Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucas you are leaving way too many guys/stats on the bench. Please correct this or we might have to explore disciplinary measures. It's not asking alot for people to just set their lineups.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      I was very lucky when it comes to injuries last season, this year not as much. Both Millsap and Vucevic should be back for the (fantasy) playoffs though
      This week felt like...

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Fantasy Pros Power Rankings entering Week 17:

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Wow, Mack is looking like Gabby Jay this week.

The Creeds will be climbing back up the standings this week.
          Not sure if you saw how many of my Super Duper Stars missed games last week, but yea...

Comment

• I only looked at the scoreboard. The rest of the season seems to be about fighting for seeding. There's a pretty distinct division now between 8th and 9th.

I'm happy to be gong to the playoffs and happy to move up a spot but I'm in a tough matchup this week. Hopefully the trade deadline doesn't hurt me later in the week.

Comment

I only looked at the scoreboard. The rest of the season seems to be about fighting for seeding. There's a pretty distinct division now between 8th and 9th.

I'm happy to be gong to the playoffs and happy to move up a spot but I'm in a tough matchup this week. Hopefully the trade deadline doesn't hurt me later in the week.
              3 big matchups this week in that regard.

Axel vs Mack
              Apollo vs Koncept
              WJF vs Realizar

Should be a good week.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Tucas you are leaving way too many guys/stats on the bench. Please correct this or we might have to explore disciplinary measures. It's not asking alot for people to just set their lineups.
                Cody you too!! Set your lineups People!

Have thought long and hard about this ... we could look into reduction in Cap Years available; could be Reduction in Free Agency Money; Drop in position on next available Pick to your Team; not sure, but we have options if this becomes an issue.

Please don't let it come to that. It literally takes me under a minute to set my lineups for the week with either the App or the Website.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  3 big matchups this week in that regard.

Axel vs Mack
                  Apollo vs Koncept
                  WJF vs Realizar

Should be a good week.
                  Eventful week no doubt. I'll probably have trouble this week. Oladipo is sitting tonight with the flu. I needed him to play his full slate this week.

Comment

• I want to say sorry for not getting my lineup set for last night. I missed two guys by 4 minutes. They are not difference makers but in a matchup that has potential draft place implecations, I don't want to look like a tanker.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Cody you too!! Set your lineups People!

Have thought long and hard about this ... we could look into reduction in Cap Years available; could be Reduction in Free Agency Money; Drop in position on next available Pick to your Team; not sure, but we have options if this becomes an issue.

Please don't let it come to that. It literally takes me under a minute to set my lineups for the week with either the App or the Website.
                      I think hashing out fair penalties are a good idea. I also think that a code of conduct on when it is appropriate is a good idea, just for clarity's sake. There are some times when not setting the lineup leads to wins.

For tankers I think a good/fair play is to always play your best players. If you're built to tank, they will find a way.

An ever stricter free agency bidding penalty could be implemented. For example, you get tired of warnings, say 3, then they are unable to bid on the first nominated free agent, and then 2nd, 3rd. Depending on infractions.

Free agency is a very valuable team building phase, and this directly impacts team building ability, while not affecting their money, or cap years.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        I think hashing out fair penalties are a good idea. I also think that a code of conduct on when it is appropriate is a good idea, just for clarity's sake. There are some times when not setting the lineup leads to wins.
                        I think Skywalker scored a W this season by benching everyone on a Sunday. Joey doesn't seem focused on playoff teams though.

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        For tankers I think a good/fair play is to always play your best players. If you're built to tank, they will find a way.

An ever stricter free agency bidding penalty could be implemented. For example, you get tired of warnings, say 3, then they are unable to bid on the first nominated free agent, and then 2nd, 3rd. Depending on infractions.
                        The thing is, if they don't have their pick and they're losing, the reason they're not starting guys is because they aren't playing for anything. For this reason I think it should be a drop in draft position if they hold their pick, otherwise it could be a slash in FAAB(used at the FA draft); maybe gut it all. That's comparable to seeing your pick drop five places for sure.

Comment

I think Skywalker scored a W this season by benching everyone on a Sunday. Joey doesn't seem focused on playoff teams though.

The thing is, if they don't have their pick and they're losing, the reason they're not starting guys is because they aren't playing for anything. For this reason I think it should be a drop in draft position if they hold their pick, otherwise it could be a slash in FAAB(used at the FA draft); maybe gut it all. That's comparable to seeing your pick drop five places for sure.
                          i think that dropping in draft position complicates it, and adds loopholes. for example i own cody's pick, so he wouldn't drop, but if i didn't own his pick does he trade it away so someone else doesn't drop and his place in the draft stays?

i do think we want to have a league that is competitive, and right now we are really top, and bottom heavy. i think this has a lot to do with owner turnover, as new owner's like me, snooch, cody do tend to make early rash trades, and then grow into competent owners.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            i think that dropping in draft position complicates it, and adds loopholes. for example i own cody's pick, so he wouldn't drop, but if i didn't own his pick does he trade it away so someone else doesn't drop and his place in the draft stays?
                            That's an excellent point I never thought of.

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            i do think we want to have a league that is competitive, and right now we are really top, and bottom heavy. i think this has a lot to do with owner turnover, as new owner's like me, snooch, cody do tend to make early rash trades, and then grow into competent owners.
                            One idea which I used in NFL Dynasty is to have the Consolation Tournament count for something. In NFL Dynasty should you win the Consolation rounds you are guaranteed a top three pick no matter what(unless you dealt the pick, then this is regards to who currently owns the pick). If it were in place here, let's say you landed in eighth in the lotto but you won the Consolation rounds. Well in that case you would shoot up to third and everyone else besides the top two shift down one spot. Perhaps something like this coupled with the new NBA draft rules coming in next year could help make things more competitive?

Comment

• i like trying to make people more competitive Apollo, but I really dont think that idea would help solve the problem. It could be then that people with great teams who are injury riddled slip out of the playoffs and win this top 3 pick, doesn't help with parity.

Our biggest question is how do we make these embarrassingly bad teams (some that dont even own their own picks!) into teams that aren't an autowin in weekly matchups...... I think we need to implement changes so that new owners can join and cant trade away their stars and decent players and maybe not even be able to trade their picks for the first season maybe even more until they see the value.

Heck I was there at the bottom for so many seasons because I couldn't attend the inaugural draft and was handed a fist full of garbage. Its tough. Without having your pick to add lottery picks each year its hard to build a foundation. I mean theres trades and Free Agency which has lots of great options each season too. But I think the point is you can't make a more competitive league by making the bottom feeders drop prospects and add Thabo Sefalosha's and Marco Bellinelli's, it won't make a difference if you dont even own a top 40 player to begin with. For better our worse our league reflects the current NBA landscape with 2 super teams, tons of teams realizing where theyre at and rebuilding through the draft, and a bunch of middle of the pack playoff teams as well.

Of course, theres gotta be a line between fishing for prospect diamonds in the rough and holding players that are barely in the league... but how do you go about that I'm not sure. Tanking is inexcusable IF you are not setting lineups to lose, it fucks with the big picture. I would know from experience messing up my lineup on a sunday a few seasons ago. Thankfully the league did not penalize me, and I think these guys should be just given a final warning in this situation but we could have hard rules in place for next season/infraction.
                              Last edited by koncept; Tue Feb 6, 2018, 05:03 PM.
                              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Even a broken clock is right twice a day but the odds are low. I'm just tossing out ideas. Feel free to shoot them down, you're probably right.

Comment

Working...
                                X