No announcement yet.

Raptors Republic Madness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOLEDO, OH—Noting that he simply ran out of time this year, 32-year-old Collin Buckley admitted to reporters Wednesday that he may not have done enough research to take all the fun out of filling out his NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament bracket. “I actually enjoyed putting some of this together, which makes me wonder if I spent enough time reading conflicting articles about which teams are poised to pull off upsets,” said a visibly disappointed Buckley, adding that while he consulted the RPI rankings and read most of the 34 matchup summaries by ESPN analyst Jay Bilas, he still took some pleasure in making certain picks based purely on his gut feeling or his hatred of certain schools. “I put Texas in the Final Four just because I like [head coach] Shaka Smart, and I have Duke going out in the second round since it’d be fun to see them get dumped so early, so I probably didn’t analyze as much of the data as I should have in order to turn this into a totally and utterly joyless experience.” Buckley added that, at the very least, he invested enough time to guarantee he will not enjoy any of the amazing and inspiring upsets he failed to pick.
    http://www.theonion.com/article/man-...ll-fun-o-52573

Comment

• I'm toast now. All my final four teams are gone. Props to Villanova, they battle as hard as any team I've seen. We'll see how they do against Oklahoma
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Oklahoma's all I've got left, though I've got them going to the finals.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm tryna ride that Virginia wave to the finals. Not much else action left. Few people have UNC brackets going
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Is it possible that no one wins?

#Madness
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Worst. Bracket. Ever.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Is it possible that no one wins?

#Madness
                Pffft I'm hoping UNC can bring me back-to-back titles!

Comment

• I was leading for a while but my bracket fell apart when Kansas and Gonzaga lost. Looks like Joey is in the best position to win right now, go Syracuse
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• So, who won and how many points?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      So, who won and how many points?
                      I won with 42 correct picks and 121 points. Feeling pretty good about myself going back-to-back. Haha

Comment

• what a game to end the tourney on! its all ova villanova
                        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I won with 42 correct picks and 121 points. Feeling pretty good about myself going back-to-back. Haha
                          Great stuff...king of the bracket wars!!

I managed 114 pts. @ the CBS site.

Comment

• I'm surprised I wasn't that far off. I stopped following my bracket the instant Michigan State lost.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Good stuff, man!

As Axel said, I pretty much stopped following the second Sparty lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X