Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Mack North Wins RR Dynasty League S7!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    I'm tranquil. I'm just pointing out some legit bullshit. Give me all your nominations in one post, I'd like to move on from saltgate. Luckily I haven't been impeached from my high paying job here as volunteer fantasyf awards nominee clerk.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    remain calm. no ones dissing your list. its a good start, lets others add to it. theres no conspiracy here. this argument has gone on too long. lets keep draymond but ill nominate Ben Simmons to the all disappoint list considering he was ranked top 15 but dropped further than D-money. ill add more this week.
    Last edited by koncept; Thu Apr 11th, 2019, 05:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    koncept wrote: View Post
    my nose? the salt smell is real. stay salty my friend lol
    you're the one coming across salty here. Reread your posts. I took the time to gather the awards again, figure out past winners and then search through this year and pull out some candidates from various categories. That took a lot of time and all you can do is bitch and moan about your conspiracy theories. You must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    dude I've added some. more will add some, thats the point. you're making it a closed ballot. let it grow.... i can't put down a guy for all the awards because you've filled most already on your premade candidate list. for the most part nothing wrong with as awards like exec and so on look fine
    Last edited by koncept; Thu Apr 11th, 2019, 05:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    koncept wrote:
    what is the nose comment supposed to mean?
    You posted about what your smelling. I think you should ponder where your nose is located.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Koncept, my stance is put up or shut up. This is something we work together on although you've opted to bitch instead of contribute. It's an open ballot, not a closed one.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    my nose? the salt smell is real. stay salty my friend lol

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    I think you may need to re-read my response. I never said that you made votes, you're just listing off all the candidates, and making biased exclusions or inclusions like Draymond that I listed. You have Ben Simmons preranked 14 and ranked 69 end of year and you're trying to include Draymond ranked 31 to 61 as one of your TWO candidates for disappoint of the year? you may as well include your own 2 way worse ranked players on that list before just having a 2 man list with one of my own players. Draymonds numbers aren't flashy in PTS or anything in particular but its overlooked by owners like you if its not dropping 20 PTs. thats all i have left to say on this.

This is much more fun as a communal candidate selection process like it was last year. keep it democratic.
    Last edited by koncept; Thu Apr 11th, 2019, 05:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    One more thing. Koncept get your nose fixed. lol

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Easy there cowboy. What I listed aren't votes, they're candidates. I clearly asked for input to make it better but that meant more candidates and not as much a critique of those I put in; although that's fair game too. We have up to nine options in a poll, I think. I put in some obvious candidates, not the only candidates. Maybe you should spend some time contributing so you can put your mind at ease?

Dray did have a very disappointing season. It's doesn't matter how he ended up on your roster. I picked well established guys who fell short and I avoided guys who were out for the season because of injury. That is how we did it in the past as well. Zinger's leg exploded... Last season. Hard to fault him for that. Rankings aren't always perfect. Anyway, if you feel Ben or Porzingis are guys for the list then put them down and why not put a guy down for ALL the awards? That would be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    maybe we should have people add their votes to the list like last year instead of working off Apollos as its pretty biased and subjective to have one person make most the nominees. ITs the end of season, we dont have any fantasy for a while, this is supposed to be an offseason time killer instead Apollo rushing out a list with all his candidates? I think i smell some saltiness with the exclusion off the nominee list after ousting my conference rival Apollo in 2 different playoff leagues this year!!

Point in case - Dissapoint of the year Apollo started off his baseline list with Draymond green? Did i draft draymond or spend 200$ faab on him this year or something? He went from 31 average Yahoo prediction to 61. theres some drop-off we all expected due to aging, hardly disappoint of the year. I vote to remove Draymonds 31 to 61 avg and add both Kristaps Porzingis' disappoint of 159 avg to 574 end of year or EVEN better Ben Simmons 14 season rank to 68. You could easily sort Yahoo's O-rank list and find much better candidates..

I'd also like to nominate Mitchell Robinson to the best draft pick up for the year running. His end of season yahoo fantasy ranking average was 47 behind Aytons rank of 35 and ahead of Doncic and Young (who had great seasons and are all the real ROYs)
    Last edited by koncept; Thu Apr 11th, 2019, 03:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. There are only a few guys in the top 100 who are there because of a handful of junk games. The rest played most of the season. It's still a fairly good gauge of their impact when healthy, which was my point. A better way to have blocked Nance from winning the award would have been to not let him hit free agency to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    You're welcome, I like these awards and Miek doesn't seem to want to continue carrying the torch I passed him last year. He pulled a Magic Johnson.

Anyway, lobby away Joey. That's part of the fun of these things. You'll get another shot in the voting thread too. I do need to rebut what you said though. "Actual rankings" are determined mostly by volumes with exception to the shooting stats, so seven of nine cats are volumes/totals in "actual rankings". They are important but they do not tell the whole story... If this were a roto league where every stat you had last week directly impacts in a big way if you're going to win the league then I'd agree with you but this is a "one win" league. What happened last week doesn't matter at all unless you're on the fringe for a playoff seed.

Case in point: Who's more valuable: Brook Lopez or Russell Westbrook? Brook was top 20 in volume, nine spots higher than Russ. When taking into consideration Russ missed a few games its no wonder Brook passed him by but on average Russ is ranked higher than Brook. We both know you're taking Russ over Brook even though Brook is ranked higher than Russ in "actual rankings".
    Jakarr Sampson (who?!) is ranked 17th in the league using those same Average Rankings ... that's pretty much all that needs to be said. Lol

But it's fine, I get that it made Nance look better. Haha jk

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Slightly relevant; Yahoo and NBA did their own Fantasy Awards ...

https://basketball.fantasysports.yah...nba/nba_awards

Harden won Fantasy MVP

Vucevic won Sleeper of the Year

Siakam won Pick-Up of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

Thanks for doing these by the way Apollo!

And not sure what you mean by "Volume" .. it's the "Actual Ranking", per Yahoo, which I would argue is far more relevant than ranking based on average, but their your awards, so just my 2-cents. Lol

But since I'm lobbying for Harrell, I'd rather Harrells stats playing 81 games over the length of the season (44th overall), rather than Nances stats over 67 games (71st overall). Someone could average good stats for 10 games, and be ranked in the Top 10 for Average Rankings.
    You're welcome, I like these awards and Miek doesn't seem to want to continue carrying the torch I passed him last year. He pulled a Magic Johnson.

Anyway, lobby away Joey. That's part of the fun of these things. You'll get another shot in the voting thread too. I do need to rebut what you said though. "Actual rankings" are determined mostly by volumes with exception to the shooting stats, so seven of nine cats are volumes/totals in "actual rankings". They are important but they do not tell the whole story... If this were a roto league where every stat you had last week directly impacts in a big way if you're going to win the league then I'd agree with you but this is a "one win" league. What happened last week doesn't matter at all unless you're on the fringe for a playoff seed.

Case in point: Who's more valuable: Brook Lopez or Russell Westbrook? Brook was top 20 in volume, nine spots higher than Russ. When taking into consideration Russ missed a few games its no wonder Brook passed him by but on average Russ is ranked higher than Brook. We both know you're taking Russ over Brook even though Brook is ranked higher than Russ in "actual rankings".
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Apr 10th, 2019, 11:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X