• Show
Clear All

• Axel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Good question. So, it'll go just like NBA dynasty league... For the most part. The inverted standings from our league will correspond to the NBA draft lotto ordering. So for example, here's tier 1 as it looks today:

Knicks>JBML > 14.0%
    Suns>Tucas > 14.0%
    Cavs>Axel >14.0%
    Bulls>Ballswin> 12.5%

Now let's say the NBA draft lotto turns out to be the following:

Cavs, Knicks, Suns, Hawks, Bulls,

There are two ripples in this order. First, the Hawks aren't tied to a top 4 team. Second, Ballswin won the consulation round and is supposed to be awarded a top three pick as his prize. So with that in mind here's how the order would then go 1 through 4:

Axel, JBML, Ballswin, Tucas.

So we ignore the Hawks entering the fray in tier 1 because no one is tied to their results and second, we bump Tucas down to 4th because he drew 3rd & Ballswin drew 4th but again, Ballswin is guaranteed a top three pick.

Everyone get this?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Good question. So, it'll go just like NBA dynasty league... For the most part. The inverted standings from our league will correspond to the NBA draft lotto ordering. So for example, here's tier 1 as it looks today:

Knicks>JBML > 14.0%
    Suns>Tucas > 14.0%
    Cavs>Axel >14.0%
    Bulls>Ballswin> 12.5%

Now let's say the NBA draft lotto turns out to be the following:

Cavs, Knicks, Suns, Hawks, Bulls,

There are two ripples in this order. First, the Hawks aren't tied to a top 4 team. Second, Ballswin won the consulation round and is supposed to be awarded a top three pick as his prize. So with that in mind here's how the order would then go 1 through 4:

Axel, JBML, Ballswin, Tucas.

So we ignore the Hawks entering the fray in tier 1 because no one is tied to their results and second, we bump Tucas down to 4th because he drew 3rd & Ballswin drew 4th but again, Ballswin is guaranteed a top three pick.

Everyone get this?

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Fine by me. How is the lottery conducted though?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Guys, I think it's time for some draft lottery reform and I'd like to start it immediately. First, as a refresher, here's how our lottery works:

Order is determined by two tier lotto
    * Tier 1 - 5th to 8th place teams with consolation round winner guaranteed a top three pick
    * Tier 2 - 2nd to 4th place teams
    * Champion drafts last

That's all fine and I think we should keep it but how we determine the results is where I want this reformed. I want us to leverage the NBA draft lottery to determine our lotto results within the above system. The reasons for this is that it takes the human element out of our lotto; I don't need to recruit someone to draw it offline. Also, there's a good reason why I want to make the switch now and that's because the NBA just reformed its lotto odd and here's how they look in the top seven:

Team 1 > 14.0%
    Team 2 > 14.0%
    Team 3 >14.0%
    Team 4 > 12.5%
    Team 5 > 10.5%
    Team 6 > 9.0%
    Team 7 > 7.5%

So three out of the worst four now have the same lotto odds and #4 isn't too far behind. We didn't want incentives to tanking in our league and I think by leveraging the NBA lotto with these new odds we effectively prevent that. Here's how our lotto would look for this coming off-season:

Tier 1 Lottery
    JBML > 14.0%
    Tucas > 14.0%
    Axel >14.0%
    Ballswin* > 12.5%

Tier 2 Lottery
    Apollo > 10.5%
    Drizz > 9.0%
    Mack > 7.5%

8th spot: Mango, the league Champ.
    *Consultation round winner is guaranteed a top three pick regardless of lotto outcome.

Let me know if you have any concerns with this change.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Congrats on the repeat Mango. It's pretty difficult to win this one time, let alone in back to back seasons.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    Congrats on winning B2B Mangokid! That's tough to do any way you look at it. Your win kind of got lost in the Christmas shuffle... respect!
    Thanks brother! Means a lot coming from a fantastic owner like yourself, Mack. I guess I caught a bit of luck at the end with AB going off and Gurley unable to play. This fantasy football thing...it takes a massive amount of luck every week to be a bit successful. Congratulations to all the owners in this league for making it what it is - competitive and lots of fun. Much love and respect to everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Congrats on winning B2B Mangokid! That's tough to do any way you look at it. Your win kind of got lost in the Christmas shuffle... respect!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    No, everyone is on waivers, I tried picking up a 4pm RB just after 1pm. Even all the players on OAK and DEN are on waivers til the 26th. Not sure why this happened on Championship week!? Bah well, what are ya gonna do...
    Thought you meant setting lineups.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    No, everyone is on waivers, I tried picking up a 4pm RB just after 1pm. Even all the players on OAK and DEN are on waivers til the 26th. Not sure why this happened on Championship week!? Bah well, what are ya gonna do...

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Just curious, why wasn't I able to make a last minute move? It wasn't like that all season long.

I do have one LB left tonight. Couple INT return TD's and I've got this!

It typically locks at the exact time the game is scheduled start. I've been stuck before not being able to make a switch even though the game hasn't started. Its all about scheduled start time.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I know. That was weird. I tried to beat you to CJ Anderson yesterday when I got word about Gurley.

At any rate, there is always a shot for you, Mack. I never rule anything out until triple zeros.

It's inevitable, but i can't concede lol

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    I know. That was weird. I tried to beat you to CJ Anderson yesterday when I got word about Gurley.

At any rate, there is always a shot for you, Mack. I never rule anything out until triple zeros.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Just curious, why wasn't I able to make a last minute move? It wasn't like that all season long.

I do have one LB left tonight. Couple INT return TD's and I've got this!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    You're Chubb's Champ. The only one else who would select him #1 is his mom and it wasn't a no brainer for her. It really tested her love.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X