• Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...ints-league-s2

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Ok, so I renewed and sent a league email asking people to chime in on whether we continue and also about revisions.

I'd like to know what worked and what didn't. Just remember the goal of this league was to have it so that it was more leisure and friendly to all. This was to be our answer to those who didn't want to join the hardcore league and those who wanted more action but not a lot of work.
    Season 1 isn't linking up on the league page for some reason: https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/2018/773
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Oct 3, 2019, 07:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    id probably be interested in another round.

to me the positives were having such a large number of teams was nice and not having to set daily lineups...AND watching how teams spent their auction money. whether all on one Kevin Durant or spread evenly on mid level guys

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    So this league is done-for?
    Well, it auto renewed and then I manually deleted it but that doesn't mean it has to be over. lol

I was planning on striking up a conversation about the league in here and then totally forgot to do so today. So thanks for the reminder.

Do we want it to continue? If so, where was it lacking? Did it feel too streamlined? Do we want to make changes?

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    So this league is done-for?

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    It was fun, I was surprised to get third considering the level of bball knowledge with this crew. I would like to see the change in scoring to make bigs less important. I would also like to see the waiver claim shortened. It would be nice to get the player the same day you find out your existing player is injured. It would also be nice to have a bench for load management players.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Congrats! It was an accomplishment just to make the playoffs, let alone take it all. Bravo!

Do we want to continue this, that's the next question. I will expand the playoffs to the max if we do. (that's probably 12 teams with the top team teams drawing a bye in round one).

Like I asked before, if we do continue, what needs to be improved?

Leave a comment:

• skywalker
    replied
    I am pretty honoured to be winning a ring in a league that is 20 teams deep.

Thank you gentlemen. It was fun!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Some takeaways from the first season:
    1. Fix the playoffs to include at least eight teams (my bad, something happened with the settings, it was supposed to be eight)
    2. Some people want me to rejig the scoring to favor guards more.
    3. Anything else?
    And maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here. Do we want to continue on to Season 2? Was this just an experiment or are we on to something here? I think the excitement level would be much higher now with a large playoff bracket in place.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Tight race for that final playoff spot between Koncept, Coach and Trex. Unless both Koncept and Coach lose, Trex is out because he can't win the tiebreaker. If Koncept and Coach win, Coach needs to outscore Koncept 8 points to win the tie breaker. That's possibly but right now it's not trending that way.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The top twenty:
    1. Davis - C
    2. Harden - G
    3. Giannis - F
    4. Westbrook - G
    5. Embiid - C
    6. James - F
    7. George - F
    8. Durant - F
    9. Jokic - C
    10. Towns - C
    11. Leonard - F
    12. Drummond - C
    13. Vucevic - C
    14. Curry - G
    15. Beal - G
    16. Irving - G
    17. Holiday - G
    18. Lillard - G
    19. Griffin - F
    20. Simmons - G

Six centers in the top 20. Nine cat has six in the top 20.
    Last edited by Apollo; Sun Feb 24, 2019, 01:39 PM. Reason: Correcting a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    Again just bringing up how it’s appearing the C position is at a huge advantage in this league:

Skywalker has over 100 points more than the person in 2nd in this league. 7/10 of his active players play the pure C position and 8/10if you include the recently injured WCJr. Not even PF/C. Just C. His best player is Nikola Vucevic and this team is lighting guys up on the daily.

Drummond and Vuc both average more than Curry, Beal, Lillard, Kyrie, Doncic, Butler and CP3

19/50 top players play the C position, and that’s not including PF/C.

It’s an enjoyable league but I think there’s a couple tweaks that need to be made.

Also it looks like a lot of teams are disengaged, so while I’m not sure what could fix that(though the expanded playoff seeding could help), maybe something could be done there as well

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I think if I didn't somehow screw up the playoff settings when I rolled over the settings from the test run, the league wouldn't feel nearly as small. I'm in 3rd place right now and I'm sweating it a little because I don't know if I'm gonna make it if I have a couple consecutive losses.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Well it would work similar to fantasy football. You'll need to set you lineup for the following week by x day. You may make roster moves but they cannot be inserted into the lineup during the ongoing week because the deadline to set lineups would have passed.
    Yea this is what I assumed. I would be down for this. At least its something that needs to be done once a week.

Not sure if we have too many owners or not... the bottom 1/4 of the league doesnt have much interest to make moves.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    I like the weekly lineup idea. I've never been a part of a league like that, not sure how it works exactly but seems pretty straight forward from what i know.
    Well it would work similar to fantasy football. You'll need to set you lineup for the following week by x day. You may make roster moves but they cannot be inserted into the lineup during the ongoing week because the deadline to set lineups would have passed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X