Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Player Fantasy trade for Rondo (Any feedback appreciated)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Player Fantasy trade for Rondo (Any feedback appreciated)

I'm a little anxious about this deal.

I get Rajan Rondo, Marc Gasol, Andreas Bargnani and Lamar Odom - I give up Luis Scola, Zack Randolph, Chauncy Billups and Brook Lopez

My team as is Steve Nash, Joe Johnson, Vince Carter, Kevin Martin, Richard Jefferson, Michael Beasley, Elton Brand, Andris Beidrins plus now Rondo, M. Gasol, A. Bargnani, and L. Odom.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

You'd be getting the best player in the deal in Rondo. That guy is always a triple double threat.
    Let's look at it like this - Rondo > Billups, Scola > M. Gasol, Lopez > Odom (but Odom could be just as valuable because he might fit into 2 categories, and he gets assists, however, his playing time might be tempered when Bynum comes back) Randolph > Bargnani (however, if you're in a league that you get points for 3-pointers, he might be more valuable. However, Randolph is a 20-10 guy). I don't know if I'd do that deal. I'd try to get a smaller deal to get Rondo.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

I wouldn't do it. You would be drastically changing the look of your team. Can you afford to lose all those rebounds?

Not sure if taking a big risk to get Rondo is in order when you have Nash and Billups.

One dominate player can win you a league in football but that can't be said for basketball. Depth wins you games in basketball.
        Last edited by Apollo; Tue Nov 16, 2010, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Yes, but we don't know if Billups will ever rebound from his current slump. You're also getting a fantasy steals monster in Rondo who can basically half-win the cat himself.

Comment

Billups will rebound from his slump. Unless this is a keeper league I don't see the point here. He can pick up consistent steals off the wire easier than replacing what those three bigs bring to the table(Brewer for example and to a lesser degree Sefolosha). Did he even mention he's in need of steals?

Comment

Working...
            X