Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coach did not set his lineup and I am up 8-1. I'm not tanking but I don't want to loose out on a top draft pick because of that, things are tight at the bottom.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post

"Over there". Just to be clear, Im fairly certain the schedules are actually randomized as if there were no conferences. This isn't like OKC leeching wins off a tanking spurs and rockets due to travel distance in the NBA scheduling. We don't play divisional teams more than out of division.
      You've played the bottom 4 teams 6 times and I've played them 4 times. All three of the top teams in your conference have played more in-division games than non-division games. It is possible you are correct and all of that is random, but the outcome is the same.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Statistics wise you should be a 4th seed if playoffs started today based off your win loss. That's all I'm saying. Your happy with it but your on the benefiting side of it.
        I'm trying to remember why and when we added conferences. I know that In general we try to match realism of the NBA. While east coast has some classic rivalries in the real NBA, i dont think anyone can even name a team from their own fantasy conferences off the top of their head. I prefer looking at just a general standings list for the league, just my 2 cents. I would rather have the 2nd and 3rd best records own the 2nd and 3rd seed rather than giving it other to a leader of a made up conference.
        I actually don't care, I've been in the spot you describe in the past where I was 2nd in the strong conference and 3rd overall. We can absolutely change it, I just don't think it really makes a difference. Gotta beat the best of both conferences to win it all anyway.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          The Coach did not set his lineup and I am up 8-1. I'm not tanking but I don't want to loose out on a top draft pick because of that, things are tight at the bottom.
          I think a lot of managers miss lineup sets on Mondays... same thing happened with me and Joey last week but he eventually whooped me at the end of the week(thank gosh!).

I hope coach does set his lineups as he's fighting to keep the 8 seed. However, I would prefer you beat him and overtake me for 11th seed

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
            The Coach did not set his lineup and I am up 8-1. I'm not tanking but I don't want to loose out on a top draft pick because of that, things are tight at the bottom.
            I set my line-up and Beat Mode is beating me 1-8.

I hope he doesn't set his line-up this week. Things are tough at the top.
            RR OG

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I actually don't care, I've been in the spot you describe in the past where I was 2nd in the strong conference and 3rd overall. We can absolutely change it, I just don't think it really makes a difference. Gotta beat the best of both conferences to win it all anyway.
              The Koncept vs. DanH rivalry is on fire!
              RR OG

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

You've played the bottom 4 teams 6 times and I've played them 4 times. All three of the top teams in your conference have played more in-division games than non-division games. It is possible you are correct and all of that is random, but the outcome is the same.
                Just so you know that's actually incorrect. For the first 15 weeks we each played every team once. Every team does. After that it resets the schedule to week 1 2 3 again in rotation.

so after playing every team once, I played Berta (14th) Beat Mode (6th) and Skywalker (4th)

You have played mack north (11th) jbml (10th) and beat mode (6th).

It looks to me like you've actually had the easier schedule.

But all of this is irrelevant. Even if i wasnt losing spots in the rankings and I was 16th, I still think that the conferences are pointless. Can we at least agree on that? Let's say no one cares that current 2nd and 3rd are reseeded to 4th. Do the conferences have a purpose ? I'd say no. We play random schedules anyways. That's all I wanted to discuss. Maybe there are others who agree. I don't know maybe not. Not trying to start an argument just Curious what people's thoughts are

The counter argument to "well we all have to go through the top anyways" is should the regular season count for anything? At least all 20 weeks should count for playoff seeding IMO
                Last edited by koncept; Tue Mar 7, 2023, 02:47 PM.
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post

The Koncept vs. DanH rivalry is on fire!
                  Always respected DanH. Hoping you're not feeling attacked. Just wanted to know if other people also agree conferences are pointless.
                  in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Always respected DanH. Hoping you're not feeling attacked. Just wanted to know if other people also agree conferences are pointless.
                    We all respect each other.

And the conferences are pointless.
                    RR OG

Comment

I agree they are pointless. I just care so little about it I wouldn't want it to be any extra effort on the part of the mods to change it.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Just so you know that's actually incorrect. For the first 15 weeks we each played every team once. Every team does. After that it resets the schedule to week 1 2 3 again in rotation.

so after playing every team once, I played Berta (14th) Beat Mode (6th) and Skywalker (4th)

You have played mack north (11th) jbml (10th) and beat mode (6th).
                        There have been 4 weeks since the first 15 weeks. You played Berta (14th) and Tucas (15th) in those 4 weeks. I've played none of the sub-.300 teams.

Anyway, that part was just supposed to be some fun banter, my team is way better than yours sort of trash talk. You know, the playoff system doesn't matter because no one can beat me, sort of thing.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Looks like tucas didn't set his lineups for the week either. Wembanyama shenanigans or just forgot?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Looks like tucas didn't set his lineups for the week either. Wembanyama shenanigans or just forgot?

Coincidence? Looks like koncept just getting another freebie win from his shitty conference #WiltConferenceForTheWin or until they send me back to the other conference.

We've had them every year and they seem to be at random... I don't care either way if we keep or get rid of them.

Comment

• I want realignment!! The Bisons are sick of having to travel to the east coast for road games. Once again western Canada getting screwed by coastal elites. I would probably be a top 5 team if my boys wernt constantly having layovers in Winnipeg
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Why do we have fake conferences? Is there any purpose? Can we vote to remove this? It means nothing and 2nd best rank should be #2 seed.
                                My preference would be to remove the two conferences.

Comment

Working...
                                X