Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mack North Wins RR Dynasty League S7!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Montrezl Harrell for Bid Caller. Finished Ranked 44th Overall on the Season, and I got him for $56.

    Comment


    • Not to get anyone confused by Joey's post, he's 44th overall in volume, 76th overall in average. All the numbers mentioned above in my post are averages. I'm not saying volumes aren't important, its just that my post was long enough without putting every perspective in there.

      Edit: Harrell is on the ballot now.
      Last edited by Apollo; Wed Apr 10th, 2019, 10:37 AM.

      Comment


      • Apollo wrote: View Post
        Not to get anyone confused by Joey's post, he's 44th overall in volume, 76th overall in average. All the numbers mentioned above in my post are averages. I'm not saying volumes aren't important, its just that my post was long enough without putting every perspective in there.

        Edit: Harrell is on the ballot now.
        Thanks for doing these by the way Apollo!

        And not sure what you mean by "Volume" .. it's the "Actual Ranking", per Yahoo, which I would argue is far more relevant than ranking based on average, but their your awards, so just my 2-cents. Lol

        But since I'm lobbying for Harrell, I'd rather Harrells stats playing 81 games over the length of the season (44th overall), rather than Nances stats over 67 games (71st overall). Someone could average good stats for 10 games, and be ranked in the Top 10 for Average Rankings.

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post

          Thanks for doing these by the way Apollo!

          And not sure what you mean by "Volume" .. it's the "Actual Ranking", per Yahoo, which I would argue is far more relevant than ranking based on average, but their your awards, so just my 2-cents. Lol

          But since I'm lobbying for Harrell, I'd rather Harrells stats playing 81 games over the length of the season (44th overall), rather than Nances stats over 67 games (71st overall). Someone could average good stats for 10 games, and be ranked in the Top 10 for Average Rankings.
          You're welcome, I like these awards and Miek doesn't seem to want to continue carrying the torch I passed him last year. He pulled a Magic Johnson.

          Anyway, lobby away Joey. That's part of the fun of these things. You'll get another shot in the voting thread too. I do need to rebut what you said though. "Actual rankings" are determined mostly by volumes with exception to the shooting stats, so seven of nine cats are volumes/totals in "actual rankings". They are important but they do not tell the whole story... If this were a roto league where every stat you had last week directly impacts in a big way if you're going to win the league then I'd agree with you but this is a "one win" league. What happened last week doesn't matter at all unless you're on the fringe for a playoff seed.

          Case in point: Who's more valuable: Brook Lopez or Russell Westbrook? Brook was top 20 in volume, nine spots higher than Russ. When taking into consideration Russ missed a few games its no wonder Brook passed him by but on average Russ is ranked higher than Brook. We both know you're taking Russ over Brook even though Brook is ranked higher than Russ in "actual rankings".
          Last edited by Apollo; Wed Apr 10th, 2019, 11:47 AM.

          Comment


          • Slightly relevant; Yahoo and NBA did their own Fantasy Awards ...

            https://basketball.fantasysports.yah...nba/nba_awards

            Harden won Fantasy MVP

            Vucevic won Sleeper of the Year

            Siakam won Pick-Up of the year.

            Comment


            • Apollo wrote: View Post
              You're welcome, I like these awards and Miek doesn't seem to want to continue carrying the torch I passed him last year. He pulled a Magic Johnson.

              Anyway, lobby away Joey. That's part of the fun of these things. You'll get another shot in the voting thread too. I do need to rebut what you said though. "Actual rankings" are determined mostly by volumes with exception to the shooting stats, so seven of nine cats are volumes/totals in "actual rankings". They are important but they do not tell the whole story... If this were a roto league where every stat you had last week directly impacts in a big way if you're going to win the league then I'd agree with you but this is a "one win" league. What happened last week doesn't matter at all unless you're on the fringe for a playoff seed.

