Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR NBA Points League aka. FPL (Fantasy Points League)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    Thanks for the input and I'm glad you enjoy the scoring system. What you said is exactly what my goal was.

We only have ten teams today. Why don't we run through a full season and then if there's a strong demand for keepers we can kick that off in the draft heading into season two.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    i like the scoring, it feels game like.
    nothing i really didn't like. my all bigs lost, so that theory went out the window
    i will participate

i would like a couple keepers, if the roster is 10 players per team, 80% redraft allows for some planning, and quickens future drafts by 30seconds*20
    if we can get 16-20 teams with 10 players per team i think this league will be unique and fun.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Congrats to the two most deserving managers in the finals this week and sorry to jbml for the ongoing smack down in the consolation finals.

With that out of the way, we're working our way through the final week of the season and so I must ask some questions here:
    • What do you like about this setup?
    • What don't you like about this setup?
    • Is this something you want to participate in this fall?

Also, I've thought about it a lot and listened to different opinions in here and I think this should be a re-draft league for now. We can always turn it into some other league later but for now re-draft make sense while we continue to tweak this thing to perfection. If we change it later it will be due to large demand for a change.

Finally, I want the draft to be blazing fast and so any setting that can be used to accelerate the draft will be fully utilized to the max. I want people's head spinning and complaining to me, it's so fast.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Hey Mack, Josh Jackson.

Watch as the Creeds pull away to close out this exhibition season.
    We're fighting for seventh place! We all get the same colour ribbon down here, man.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Hey Mack, Josh Jackson.

Watch as the Creeds pull away to close out this exhibition season.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    Guys have a ton of time to queue up 5 or 6 guys at a time and pick one in an instant. It's really not hard, it drives me nuts in my football drafts when someone has more than 10 minutes of free time and they end up taking a full minute to pick... As I said before, I'm also all good with full redraft each year - it's much easier that way too.
    The worst is when that happens and they end up taking a kicker or a defense. I think to myself: 'well that team died on draft day.' lol

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    If we go full draft each year or not I will be looking into any possible settings to decrease the draft time. I'd like to have no longer than 30 seconds per pick on average. That would dramatically decrease the draft time. It would also add more challenge. Plus in a league where positions do not matter we shouldn't need as much time.
    Guys have a ton of time to queue up 5 or 6 guys at a time and pick one in an instant. It's really not hard, it drives me nuts in my football drafts when someone has more than 10 minutes of free time and they end up taking a full minute to pick... As I said before, I'm also all good with full redraft each year - it's much easier that way too.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    If we go full draft each year or not I will be looking into any possible settings to decrease the draft time. I'd like to have no longer than 30 seconds per pick on average. That would dramatically decrease the draft time. It would also add more challenge. Plus in a league where positions do not matter we shouldn't need as much time.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    AGREED.

also auction is looking like a must for 20 teams id say. put 3 hours in for the draft and cruise through the season... makes sense to me

Leave a comment:

• drizz
    replied
    I'd like to see a keeper-less format, with a full draft each season. It would be refreshing given both the keeper and dynasty leagues that we already have.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    I'm not opposed to those really long drafts lol I remember them pretty well.

I'd prefer to have a lot of turnover in players each year in this league, rather than having us keep 6 or 7 of our players. It would be great to be able to keep only 2 or 3 max, just so teams that are not-so-stacked have a legit shot going into the next season. We'd likely be able to keep more mangers engaged and returning by doing that. 20 teams x 3 keepers is still 60 players though, so most top-notch guys will still most likely be gone during subsequential drafts.

I dunno, but I'm glad we have all summer to lay it out.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I was thinking the same thing really, its only fair to do auction. It would be a long wait from 1-40 or 20-21 to 60-61.
    On the flip side though, I don't know if you remember the inaugural RR NFL dynasty draft but it was like three plus hours before it was done. That was 30 man rosters. 240 players in total. This league will see 200 players drafted on draft day. It will be long... If a player goes every minute we're talking close to 3.5 hours... I don't know if a snaking draft would take that long. One solution would be to adopt rules similar to NFL dynasty, which is different than most leagues where by we FORCE people to keep a minimum number of player(like 70-80%), as opposed to the traditional method of encouraging keepers but placing hurdles of some kind in the way.

Whatever we do, that first draft will be a marathon. So much so I think we're going to draft much earlier than the other leagues to avoid draft burnout. lol
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Mar 21, 2018, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Because its a 20 team league I was leaning towards auction so that everyone is on an even footing. I'm not sure yet though. The type of league we intend to have (ie: re-draft or keeper of some sort) will influence this decision as well. What do you think?
    I was thinking the same thing really, its only fair to do auction. It would be a long wait from 1-40 or 20-21 to 60-61.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    How would the draft go - auction or snaking?
    Because its a 20 team league I was leaning towards auction so that everyone is on an even footing. I'm not sure yet though. The type of league we intend to have (ie: re-draft or keeper of some sort) will influence this decision as well. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    How would the draft go - auction or snaking?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X