Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Mack North Wins RR Dynasty League S7!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tucas wrote: View Post
    What’s stopping someone from just trading their pick away if they start dropping in the draft? Would the pick go back to it’s rightful spot? Or are you also penalizing the team that trades for it?

What if they’ve already traded their pick ala me? What would my punishment be if I just stopped setting my lineups?

Tbh I think there’s too many variables when moving picks around. I think auction draft dollars or just removal from the league are safer options tbh. I get they don’t directly correlate, but it makes more sense imo.
    Some solid points, but removal from the league is obviously absolute last resort, and not something I'd want to do.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      What’s stopping someone from just trading their pick away if they start dropping in the draft? Would the pick go back to it’s rightful spot? Or are you also penalizing the team that trades for it?

What if they’ve already traded their pick ala me? What would my punishment be if I just stopped setting my lineups?
      Penalize the pick they currently hold, which would be 2020 in this hypothetical case or 2021 if they no longer hold a 2020 pick. They will always have a pick come the off-season. Also if they receive the pick penalty stage we could implement a rule that all their picks are locked from being traded until they come off a probationary period. Pick Police always get their man.
      Last edited by Apollo; Thu Feb 14th, 2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Jonathan Isaac is in the middle of a breakout. Ranked 21st in the last 30 days. He's gonna be really good and I'm glad I resisted the temptation to deal him for some older established dudes.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Jonathan Isaac is in the middle of a breakout. Ranked 21st in the last 30 days. He's gonna be really good and I'm glad I resisted the temptation to deal him for some older established dudes.
          I see Lauri Markkanen is 11th in the last 30 days, great pickup by Skywalker. I really had a hard time giving him up(even though I wasn't quite expecting his current numbers coming off injury) but I'm glad to have Horford, Griffin and Ariza this season for my push. My team is putting up some very strong numbers since the return of CP3, I still like my chances.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            I see Lauri Markkanen is 11th in the last 30 days, great pickup by Skywalker. I really had a hard time giving him up(even though I wasn't quite expecting his current numbers coming off injury) but I'm glad to have Horford, Griffin and Ariza this season for my push. My team is putting up some very strong numbers since the return of CP3, I still like my chances.
            Yeah, The Finnisher is a good player and no doubt will improve. Skywalker unloaded a boat load of big time talent but he looks to be building from the ground up the right way. I'm interested to see what he does with those seven draft picks in the next two classes. Will he go my favorite path (wheelin' & dealin') or will he commit to using the picks and following "the Process"?

Comment

• This is a great discussion to have. Obviously peoples seedings/picks are at stake.

I consider myself a fairly active owner, but in daily pockets of time that are available to me. I have a specific question about Game time Decision changes. At the very least I hit the Set for the week every Sunday and then day to day I tweak what's available at least once a day for the most part. Sometimes I can't do this until 1-2am, and sometimes Im unable to check in on game time decisions. Lets say for example its Wednesday night with 13 players on my team, 10 slots to play them in and i have 4 guys who game time decisions.... I cant always check game time decisions if Hezonja gets a start over FVV etc last minute. do these qualify as penalties? For the most part I catch them, but some are so tricky if you're work doesn't allow you to the opportunity to check GTD's. that being said i don't think I've missed any this season, but these freak occurrences can happen.

I think something along the lines of Mack's proposition sounds fair.
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• There's a lot of different scenarios and circumstances that are coming up that raise good questions. I'm wondering if we can maybe create 3 or 4 sets of options to penalize or not penalize, then create a private poll so that the 16 owners can vote what they think is best and we go with the majority?

Comment

• To answer these questions I think we need to identify what the expectation is on competitors in this league. On a scale of one to ten how competitive do we want this to be? To me, it sounds like most want this to be really competitive.

From there we will know what is "reasonable" to expect from each person. For me, I'm a morning and night checker and so it's rare that something slips by me and when it does it's of the game time variety. I can't guarantee I'll always get it right. I can guarantee that I can press that set lineups for the week button every week at the very least and I think the problem initially raised was around people not pressing the button. If everyone was pressing the button I don't think we'd be discussing anything.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Fri Feb 15th, 2019, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Jonathan Isaac is in the middle of a breakout. Ranked 21st in the last 30 days. He's gonna be really good and I'm glad I resisted the temptation to deal him for some older established dudes.
                    Isaac is now ranked 11th in the last 30 days. I think he's going to be a good one.

Comment

• RR OG

Comment

• Power rankings update:

Changes:
                        - 007 (-)
                        - Axel (+1%)
                        - Koncept (-)
                        - Mack (-)
                        ^ jbml (-)
                        v Joey (-2%)
                        - WJF (-2%)
                        - Apollo (+2%)

Comment

• Just noticed I can't see the image on my PC browser for some reason. Is anyone else having that problem?
                          007 - 100%, Axel - 98%, Koncept - 90%, Mack - 84%, jbml - 81%, Joey - 81%, WJF - 76%, Apollo - 76%,
                          Drizz - 73%, Miek - 57%, Dan - 56%, Coach - 53%, Cody - 51%, Tucas - 45% & Skywalker - 43%.

Oh if only I went after Skywalker's pick last year when it was worth a fraction of what it is right now.

Comment

• Speaking of the draft, if it all ended today, and the lotto were determined based on the standings, 10 out of the 16 picks would go to three teams and the draft order would be:
                            1. Cody
                            2. Coach
                            3. Dan(Miek)
                            4. Coach(Skywalker)
                            5. Dan
                            6. Coach(Tucas)
                            7. Drizz
                            8. Skywalker(Joey)
                            9. WJF
                            10. jbml
                            11. Coach(Realizar)
                            12. Dan(Apollo)
                            13. Skywalker(Mack)
                            14. Koncept
                            15. Skywalker(Axel)
                            16. 007

Right now seven teams have sold out of the draft. Not much confidence in this class.

Comment

Speaking of the draft, if it all ended today, and the lotto were determined based on the standings, 10 out of the 16 picks would go to three teams and the draft order would be:
                              1. Cody
                              2. Coach
                              3. Dan(Miek)
                              4. Coach(Skywalker)
                              5. Dan
                              6. Coach(Tucas)
                              7. Drizz
                              8. Skywalker(Joey)
                              9. WJF
                              10. jbml
                              11. Coach(Realizar)
                              12. Dan(Apollo)
                              13. Skywalker(Mack)
                              14. Koncept
                              15. Skywalker(Axel)
                              16. 007

Right now seven teams have sold out of the draft. Not much confidence in this class.

Comment

• Miek owns my pick as well
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X