Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Mack North Wins RR Dynasty League S7!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    JV with a monster 23 and 10 line last night - ON COACH’s BENCH.

Motion to institute immediate penalty.

Another possible solution- any team found to be in violation in a given week, has an auto W for that week when we calculate the lotto.
    One other issue to consider with this is playoff implications. It would suck to miss the playoffs by a game knowing that one of those losses was to a team who later became inactive and essentially gave another team competing for that seed a W.

This was why I suggested zero tolerance in the last month or two. It takes very little time to start players for multiple weeks now that it's done each week by a button press.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      One other issue to consider with this is playoff implications. It would suck to miss the playoffs by a game knowing that one of those losses was to a team who later became inactive and essentially gave another team competing for that seed a W.

This was why I suggested zero tolerance in the last month or two. It takes very little time to start players for multiple weeks now that it's done each when by a button press.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Furthermore, you could set your lineups fpr the rest of the season if you know you're not making any moves.

Comment

I don’t think we can touch any playoff implications but honestly, if there was a situation where that happened, I would think that is a league ownership situation where we would have to consider removing ownership.

Thankfully, I don’t think that is likely, especially since the bottom 5 are still quite a ways back behind the playoff race participants.

My issue with the focus on the last two months is that a team could impact the standings just as easily during the rest of the season. I don’t think we should apply timeline when considering penalty.
          I'm not suggesting to touch the playoffs, I'm suggesting that starting next season the penalties be more of the nuclear variety for inactivity in the last month.

Personally, if I wanted to game the system with some of these penalties you and Joey are suggesting then I'd start my aggressive bid for a higher pick in the last month where I'm unlikely to generate enough attention or heat to rack up a hefty penalty.

Teams out of the playoff hunt can have a big impact on the playoffs. For example Drizz has wins against both Joey and WJF. Both those guys are battling for eight seed. If he started dogging it in week 15 then Joey wouldn't have a chance at making it because he'd be two games down right now.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            Furthermore, you could set your lineups fpr the rest of the season if you know you're not making any moves.
            I don't go to this extent but I always set 2-3 weeks each week in case I miss one.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don’t think we can touch any playoff implications but honestly, if there was a situation where that happened, I would think that is a league ownership situation where we would have to consider removing ownership.

Thankfully, I don’t think that is likely, especially since the bottom 5 are still quite a ways back behind the playoff race participants.

My issue with the focus on the last two months is that a team could impact the standings just as easily during the rest of the season. I don’t think we should apply timeline when considering penalty.
              Agreed. Whether it happens in Week 3 or in Week 20, the outcome would be the same.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                Agreed. Whether it happens in Week 3 or in Week 20, the outcome would be the same.
                Indeed it is always important but what I'm telling you guys is that if someone tanks wisely they'll fly under the radar until near the end of the season and then pull some funny business for lotto positioning. A month or so out things are a lot clearer and they also have close to a full season of not being on the shit list for not setting lineups. They can then strategically not set at times to lose games against lotto rivals. They can do it atleast two times under Joey's rules without affecting their pick. That's two Fridays(ie: full game slates) of not putting guys in or in other words two losses against other teams jockeying for lotto positioning.

Comment

Indeed it is always important but what I'm telling you guys is that if someone tanks wisely they'll fly under the radar until near the end of the season and then pull some funny business for lotto positioning. A month or so out things are a lot clearer and they also have close to a full season of not being on the shit list for not setting lineups. They can then strategically not set at times to lose games against lotto rivals. They can do it atleast two times under Joey's rules without affecting their pick. That's two Fridays(ie: full game slates) of not putting guys in or in other words two losses against other teams jockeying for lotto positioning.
                  The thing is, I'm not sure we have any nefarious scheming tankers as you describe.
                  Even with Coach I'd be shocked if this was anything more then him just knowing he's not competitive and losing interest (ala Ceez). In which case, a nudge via some Budget/Auction implications could motivate someone, or push them out the door (ala Ceez); either way, doing so without truly ruining the one tool bad teams (or new owners) have to rebuild properly.

But I'm open. If the majority agree, then I'm game.

But ya, no sense putting timelines on it ... a missed lineup is a missed lineup.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    The thing is, I'm not sure we have any nefarious scheming tankers as you describe.
                    Even with Coach I'd be shocked if this was anything more then him just knowing he's not competitive and losing interest (ala Ceez). In which case, a nudge via some Budget/Auction implications could motivate someone, or push them out the door (ala Ceez); either way, doing so without truly ruining the one tool bad teams (or new owners) have to rebuild properly.

