• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Shit in my boots...

... Love got surgery and will be re-assessed in six weeks.

Goddamn it. The man is the worst with injuries.
    That team is going nowhere too. No incentive to play through injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    I think there should be an extra bench spot or two.

I was playing with 1 man short all week last week and early this week because of the Booker injury. And i couldn't put him on the bench or on the IR.
    With one or two extra bench spots you'd still be a man down. It wouldn't help anything.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Shit in my boots...

... Love got surgery and will be re-assessed in six weeks.

Goddamn it. The man is the worst with injuries.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I think there should be an extra bench spot or two.

I was playing with 1 man short all week last week and early this week because of the Booker injury. And i couldn't put him on the bench or on the IR.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Man games are really important in this league. More guys you have suited up the better your chances. For example, I have 3 Lakers on my team.. so if the Lakers only play 3 times a week, I'm probably going to lose that week.
    Have to be careful of players with avian bone syndrome here.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Man games are really important in this league. More guys you have suited up the better your chances. For example, I have 3 Lakers on my team.. so if the Lakers only play 3 times a week, I'm probably going to lose that week.
    Yeah, games have been few and far in between this week for my guys, not to mention injury to K. Love, and already having an injured Markannen from the start. Just picked up Garrett Temple and he's been solid to start the season.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I'm having a shitty week. Goddamn it.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    I'm having a shitty week. Goddamn it.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Good points. With a three multi-season player cap per team do you feel this would still be an issue?
    That could really work out.. really like your proposal.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    Is there a way to do a silent auction? Where everyone gets one bet? That would speed up the process significantly and it might be a lot of fun.

I would vote no to the keepers, just because I have 3 guys that I would want to keep and it would decimate me.
    I think you can pre-rank an auction style format in auto draft but I don't trust Yahoo's pre-ranking system after it shafted Ballswin in our football league.

If we ever did keepers it would be starting with a fresh slate for all. No one owns their current roster past this season.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I don't mind Keepers.. but the value of a Keeper should be high. The top tier guys were being bought for like $95+ in the draft (didn't Kawhi go for $110?). Their value as a Keeper should be as high. New GM's with bad teams, or no top tier player will keep getting the shaft year over year as they'll miss out on having a top tier guy on their team.

Just my two cents.
    Good points. With a three multi-season player cap per team do you feel this would still be an issue?

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Is there a way to do a silent auction? Where everyone gets one bet? That would speed up the process significantly and it might be a lot of fun.

I would vote no to the keepers, just because I have 3 guys that I would want to keep and it would decimate me.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    One idea I had around keepers was to have it tied to initial FAAB bid. FAAB would be your auction budget, your WW budget and your salary cap. Once a player is signed, the owner sets the contract up to three years. Once the contract expires the player can be resigned for 120% of the original deal. Cutting a player in the middle of the deal would result in a cap penalty of 80% of the remaining deal. Trading players would have to balance under FAAB (ie: Team A can't make a trade with Team B if the trade puts them over cap by any more than 5% of FAAB, which translates to a $10 buffer). There could be a limit placed on how many multi-season players allowed per team if it were deemed to complicated. Anyway, this is all just an idea I had the other day. No telling if anyone likes it or would be interested in doing it...
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Nov 2, 2018, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I don't mind Keepers.. but the value of a Keeper should be high. The top tier guys were being bought for like $95+ in the draft (didn't Kawhi go for $110?). Their value as a Keeper should be as high. New GM's with bad teams, or no top tier player will keep getting the shaft year over year as they'll miss out on having a top tier guy on their team.

Just my two cents.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i like the idea of a couple of keepers, something to add to building, and makes every year's redraft a bit quicker. i think maybe something to make day to day a bit more involved. i have elfrid payton listed as out, 3rd game now, and can't put him on reserve to sign someone else, so one bench slot could help.
    We'll see if people want to make things more complex first. I'll need to see 15 yay votes and that might be unattainable.

In terms of extra spots, we're all in the same boat. I didn't have Barnes to start the year and by the time he received injury status he was coming back in a few days. If we added one spot then everyone would get one spot and you'd still be at a disadvantage when a guy gets hurt and can't go to IR.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X