This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    Coachey still don't have them lineups set. It's been a constant issue, we should come to some sort of resolution as to what happens to repeat offenders.
    Axel wrote: View Post
    I firmly believe that the impact should be on lotto slot, cap, and auction.

Drop a slot or two.
    Cap penalty of a few years of dead space.
    Reduced auction budget.
    Ya, I've been thinking about this alot lately since you proposed this Axel ... here is what I'm proposing to the League for formal consideration:

1st Warning: Auction Budget hit of $50 (or something).
    2nd: Cap hit of 3 years (or something).
    3rd: Draft Position hit of 3 slots (I was initially leaning toward to drop to bottom of lottery, since this is 3rd warning, but then thought that might be extreme ... thoughts?).

I'd like to make the Draft punishment the final resort, as I think that is the most impactful. But could understand starting off with that as well ...
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 12th, 2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Ya, I've been thinking about this alot lately since you proposed this Axel ... here is what I'm proposing to the League for formal consideration:

3rd: Draft Position hit of 3 slots (I was initially leaning toward to drop to bottom of lottery, since this is 3rd warning, but then thought that might be extreme ... thoughts?).

I'd like to make the Draft punishment the final resort, as I think that is the most impactful. But could understand starting off with that as well ...
      I'd think since tanking is essentially a draft activity, might as well just use draft slots as punishment.

Just hit them with one slot each infraction. Don't set your lineups one week? Drop one slot after the lotto is done. Do it again? Drop 2. Miss lineup setting in 5 different weeks and you can't draft higher than 6th. Would be my idea.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Pretty sure I was at like 8th or 9th within the last few weeks. The projections are weak! No reason to be offended, unless it's actually you making the projections each week?!
        Oh, I'm not offended. I do enjoy seeing how it quantifies the sum of all our parts and then ranks it week over week. Your ranking isn't just based on you. It's based on what everyone else is doing too. Keep that in mind.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I firmly believe that the impact should be on lotto slot, cap, and auction.

Drop a slot or two.
          Cap penalty of a few years of dead space.
          Reduced auction budget.
          Depends on the cap. If it's a general rule for the whole league then I think the cap should be 16th pick. That cuts out any funny business across the board in one swoop.

A slot or two drop might not be that much of a penalty to a team dropping their win total way below capabilities. They still achieved getting a better pick.
          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Feb 12th, 2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

The benefit of tanking is directly tied to the draft. I'm not sure it sends a strong enough message to penalize them first with something unrelated to the draft. I think draft position should be #1 in the penalties if the aim is to stop people tanking for a better pick. Just pull the rug out from under them, drop them to 16; you'll see a big improvement.

Comment

Now does this go for Monday offenders vs full week offenders? I would imagine there would have to be a variation of punishments depending on the amount of days the lineups are not set?

I get that life gets in the way once in a while, but a lot of us take this league about as seriously as we can, so it's only fair to everyone to make sure lineups are set.

Do you, as a commish, have the authority to go into a teams lineup say every Monday and click the button to Start Lineup for Entire Week? Obviously you should not have to, but it would be a help.
              The Double Champ is here!
              Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
              Raptors: Larry O'Brien

Comment

• One more thing. Maybe they get so many warnings early in the season but ZERO tolerance in the final month or two when playoff seeding and lotto positioning starts coming into view.

Comment

• One last thing, I am not accusing Coach of tanking. I don't know what's up there.

Comment

• RR Dynasty League - Season 7!

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Depends on the cap. If it's a general rule for the whole league then I think the cap should be 16th pick. That cuts out any funny business across the board in one swoop.

A slot or two drop might not be that much of a penalty to a team dropping their win total way below capabilities. They still achieved getting a better pick.
                    Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Now does this go for Monday offenders vs full week offenders? I would imagine there would have to be a variation of punishments depending on the amount of days the lineups are not set?

I get that life gets in the way once in a while, but a lot of us take this league about as seriously as we can, so it's only fair to everyone to make sure lineups are set.

Do you, as a commish, have the authority to go into a teams lineup say every Monday and click the button to Start Lineup for Entire Week? Obviously you should not have to, but it would be a help.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• That's an interesting idea, Axel. I like it but I do still think the first penalty warranted after a threshold is met should be directly tied to the draft. A new team owner coming in shouldn't be hampered with a penalty levied against someone else but likewise that new owner shouldn't benefit from the spoils of broken league rules (which directly impacted everyone drafting after that particular pick).

One more thing, whatever you decide, in my opinion anyway it shouldn't be carried out on Coach right now. You should implement something and then any violations thereafter should be enforced.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        That's an interesting idea, Axel. I like it but I do still think the first penalty warranted after a threshold is met should be directly tied to the draft. A new team owner coming in shouldn't be hampered with a penalty levied against someone else but likewise that new owner shouldn't benefit from the spoils of broken league rules (which directly impacted everyone drafting after that particular pick).

One more thing, whatever you decide, in my opinion anyway it shouldn't be carried out on Coach right now. You should implement something and then any violations thereafter should be enforced.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I listened to Fake News Yahoo.. they said he has no timetable for a return and things dont look good for this season.
                          There's been a development:

If he produces enough to crack the top 100 for the next couple seasons I'll be satisfied with the signing. I think that's a reasonable expectation.

Comment

• There's absolutely no good reason to play him before the break. What does another week do other than get him healthier?

Also, I will not put much stock into Yahoo reports going forward. They said he still has no timetable so I dropped him and the next day the reports of his timetable came out.
                            The Double Champ is here!
                            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

Comment

• Yeah, that timing does suck. It's the Nuggets fault really for being so secretive. I mean even after the timetable came out the Nuggets denied it was real. Now the time is upon us and he's been upgraded to questionable. They're just playing games.

Comment

• Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Comment

Working...
                                X