Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Mack North Wins RR Dynasty League S7!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apollo wrote: View Post
    Missing from Joey dominating teams who aren't trying to win and Mr. Bond being the latest to break Mack's heart is the fact that Tucas just totally obliterated Miek and now he is somehow 9th place; tied with the Lotto Slayer for eight seed.
    My line up is all inj and o. Tough tough week for me. Really thought i would be taking a week against tucass.

    Comment


    • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      My line up is all inj and o. Tough tough week for me. Really thought i would be taking a week against tucass.
      Oh well. Can't win 'em all.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • I did forget to set my lineups last week, but I got em set now.... anyways, I don't think I'll be online much the next few days, so you guys have a Merry Christmas.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

        Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

        Comment


        • Cody73 wrote: View Post
          I did forget to set my lineups last week, but I got em set now.... anyways, I don't think I'll be online much the next few days, so you guys have a Merry Christmas.
          A Merry Christmas to all!

          Comment


          • I think we talk about it every year, but should we put tanking rules in the cba? I remember ceez was tanking without setting lineups and when it was brought to the league's attention he quit.

            I don't mean to single out cody, just an idea. I tanked, but never forgot to set my lineups, i even played my "best" players those 2 years. I think it is on the tanking owner's opponent to notice, bring it to the commissioner's attention, but if it happens more than one day then it should be considered deliberate.

            Just wondering if a penalty system is worth the league's time to hammer out. If malicious tanking is something we want to get rid of.

            Comment


            • If a team misses setting their lineup once a week or once every other week it can tip the balance. With one button lineup setting, with everyone owning a phone and the Yahoo app widely available everyone should be able to set their lineups every week. Anyway, bah humbug to not setting lineups and Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

              Comment


              • The odd missed Monday, like once or twice a season is understandable, but with the set weekly lineup button being there there's really no reason Tuesday-Sunday shouldnt be set with ease. Just my 2 cents.

                Comment


                • RR OG

                  Comment


                  • James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                    The plain truth is this: If you can’t make certain that your line-ups are set for Monday-Sunday, you clearly aren’t meant to play in this league, because you can’t honour the minimum required commitment.
                    Your concerns have been heard Ballswin. I've been pushing this discussion for many seasons now, so it is not just now becoming an issue, and Cody is far from the first to be guilty of it. As I even mentioned earlier in the season, my missing a couple of days cost me a W against koncept. It happens. People have lives. So please ease up on the "you are meant to play in this league" stuff. We've had many seasons of relatively peaceful, civil discussions, and I would like to see that continue. Calling for people to be ousted from the league is not something I'd like to see continue.

                    Merry Christmas everyone!
                    Last edited by Joey; Tue Dec 25th, 2018, 03:01 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      I think we talk about it every year, but should we put tanking rules in the cba? I remember ceez was tanking without setting lineups and when it was brought to the league's attention he quit.

                      I don't mean to single out cody, just an idea. I tanked, but never forgot to set my lineups, i even played my "best" players those 2 years. I think it is on the tanking owner's opponent to notice, bring it to the commissioner's attention, but if it happens more than one day then it should be considered deliberate.

                      Just wondering if a penalty system is worth the league's time to hammer out. If malicious tanking is something we want to get rid of.
                      In my opinion, "malicious tanking" is not an issue though ... at least not any more of an issue than it was for the past however many seasons. Now that the bottom 3 all get the same odds for the #1 pick, I'm honestly not sure it's something we need to concern ourselves with at this time. Cody has been spoken to, and I've reminded the league almost on a weekly basis. It is what it is, and I'm not particularly interested in coming up with some grand punishment, for what could ultimately change nothing in the end. Not to mention squaring that with all the teams that potentially should have been punished in the past but were not, or giving W's to keep the Records square where days were missed .. Too complicated and too messy for my liking. That's just my opinion though.
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 24th, 2018, 09:44 PM.

                      Comment


                      • i dont have much input on this, but we tie our bottom 3 teams to the top 3 correct? what do u think about this proposed change... Any team not in the playoff is tied to the corresponding bottom 8 of the NBA. Whatever happens in the NBA draft lottery is where our chips fall as well. I mean why did we decide to stop at bottom 3? So the guy who won a few more games and is 4th last instantly loses value compared to those bottom 3. I think it'd add a bit more balance for bottom feeders not to completely tank knowing that they still have chances (although slimmer) and they can also try and compete to make regular season weekly matchups a bit more respectable. I mean how often do like the real life #7 or 8's win the 1 pick. Its rare but once every decade or it gets shaken it up. i think this will provide a minor incentive not to full on tank while also not shifting the balance TOO much as the bottom teams do need those lotto picks, in combination of other signings etc to improve.
                        Last edited by koncept; Mon Dec 24th, 2018, 10:37 PM.
                        in masai we trust

                        water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                        Comment


                        • koncept wrote: View Post
                          i dont have much input on this, but we tie our bottom 3 teams to the top 3 correct? what do u think about this proposed change... Any team not in the playoff is tied to the corresponding bottom 8 of the NBA. Whatever happens in the NBA draft lottery is where our chips fall as well. I mean why did we decide to stop at bottom 3? So the guy who won a few more games and is 4th last instantly loses value compared to those bottom 3. I think it'd add a bit more balance for bottom feeders not to completely tank knowing that they still have chances (although slimmer) and they can also try and compete to make regular season weekly matchups a bit more respectable. I mean how often do like the real life #7 or 8's win the 1 pick. Its rare but once every decade or it gets shaken it up. i think this will provide a minor incentive not to full on tank while also not shifting the balance TOO much as the bottom teams do need those lotto picks, in combination of other signings etc to improve.
                          It's already for the entire Lottery. All teams in the Fantasy Lottery (bottom 8) are linked to the Bottom 8 NBA Clubs (Top 8 in NBA Lottery). I was only saying "Bottom 3" because of the NBA's new rules, where the Bottom 3 teams have equal odds at receiving the #1 pick.

                          Comment


                          • So if the Cleveland Cavaliers have 8th best chances this year and win it, the 8th lowest team in our league wins the #1 pick?
                            Last edited by koncept; Tue Dec 25th, 2018, 02:19 AM.
                            in masai we trust

                            water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                            Comment


                            • koncept wrote: View Post
                              So if the Cleveland Cavaliers have 8th best chances this year and win it, the 8th lowest team in our league wins the #1 pick?
                              Yep!

                              Comment


                              • Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Missing from Joey dominating teams who aren't trying to win and Mr. Bond being the latest to break Mack's heart is the fact that Tucas just totally obliterated Miek and now he is somehow 9th place; tied with the Lotto Slayer for eight seed.
                                Last edited by tucas; Tue Dec 25th, 2018, 08:22 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X