season where i have more guys playing then starting spots. May you all leave a random triple double guy on your bench!
                        It is an exciting day! Good luck to you and everyone else this season.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

It is an exciting day! Good luck to you and everyone else this season.
                          You're getting dusted 9-0... you should be excited & worried.

Comment

• Anyone else prefer the old pop-up player news window in Yahoo for the PC/laptop? This new monstrosity is horrific and takes way longer to navigate. Me no likey.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

You're getting dusted 9-0... you should be excited & worried.
                              Tucas deserves more respect than this over-the-top sarcasm.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 19, 2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                I like my amnesty in my back pocket, definitely is part of the contract process for me. I wouldn't like to see it gone. There were a few times that I was very close to using it, but it's gamble on when to use it.

As for the NBA being more long-term, I'd argue that most of our GMs have lasted longer than theirs.
                                I would like to see the amnesty be a tradeable asset.

Comment

Working...
                                X