Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy Points League (FPL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • we have an IR? LOL. been in dynasty far too long
    in masai we trust

    water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

    Comment


    • 50 point win over the bald eagle. Good win for the imperials.

      Comment


      • So how does everyone find the league so far?


        Next season I'm going to open up the playoffs to at least eight spots. The four team playoffs is my only gripe and it wasn't meant to be that way and it won't for certain next season.

        Comment


        • Apollo wrote: View Post
          So how does everyone find the league so far?


          Next season I'm going to open up the playoffs to at least eight spots. The four team playoffs is my only gripe and it wasn't meant to be that way and it won't for certain next season.
          Enjoy it, but find it too simple. Would like to work on some awards as motivation for next year. Best trade, manager of the year, best draft etc. Give some reasons for playermovement

          Comment


          • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            Enjoy it, but find it too simple. Would like to work on some awards as motivation for next year. Best trade, manager of the year, best draft etc. Give some reasons for playermovement
            It is simple and that was by design and I hope its a solid foundation to build on and your ideas here are a prime example of some things we should explore to add to the richness of the league. I love awards, especially award decided by the whole league.

            An idea I had was what if we added a sub-game to the league where we had an elimination tournament ongoing throughout the season where we all after to pick one winner each week of a
            matchup in our league and we cannot pick the same team twice. If you pick wrong, you're eliminated from the sub-game. The winner of the sub-game(if there is one by season end) gets a bonus $_____FAAB budget that either counts for the current season or the next season(post-draft).

            Comment


            • top 4 you say.........alriiight i guess ill start updating.





















              .....wait...
              in masai we trust

              water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

              Comment


              • Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                Comment


                • Axel wrote: View Post
                  Honestly, this league is a bit meh.

                  I understand the theory behind the low effort during the season but it also means low engagement. If I don’t have to even set my line ups, what is there to do? Check the waiver wire? With this many people it’s a wasteland most of the time.

                  Not really much strategy post draft and no amount of gimmicks (awards, side bets, etc) will change that.

                  The draft was epic but the season has been a stark contrast to that. It might be more appealing to non-dynasty people but to me, it was a great draft and then a let down.
                  Thanks for the input. This is season #1 of this scoring format and it was a big experiment in a lot of ways. I'd like to see it continue and improve and so we'll have lots of discussions in the off-season on how to improve the experience. I don't think it'll ever be a beast like Dynasty though. If the majority of people generally feel it's not engaging enough then it'll change to more traditional lineups or something not identified yet. Pretty much everything is on the table except for scoring.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 9th, 2019, 07:38 AM.

                  Comment


                  • I really only check in once or twice a week to see if I have injuries. I'd like it if it was a more active league, not sure what could change that?

                    Maybe having a traditional lineup mandatory(PG, SG, SF, PF, C)? Then what comes after that though, 5 UTIL position players? Maybe have 2 players from each position in your lineup?
                    The Double Champ is here!
                    Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                    Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                    Comment


                    • If we go back to traditional lineups, plus flex then it might be just as well to go back to traditional benches as well.

                      We could have update daily, where you can update whenever as long as the game hasn't begun. We could roll with update weekly where you're locked in every week. This would bring with it a lot of strategy because do you start Bron with two games on tap or Zach Lavine with four? Might be interesting.

                      Comment


                      • Apollo wrote: View Post
                        One idea I had around keepers was to have it tied to initial FAAB bid. FAAB would be your auction budget, your WW budget and your salary cap. Once a player is signed, the owner sets the contract up to three years. Once the contract expires the player can be resigned for 120% of the original deal. Cutting a player in the middle of the deal would result in a cap penalty of 80% of the remaining deal. Trading players would have to balance under FAAB (ie: Team A can't make a trade with Team B if the trade puts them over cap by any more than 5% of FAAB, which translates to a $10 buffer). There could be a limit placed on how many multi-season players allowed per team if it were deemed to complicated. Anyway, this is all just an idea I had the other day. No telling if anyone likes it or would be interested in doing it...
                        There's also this idea I floated a while back.

                        Comment


                        • Apollo wrote: View Post
                          If we go back to traditional lineups, plus flex then it might be just as well to go back to traditional benches as well.

                          We could have update daily, where you can update whenever as long as the game hasn't begun. We could roll with update weekly where you're locked in every week. This would bring with it a lot of strategy because do you start Bron with two games on tap or Zach Lavine with four? Might be interesting.
                          I like the weekly lineup idea. I've never been a part of a league like that, not sure how it works exactly but seems pretty straight forward from what i know.
                          The Double Champ is here!
                          Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                          Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                          Comment


                          • Mack North wrote: View Post
                            I like the weekly lineup idea. I've never been a part of a league like that, not sure how it works exactly but seems pretty straight forward from what i know.
                            Well it would work similar to fantasy football. You'll need to set you lineup for the following week by x day. You may make roster moves but they cannot be inserted into the lineup during the ongoing week because the deadline to set lineups would have passed.

                            Comment


                            • Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Well it would work similar to fantasy football. You'll need to set you lineup for the following week by x day. You may make roster moves but they cannot be inserted into the lineup during the ongoing week because the deadline to set lineups would have passed.
                              Yea this is what I assumed. I would be down for this. At least its something that needs to be done once a week.

                              Not sure if we have too many owners or not... the bottom 1/4 of the league doesnt have much interest to make moves.
                              The Double Champ is here!
                              Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                              Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                              Comment


                              • I think if I didn't somehow screw up the playoff settings when I rolled over the settings from the test run, the league wouldn't feel nearly as small. I'm in 3rd place right now and I'm sweating it a little because I don't know if I'm gonna make it if I have a couple consecutive losses.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X