Welcome planetmars

Fair-well Cody73
    Ditto!
    The Double Champ is here!
    Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
    Raptors: Larry O'Brien

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Does Cody have his 2020 pick? The cap sheet is showing no picks for him, yet obviously he has a 2019 pick.
      I believe he does, but can't say for certain with the site change impacts altering posts.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Okay I scoured over the cap sheets for 2019 and 2018.. plus the season threads and I don't see any transaction where Cody gave up his 2020 pick.. phew...

With that said, I've made a decision and will keep the #3 pick in the 2019 draft.

With the #3 pick in the 2019 RR Dynasty League, Team Planet Mars selects Rowan Alexander "RJ" Barrett from Duke University.

Welcome aboard RJ!

Comment

• Cody has all picks available to him.

And I hesitant to lift the trading hold right away ... I've seen it go bad too many times ... that's pretty much the reason that team is what it is ... Haha

Let me think today on it ...

Comment

• And I think you're going to need a better team name than "Team Planet Mars", but I'll leave that up to your management and branding team. Haha

Comment

• FYI, Yahoo opens up the fantasy basketball season on August 15th.

Also, my vote for Planetmars' team name is "30 Seconds To Frustration". That team sucks hard. lol
              Last edited by Apollo; Tue Aug 13th, 2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                FYI, Yahoo opens up the fantasy basketball season on August 15th.

Also, my vote for Planetmars' team name is "30 Seconds To Frustration". That team sucks hard. lol
                Thanks for the segue Apollo! Lol Indeed it does... and it is for those reasons that I would like to table to the league a few ideas for helping Mars become competitive ... that team has become the sorry Foster Child that nobody wants to keep ...

Some ideas/options:
                - Expansion Draft where everyone flags some players to be made available
                - Perhaps 17th pick in draft
                - Renewal of Amnesty
                - Open to others ideas

Or, if people are completely dead set against it, then it is fine too ... just wanted to table the discussion.

And that's saying nothing to your abilities as an owner planetmars ... I don't think anyone could have gotten that team right without a little help. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Thanks for the segue Apollo! Lol Indeed it does... and it is for those reasons that I would like to table to the league a few ideas for helping Mars become competitive ... that team has become the sorry Foster Child that nobody wants to keep ...

Some ideas/options:
                  - Expansion Draft where everyone flags some players to be made available
                  - Perhaps 17th pick in draft
                  - Renewal of Amnesty
                  - Open to others ideas

Or, if people are completely dead set against it, then it is fine too ... just wanted to table the discussion.

And that's saying nothing to your abilities as an owner planetmars ... I don't think anyone could have gotten that team right without a little help. Lol
                  i have no problem with a 17th pick, but no dpe.

i would suggest a commish give a private message on the history of the league, and the relative value of players compared to regular fantasy leagues. i found valuing a huge problem to start.

Comment

• With the expansion draft, it could be optional participation. As in flag none, one or as many as you like of your players to go into the pool (currently Mars' roster) and he picks who he wants, current cap years and all. Unlucky contestants return to their broken homes.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      With the expansion draft, it could be optional participation. As in flag none, one or as many as you like of your players to go into the pool (currently Mars' roster) and he picks who he wants, current cap years and all. Unlucky contestants return to their broken homes.
                      I like this idea. Everybody has the option to be part of it or not, so it wouldn't just be Mars benefiting. Easy way to dump salary if we don't want a certain player, but you also lose them for nothing.

The other ideas Joey had are fine by me as well, but I wouldn't want to see more than 2 of these implemented as a one-time deal. It's going to take some time to rebuild that roster, but there shouldn't be too many options that previous new owners did not have. Let's remember that 007 and Cody had a draft off a few years back and we all know what happened there... so there was an opportunity to make it a solid squad already just a few seasons ago.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

I like this idea. Everybody has the option to be part of it or not, so it wouldn't just be Mars benefiting. Easy way to dump salary if we don't want a certain player, but you also lose them for nothing.

The other ideas Joey had are fine by me as well, but I wouldn't want to see more than 2 of these implemented as a one-time deal. It's going to take some time to rebuild that roster, but there shouldn't be too many options that previous new owners did not have. Let's remember that 007 and Cody had a draft off a few years back and we all know what happened there... so there was an opportunity to make it a solid squad already just a few seasons ago.
                        How about we just swap Mack and mars roster? That way an experienced hand can take it from here!
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

How about we just swap Mack and mars roster? That way an experienced hand can take it from here!
                          I have been a perennial contender since like S3, so if anyone can do it it's probably me.

Comment

• The Creeds are taking over this year. I like Axel's idea, you get a good excuse instead of taking it square on your washed up fantasy chin, Champ.

Comment

• I'm a noob here so of course I'll do what the majority wants.

But here are my two cents..

Issue with an expansion draft is that we're kind of at a time where guys may not be diligently on RR or be near a computer (like WJF who's in Sweden - nice). So they may not know about it and miss out. We're pretty close to Sep 1 already too... plus we've kind of delayed the rookie draft as well so we may not even get to an expansion draft until mid September/October and then free agency starts.

I love the idea of getting more talent (and free too).. but at this point I want to see if I can turn this franchise around in the next 2-3 years without additional help. Will feel pretty cool if I can do that naturally. It's like Masai taking over the Raptors

Looking at my cap sheet.. I think my cap is at like 12 (before RJ and my resigns).. it's really low. I should be able to afford hunting for guys in the waiver system through out the year and taking gambles that might not pan out. Hopefully I can hit on a diamond here or there and get back in the hunt.

So the only thing I request is to lift my ban on trades. I don't think I'm that much of an idiot so I should be okay in the trade department. Besides I initiated a trade request already and just waiting on a response.

But again, I'll go with the majority.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I'm a noob here so of course I'll do what the majority wants.

But here are my two cents..

Issue with an expansion draft is that we're kind of at a time where guys may not be diligently on RR or be near a computer (like WJF who's in Sweden - nice). So they may not know about it and miss out. We're pretty close to Sep 1 already too... plus we've kind of delayed the rookie draft as well so we may not even get to an expansion draft until mid September/October and then free agency starts.

I love the idea of getting more talent (and free too).. but at this point I want to see if I can turn this franchise around in the next 2-3 years without additional help. Will feel pretty cool if I can do that naturally. It's like Masai taking over the Raptors

Looking at my cap sheet.. I think my cap is at like 12 (before RJ and my resigns).. it's really low. I should be able to afford hunting for guys in the waiver system through out the year and taking gambles that might not pan out. Hopefully I can hit on a diamond here or there and get back in the hunt.

So the only thing I request is to lift my ban on trades. I don't think I'm that much of an idiot so I should be okay in the trade department. Besides I initiated a trade request already and just waiting on a response.

But again, I'll go with the majority.
                                I admire the cajones, and I absolutely don't think you're an idiot - that is not at all why the Trade "Hold" (not ban ) is in place. I'll lift the Hold, but I would ask that you just keep me in the loop on any moves you are exploring, so I can offer some history, context, valuation tips, etc.

This league is unlike anything else in the World, and foresight and player valuations are unlike any other fantasy league out there. You can almost never over value a player in this league ... if the team you're bargaining with is super keen to make the deal, that means you could probably get more. So do. Lol

And basically just don't negotiate with Apollo. I don't know what he says to guys behind the scenes, but I expect there's some bribes, threats etc in order to make his deals ... LOL

We'll give you the 17th pick in the Draft if you want it, and will re institute your Amnesty, just as a Thanks for taking the team. Lol

Training wheels are off ... don't crash and burn! You're locked in for at least 3 years!! You hear me?! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X