              Case in point: Who's more valuable: Brook Lopez or Russell Westbrook? Brook was top 20 in volume, nine spots higher than Russ. When taking into consideration Russ missed a few games its no wonder Brook passed him by but on average Russ is ranked higher than Brook. We both know you're taking Russ over Brook even though Brook is ranked higher than Russ in "actual rankings".
              Jakarr Sampson (who?!) is ranked 17th in the league using those same Average Rankings ... that's pretty much all that needs to be said. Lol

              But it's fine, I get that it made Nance look better. Haha jk

              Comment


              • Yeah, yeah, yeah. There are only a few guys in the top 100 who are there because of a handful of junk games. The rest played most of the season. It's still a fairly good gauge of their impact when healthy, which was my point. A better way to have blocked Nance from winning the award would have been to not let him hit free agency to begin with.

                Comment


                • maybe we should have people add their votes to the list like last year instead of working off Apollos as its pretty biased and subjective to have one person make most the nominees. ITs the end of season, we dont have any fantasy for a while, this is supposed to be an offseason time killer instead Apollo rushing out a list with all his candidates? I think i smell some saltiness with the exclusion off the nominee list after ousting my conference rival Apollo in 2 different playoff leagues this year!!

                  Point in case - Dissapoint of the year Apollo started off his baseline list with Draymond green? Did i draft draymond or spend 200$ faab on him this year or something? He went from 31 average Yahoo prediction to 61. theres some drop-off we all expected due to aging, hardly disappoint of the year. I vote to remove Draymonds 31 to 61 avg and add both Kristaps Porzingis' disappoint of 159 avg to 574 end of year or EVEN better Ben Simmons 14 season rank to 68. You could easily sort Yahoo's O-rank list and find much better candidates..

                  I'd also like to nominate Mitchell Robinson to the best draft pick up for the year running. His end of season yahoo fantasy ranking average was 47 behind Aytons rank of 35 and ahead of Doncic and Young (who had great seasons and are all the real ROYs)
                  Last edited by koncept; Thu Apr 11th, 2019, 03:05 AM.
                  in masai we trust

                  water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                  Comment


                  • Easy there cowboy. What I listed aren't votes, they're candidates. I clearly asked for input to make it better but that meant more candidates and not as much a critique of those I put in; although that's fair game too. We have up to nine options in a poll, I think. I put in some obvious candidates, not the only candidates. Maybe you should spend some time contributing so you can put your mind at ease?

                    Dray did have a very disappointing season. It's doesn't matter how he ended up on your roster. I picked well established guys who fell short and I avoided guys who were out for the season because of injury. That is how we did it in the past as well. Zinger's leg exploded... Last season. Hard to fault him for that. Rankings aren't always perfect. Anyway, if you feel Ben or Porzingis are guys for the list then put them down and why not put a guy down for ALL the awards? That would be helpful.

                    Comment


                    • One more thing. Koncept get your nose fixed. lol

                      Comment


                      • I think you may need to re-read my response. I never said that you made votes, you're just listing off all the candidates, and making biased exclusions or inclusions like Draymond that I listed. You have Ben Simmons preranked 14 and ranked 69 end of year and you're trying to include Draymond ranked 31 to 61 as one of your TWO candidates for disappoint of the year? you may as well include your own 2 way worse ranked players on that list before just having a 2 man list with one of my own players. Draymonds numbers aren't flashy in PTS or anything in particular but its overlooked by owners like you if its not dropping 20 PTs. thats all i have left to say on this.

                        This is much more fun as a communal candidate selection process like it was last year. keep it democratic.
                        Last edited by koncept; Thu Apr 11th, 2019, 05:41 AM.
                        in masai we trust

                        water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                        Comment


                        • my nose? the salt smell is real. stay salty my friend lol
                          in masai we trust

                          water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                          Comment


                          • Koncept, my stance is put up or shut up. This is something we work together on although you've opted to bitch instead of contribute. It's an open ballot, not a closed one.

                            Comment


                            • koncept wrote:
                              what is the nose comment supposed to mean?
                              You posted about what your smelling. I think you should ponder where your nose is located.

                              Comment


                              • dude I've added some. more will add some, thats the point. you're making it a closed ballot. let it grow.... i can't put down a guy for all the awards because you've filled most already on your premade candidate list. for the most part nothing wrong with as awards like exec and so on look fine
                                Last edited by koncept; Thu Apr 11th, 2019, 05:38 AM.
                                in masai we trust

                                water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X