Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd go in the middle. 1st strike is FAAB$, 2nd and each subsequent violation you lose a draft position. If there are 3 of those you lose the pick.
    The Double Champ is here!
    Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
    Raptors: Larry O'Brien

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I’m not a fan of a 3 strike system. I think that if ample warnings have been given including a “final warning”, then all penalties should take immediate affect.
      That's not the scenario being discussed though, I don't think. I'm talking 1st Warning AS 1st Strike.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        I'd go in the middle. 1st strike is FAAB$, 2nd and each subsequent violation you lose a draft position. If there are 3 of those you lose the pick.
        This is reasonable middle ground I'd say. Maybe even FAAB$ and Cap Weight for 1st Strike. Then start dropping slots.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          This is reasonable middle ground I'd say. Maybe even FAAB$ and Cap Weight for 1st Strike. Then start dropping slots.
          True.

What constitutes a "strike"? Is it one missed day of setting lineups? What happens if you dont set them for 3 days straight or even a week?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            True.

What constitutes a "strike"? Is it one missed day of setting lineups? What happens if you dont set them for 3 days straight or even a week?
            Great questions. I don't have the answer. I guess that's really what I'm trying to figure out.
            I guess for simplicity's sake, missing a day is the same as missing the week?

Comment

• Also, what if a team doesn't have a Draft Pick, but doesn't set their lineups for whatever reason?

Comment

• It's a real slippery slope when it comes to figuring out when the penalty should be enforced.

I would hate to get dinged if I somehow missed a Monday lineup setting AND it affected my playoff seed position. I think other contenders would be pissed as well, but it would be good to figure it all out soon.

It would be nice to hear from the other 60% of the league!

Comment

And these are very fair points. It's not "whatever we decide". I've tabled this to the league for discussion, and am just looking to understand people's opinions as commissioner; while also explaining my own as a manager.

So just so I'm clear, you're in the boat that for a 1st warning/offense/infraction whatever, the respective pick should immediately be knocked down?
                  Well maybe I should back up a little first. What's considered a violation? A team clearly playing to win shouldn't be dinged for sitting a few guys on a Sunday to win FG% for example.

I think from weeks 1 to 16 the first infraction should be a verbal warning. After that, I'm open to different ideas but I like the idea of it being tied to the draft if that particular team lands inside the lotto. If the team is not then perhaps it should be something else... So going this route you wouldn't know the exact punishment until the season plays out. Extreme cases would get the boot before that point anyway.

Weeks 17 to 21( the last four regular season games) we should all receive a verbal warning right out of the gate as a reminder and the first violation then has draft implications to lotto teams or something else to others.

Joey wrote: View Post
                  Also, what if a team doesn't have a Draft Pick, but doesn't set their lineups for whatever reason?
                  At that moment they won't have a pick but by the off-season they will have a pick even if its a few seasons out.

Also, if the team does get the boot we could then offer compensatory draft picks to the inbound owner(ie: 17th overall pick, 18th overall pick, etc. depending on how badly the previous owner got nailed).

Joey wrote: View Post
                  Great questions. I don't have the answer. I guess that's really what I'm trying to figure out.
                  I guess for simplicity's sake, missing a day is the same as missing the week?
                  It only takes one day to derail a team. We could say the lesser of two days or three active benched players. Something like that. These are arbitrary numbers. Just tossing out ideas and the numbers could be worked over then.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• By the way, Isaiah Thomas debuts for the Creeds tonight. I'm not expecting big things until next season and so this is all a bonus.

Comment

• I like dropping spots in the draft. Private ratting by opponents, private warnings, public warnings, final warning, one spot, one spot, one spot, one spot. Worst you can get is 16th.

Comment

• I really like the idea Axel floated earlier in the thread about a cap penalty that deteriorates over time. Dropping spots in the draft also makes sense, as the people not setting their lineups would most likely be non-playoff teams.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Obscure line of the season?

Jordan Clarkson with 42 points, 7 treys, 8 boards, and 5 assists (with 1 steal and 1 block) in a triple OT loss.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Obscure line of the season?

Jordan Clarkson with 42 points, 7 treys, 8 boards, and 5 assists (with 1 steal and 1 block) in a triple OT loss.
                            Not bad. Harden does that in 3 quarters. Lol

Comment

• Comment

Not bad. Harden does that in 3 quarters. Lol
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X