Worst Basketball Injury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Basketball Injury?

I recently dislocated my knee and tore some ligaments. This is my first MAJOR basketball injury. So I ask the question, what is the worst sport injury you have ever had?

I don't do that.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

That's pretty shitty man, sorry to hear that! Did you do that in a game?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        That's pretty shitty man, sorry to hear that! Did you do that in a game?
        Thanks, man. I appreciate it. It wasn't in a game. I was actually practicing by myself outside and no one saw. Luckily someone was walking by and called the ambulance for me. Have about six weeks plus physio.

Comment

Dislocated your knee and tore ligaments? In practice? Holy shit man.

I've been lucky enough that I've never had a serious injury. Haven't been to the emergency room since I got out as a baby.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

BreakingBradStevens wrote: View Post
            Thanks, man. I appreciate it. It wasn't in a game. I was actually practicing by myself outside and no one saw. Luckily someone was walking by and called the ambulance for me. Have about six weeks plus physio.
            Sorry about your injury man. My friend had a patella dislocation. It really sucked for him, especially first weeks of intense physio. Shit was painful as hell

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
              Dislocated your knee and tore ligaments? In practice? Holy shit man.

I've been lucky enough that I've never had a serious injury. Haven't been to the emergency room since I got out as a baby.
              don't be shy... health care is free in our country..

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                don't be shy... health care is free in our country..
                I don't mind not having to take advantage of our free health care

And I thought you lived in the UK?

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

And I thought you lived in the UK?
                  I am.. on a student visa though

Comment

Tore my ACL when I went to gun a guy out at home from CF during a baseball tourney final. Heard the pop when my right knee landed after the throw and crumpled into a heap. Stayed down for about a minute before my teammates rushed over... Once they got there I didn't wanna be a bitch so I got up and hobbled to the dugout. Stupidly, I didn't want to have my team get an auto out next time I was up, so I hobbled over to the batters box about 5 mins after the initial injury and proceeded to hit a liner into right and crumple in the box again for about 10 seconds before I hobbled to first base. Not sure If I did more damage to it by doing that, but I can do everything on it now 2 years after surgery. It's still in the back of my mind when I do certain things though, so I can see where D Rose is coming from with his hesitant play the last few years.

Anyways, the pain was terrible and the recuperation right after surgery sucks ass.

What ligaments did you tear? Are you having surgery? I was back playing baseball about 10 months after surgery and I didn't rehab it like I should have. I definitely suggest if you're playing basketball, or want to continue paying, that you do all the rehab you can before you start back up.

Comment

I've also injured a bunch of Xbox controllers and headsets while playing NBA2K and Madden. Most of those were career ending.

Comment

BreakingBradStevens wrote: View Post
                        I recently dislocated my knee and tore some ligaments. This is my first MAJOR basketball injury. So I ask the question, what is the worst sport injury you have ever had?
                        I wish you all the best in your recovery. That's some bad luck right there but on the bright side it sounds like you'll be healed in time to enjoy the summer.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I wish you all the best in your recovery. That's some bad luck right there but on the bright side it sounds like you'll be healed in time to enjoy the summer.
                          Thanks. I appreciate your positive attitude! Luckily we have free health care. Would have cost a fortune in the States.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Sorry about your injury man. My friend had a patella dislocation. It really sucked for him, especially first weeks of intense physio. Shit was painful as hell
                            Thanks, man. Sounds like my summer will mostly be physio but hopefully I can get back on the court for next season (though not likely)

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              I've also injured a bunch of Xbox controllers and headsets while playing NBA2K and Madden. Most of those were career ending.
                              This made me laugh more than it should have.

Comment

Working...
                              X