Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Fantasy Points League (FPL)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    started a topic Fantasy Points League (FPL)

Fantasy Points League (FPL)

Welcome to the inaugural FPL season!

This NBA fantasy league is different than all other leagues here at Raptors Republic. Here are some key aspects:
    • Hosted by Yahoo.
    • Casual league, great starting point for those new to fantasy sports or those who want a league will little work.
    • Up to 20 teams.
    • Rosters will be ten players plus five IR slots.
    • No worrying about setting your lineups, everyone starts who is active and not on IR.
    • No worrying about positions, there are none. Start all centers, start all PG's or anything you can imagine in between.
    • Head-to-head points league.
    • Unique scoring system similar to fantasy football (explained below).
    • Auction draft involving up to 200 NBA players.
    • No keepers, redraft each season.

Scoring Explained
    • There are six categories used in calculating total score:
      Pts, Reb, Ast, Stl, Blk, TO
    • There are six multipliers used in calculating total score:
      0.117,0.140,0.175,0.350,0.350,-0.117
    • For each player, each of the six stats is multiplied by its respective multiplier and then those six numbers are added together. This is performed for all ten active players on your roster.
    • All ten active players scores are then added together to determine a total score for the week.
    • The winner is whoever has the highest total team score in your head to head matchup.

Below is a hypothetical scoring breakdown of a team:

The scoring multipliers have been determined based on Yahoo's standard multipliers, adjusted in a way to produce average weekly scoring as close to actual NBA scoring as possible.The average PPG for an NBA team in 2017-18 was 106.4 points. In this league, based on 2017-18 stats, the average weekly head-to-head team score should be approximately 106.4 fantasy points. That is, if you draft wisely and have a little luck.
    Last edited by Apollo; Sun Aug 19th, 2018, 08:29 PM.

• Shredder
    replied
    It was fun, I was surprised to get third considering the level of bball knowledge with this crew. I would like to see the change in scoring to make bigs less important. I would also like to see the waiver claim shortened. It would be nice to get the player the same day you find out your existing player is injured. It would also be nice to have a bench for load management players.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Congrats! It was an accomplishment just to make the playoffs, let alone take it all. Bravo!

Do we want to continue this, that's the next question. I will expand the playoffs to the max if we do. (that's probably 12 teams with the top team teams drawing a bye in round one).

Like I asked before, if we do continue, what needs to be improved?

Leave a comment:

• skywalker
    replied
    I am pretty honoured to be winning a ring in a league that is 20 teams deep.

Thank you gentlemen. It was fun!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Some takeaways from the first season:
    1. Fix the playoffs to include at least eight teams (my bad, something happened with the settings, it was supposed to be eight)
    2. Some people want me to rejig the scoring to favor guards more.
    3. Anything else?
    And maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here. Do we want to continue on to Season 2? Was this just an experiment or are we on to something here? I think the excitement level would be much higher now with a large playoff bracket in place.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Tight race for that final playoff spot between Koncept, Coach and Trex. Unless both Koncept and Coach lose, Trex is out because he can't win the tiebreaker. If Koncept and Coach win, Coach needs to outscore Koncept 8 points to win the tie breaker. That's possibly but right now it's not trending that way.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The top twenty:
    1. Davis - C
    2. Harden - G
    3. Giannis - F
    4. Westbrook - G
    5. Embiid - C
    6. James - F
    7. George - F
    8. Durant - F
    9. Jokic - C
    10. Towns - C
    11. Leonard - F
    12. Drummond - C
    13. Vucevic - C
    14. Curry - G
    15. Beal - G
    16. Irving - G
    17. Holiday - G
    18. Lillard - G
    19. Griffin - F
    20. Simmons - G

Six centers in the top 20. Nine cat has six in the top 20.
    Last edited by Apollo; Sun Feb 24th, 2019, 12:39 PM. Reason: Correcting a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I think if I didn't somehow screw up the playoff settings when I rolled over the settings from the test run, the league wouldn't feel nearly as small. I'm in 3rd place right now and I'm sweating it a little because I don't know if I'm gonna make it if I have a couple consecutive losses.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Well it would work similar to fantasy football. You'll need to set you lineup for the following week by x day. You may make roster moves but they cannot be inserted into the lineup during the ongoing week because the deadline to set lineups would have passed.
    Yea this is what I assumed. I would be down for this. At least its something that needs to be done once a week.

Not sure if we have too many owners or not... the bottom 1/4 of the league doesnt have much interest to make moves.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    I like the weekly lineup idea. I've never been a part of a league like that, not sure how it works exactly but seems pretty straight forward from what i know.
    Well it would work similar to fantasy football. You'll need to set you lineup for the following week by x day. You may make roster moves but they cannot be inserted into the lineup during the ongoing week because the deadline to set lineups would have passed.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    If we go back to traditional lineups, plus flex then it might be just as well to go back to traditional benches as well.

We could have update daily, where you can update whenever as long as the game hasn't begun. We could roll with update weekly where you're locked in every week. This would bring with it a lot of strategy because do you start Bron with two games on tap or Zach Lavine with four? Might be interesting.
    I like the weekly lineup idea. I've never been a part of a league like that, not sure how it works exactly but seems pretty straight forward from what i know.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    One idea I had around keepers was to have it tied to initial FAAB bid. FAAB would be your auction budget, your WW budget and your salary cap. Once a player is signed, the owner sets the contract up to three years. Once the contract expires the player can be resigned for 120% of the original deal. Cutting a player in the middle of the deal would result in a cap penalty of 80% of the remaining deal. Trading players would have to balance under FAAB (ie: Team A can't make a trade with Team B if the trade puts them over cap by any more than 5% of FAAB, which translates to a $10 buffer). There could be a limit placed on how many multi-season players allowed per team if it were deemed to complicated. Anyway, this is all just an idea I had the other day. No telling if anyone likes it or would be interested in doing it...
    There's also this idea I floated a while back.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    If we go back to traditional lineups, plus flex then it might be just as well to go back to traditional benches as well.

We could have update daily, where you can update whenever as long as the game hasn't begun. We could roll with update weekly where you're locked in every week. This would bring with it a lot of strategy because do you start Bron with two games on tap or Zach Lavine with four? Might be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    I really only check in once or twice a week to see if I have injuries. I'd like it if it was a more active league, not sure what could change that?

Maybe having a traditional lineup mandatory(PG, SG, SF, PF, C)? Then what comes after that though, 5 UTIL position players? Maybe have 2 players from each position in your lineup?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X