Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March madness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • March madness

    whose watching? who ya got? whose the Cinderella? whose an player to target with a 2nd round pick?
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

  • #2
    I am taking North Carolina to win it all...

    Murray State is this years Cinderella and gets to the sweet sixteen but thats it...

    Always watching for one of the mid majors or small conference schools to lay a beating on a big time program... none so far today....

    To me this is the best tournament of all ...
    - 64 teams and its over in 3 weekends...
    - its win or go home every game ..
    - the best team doesn't always win ....
    - the level of passion is incredible and its from the largely student and parents fans.. no corporate suits in the first weekend...

    Comment


    • #3
      I got gonzaga winning and UC irvine as a Cinderella
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

      Comment


      • #4
        bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        I got gonzaga winning and UC irvine as a Cinderella
        Good Call on the UC Irvine guys ..

        Comment


        • #5
          Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

          Good Call on the UC Irvine guys ..
          ya i like them on like a 17 game winning streak coming into the tourney. i think they go to sweet sixteen and maybe further depending on the matchup
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

          Comment


          • #6
            bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

            ya i like them on like a 17 game winning streak coming into the tourney. i think they go to sweet sixteen and maybe further depending on the matchup
            Well the MSM pumped the tires real hard on Ja Morant... to the point where he was superman... and that he was carrying this team to the final four...
            ANd on the weekend .. after winning one game... Murray State and Morant meet Florida State and get a 30 burger balled up and rammed right up the chute. Not even close.

            The hype merchants kinda ruin sport.

            Comment


            • #7
              Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

              Well the MSM pumped the tires real hard on Ja Morant... to the point where he was superman... and that he was carrying this team to the final four...
              ANd on the weekend .. after winning one game... Murray State and Morant meet Florida State and get a 30 burger balled up and rammed right up the chute. Not even close.

              The hype merchants kinda ruin sport.
              I only watched bits and pieces of Murray state but he seems like a good player probably top 5 pick but it seemed like there just wasn't any other high level talent on that team. definatly overhyped but I think his 1 good game with a triple double still helped his stock
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • #8
                Florida state looks like a good team. gonna be a good match your with gonzaga next round. think gonzaga sneaks by but will be a close one
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Duke won a close one with UCF last second shot rimming out twice. They can be happy with the win but they look vulnerable. The upcoming teams are going to be more talented then UCF. If theirs anything i learned from watching march madness its never bet on the pre tournament favortie and never bet on duke. Think duke bows out the virgina tech or if they somehow survive go down to michigan state in the elite 8. I dont think this team despite all the talent makes it to the final weekend.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    With most of the top 16 seeds alive and well everyone is in it....
                    some really good games coming up this week and weekend....

                    the acc and sec seem to have the best conferences..followed by the big 10 and big12....

                    the days of the pac 10 and west coast ball are really taking a hit again this year...Oregon will be gone next game leaving only Gonzaga....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      With most of the top 16 seeds alive and well everyone is in it....
                      some really good games coming up this week and weekend....

                      the acc and sec seem to have the best conferences..followed by the big 10 and big12....

                      the days of the pac 10 and west coast ball are really taking a hit again this year...Oregon will be gone next game leaving only Gonzaga....
                      I think oregon has a chance to beat VA. Ducks offense has been explosive and VA has been a bit underwhelming so far. Two teams am i hoping to make a run to the final 4 are Texas Tech and Houston. With mostly big programs left it would be cool to see these teams without storied history make a run at the title. Houston taking out kentucky would be nice.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah.. got Houston getting past Kentucky but have Carolina stopping them in the quarter finals...

                        Got Oregon to here but tall order to beat that vatech defense.....

                        Michigan and TT will be a really good really physical game...toss up I think

                        never saw auburn or tennesee getting to the second weekend....

                        as always a great tourney...
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Mar 25th, 2019, 05:17 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Yeah.. got Houston getting past Kentucky but have Carolina stopping them in the quarter finals...

                          Got Oregon to here but tall order to beat that vatech defense.....

                          never saw auburn or tennesee getting to the second weekend....

                          as always a great tourney...
                          I put tennessee in my final 4 just cause i dont trust Virgina after last year...
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                            I put tennessee in my final 4 just cause i dont trust Virgina after last year...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I went with Duke to win it all. RJBarret seems to win at every level he plays at. He did it again last game with the tip in winner.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X