No announcement yet.

Fantasy Points League (S1) - Champ: Skywalker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to do a silent auction? Where everyone gets one bet? That would speed up the process significantly and it might be a lot of fun.

I would vote no to the keepers, just because I have 3 guys that I would want to keep and it would decimate me.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't mind Keepers.. but the value of a Keeper should be high. The top tier guys were being bought for like $95+ in the draft (didn't Kawhi go for $110?). Their value as a Keeper should be as high. New GM's with bad teams, or no top tier player will keep getting the shaft year over year as they'll miss out on having a top tier guy on their team.

Just my two cents.
      Good points. With a three multi-season player cap per team do you feel this would still be an issue?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        Is there a way to do a silent auction? Where everyone gets one bet? That would speed up the process significantly and it might be a lot of fun.

I would vote no to the keepers, just because I have 3 guys that I would want to keep and it would decimate me.
        I think you can pre-rank an auction style format in auto draft but I don't trust Yahoo's pre-ranking system after it shafted Ballswin in our football league.

If we ever did keepers it would be starting with a fresh slate for all. No one owns their current roster past this season.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Good points. With a three multi-season player cap per team do you feel this would still be an issue?
          That could really work out.. really like your proposal.

Comment

• I'm having a shitty week. Goddamn it.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
              I'm having a shitty week. Goddamn it.
              Man games are really important in this league. More guys you have suited up the better your chances. For example, I have 3 Lakers on my team.. so if the Lakers only play 3 times a week, I'm probably going to lose that week.

Comment

Man games are really important in this league. More guys you have suited up the better your chances. For example, I have 3 Lakers on my team.. so if the Lakers only play 3 times a week, I'm probably going to lose that week.
                Yeah, games have been few and far in between this week for my guys, not to mention injury to K. Love, and already having an injured Markannen from the start. Just picked up Garrett Temple and he's been solid to start the season.

Comment

Have to be careful of players with avian bone syndrome here.

Comment

• I think there should be an extra bench spot or two.

I was playing with 1 man short all week last week and early this week because of the Booker injury. And i couldn't put him on the bench or on the IR.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Shit in my boots...

... Love got surgery and will be re-assessed in six weeks.

Goddamn it. The man is the worst with injuries.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                        I think there should be an extra bench spot or two.

I was playing with 1 man short all week last week and early this week because of the Booker injury. And i couldn't put him on the bench or on the IR.
                        With one or two extra bench spots you'd still be a man down. It wouldn't help anything.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                          Shit in my boots...

... Love got surgery and will be re-assessed in six weeks.

Goddamn it. The man is the worst with injuries.
                          That team is going nowhere too. No incentive to play through injuries.

Comment

With one or two extra bench spots you'd still be a man down. It wouldn't help anything.
                            It would be nice to have like a IR+ for guys that are out for a few games to be able to pick up someone. Even the smallest injury can make the difference in winning a weekly matchup and since we only play each other once, it’s a shame that we can’t do anything about it. It shouldn’t require a full IR designation from the NBA to be able to adjust your roster. In the football pools, if a guy is out for a game, we can put him on IR. I don’t see why this league wouldn’t be any different.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

That team is going nowhere too. No incentive to play through injuries.
                              *sigh*

"anybody want Kevin Love?!" as Reuben cries for help from the top of his lungs.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                It would be nice to have like a IR+ for guys that are out for a few games to be able to pick up someone. Even the smallest injury can make the difference in winning a weekly matchup and since we only play each other once, it’s a shame that we can’t do anything about it. It shouldn’t require a full IR designation from the NBA to be able to adjust your roster. In the football pools, if a guy is out for a game, we can put him on IR. I don’t see why this league wouldn’t be any different.
                                I agree 100%. It's a poor choice by Yahoo and inconsistent to their flagship sport: Fantasy Football. I hope they correct it but in the meantime we're just gonna have to put up with it I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                                X