But I'm open. If the majority agree, then I'm game.

But ya, no sense putting timelines on it ... a missed lineup is a missed lineup.
                    I don't think we have any nefarious tankers either and I'm not saying Coach is intentionally tanking and I've gone to bat here for him suggesting you guys not retroactively penalize him with this new stuff but if you're putting in rules then why not just take care of the most likely problems the first time around?

I have three weeks left and two of them against lotto teams. If I was sitting right now at four wins I could easily tank my game against Miek(who has four wins) and come out of that with better lotto odds and a $50 slap on the wrists. If my team only has four wins I think I can live without $50 FAAB considering there are a bunch of really good prospects who go for less than $10. I've landed top 100 guys for a buck.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I don't think we have any nefarious tankers either and I'm not saying Coach is intentionally tanking and I've gone to bat here for him suggesting you guys not retroactively penalize him with this new stuff but if you're putting in rules then why not just take care of the most likely problems the first time around?

I have three weeks left and two of them against lotto teams. If I was sitting right now at four wins I could easily tank my game against Miek(who has four wins) and come out of that with better lotto odds and a $50 slap on the wrists. If my team only has four wins I think I can live without $50 FAAB considering there are a bunch of really good prospects who go for less than $10. I've landed top 100 guys for a buck.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• His last login on here was Feb 8 so he should have seen the warning/previous discussion from last week or whenever it was.

I don't want to make it about The Coach, but it seems he is the constant violator.

I know it will never be me in that situation, so I'm good with stern penalties, whatever they may be.

Comment

Because as I said, if you happen to miss your lineups one week, for whatever accidental reason, I'm not sure you would be ok with your draft pick getting knocked, just because life got in the way. I'd rather a system that gives the owners the benefit of the doubt, and doesn't jump to the most extreme punishment for a one-off thing. But again, that could just be me.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Well again, the situation you describe here is pretty blatant and "nefarious" to me, in that it's completely premeditated, and willful. I don't think we have anyone that would actually do that. Do you?

But again, I merely suggested $50 as a conversation starter. You'll note that I included "or something" with it.

Comment

Because as I said, if you happen to miss your lineups one week, for whatever accidental reason, I'm not sure you would be ok with your draft pick getting knocked, just because life got in the way. I'd rather a system that gives the owners the benefit of the doubt, and doesn't jump to the most extreme punishment for a one-off thing. But again, that could just be me.

Well again, the situation you describe here is pretty blatant and "nefarious" to me, in that it's completely premeditated, and willful. I don't think we have anyone that would actually do that. Do you?

But again, I merely suggested $50 as a conversation starter. You'll note that I included "or something" with it.
                            Joey, I think nefarious is a strong word. Many people have missed setting a day here or there. It wouldn't be hard to do intentionally without telegraphing intent. A WW claim and then not reset the lineups would do the trick.

And again, I am only talking about the last month of the regular season. A few people now mentioned how it only takes minutes to set a many weeks out and that's locked in then unless a WW transaction occurs. It's pretty simple to do avoid getting nailed with it.

Ok, whatever you guys decide. I'll move on. Similar to what Mack said: I'm never going to be on the receiving end.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Joey, I think nefarious is a strong word. Many people have missed setting a day here or there. It wouldn't be hard to do intentionally without telegraphing intent. A WW claim and then not reset the lineups would do the trick.

And again, I am only talking about the last month of the regular season. A few people now mentioned how it only takes minutes to set a many weeks out and that's locked in then unless a WW transaction occurs. It's pretty simple to do avoid getting nailed with it.

Ok, whatever you guys decide. I'll move on. Similar to what Mack said: I'm never going to be on the receiving end.
                              And these are very fair points. It's not "whatever we decide". I've tabled this to the league for discussion, and am just looking to understand people's opinions as commissioner; while also explaining my own as a manager.

So just so I'm clear, you're in the boat that for a 1st warning/offense/infraction whatever, the respective pick should immediately be knocked down?

Comment

And these are very fair points. It's not "whatever we decide". I've tabled this to the league for discussion, and am just looking to understand people's opinions as commissioner; while also explaining my own as a manager.

So just so I'm clear, you're in the boat that for a 1st warning/offense/infraction whatever, the respective pick should immediately be knocked down?

Comment

Working...
                                X