The World Soccer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World Soccer Thread

Well I'm a little late in getting this thread up and running. But ya know what they say-better late than never!

It's that time of the year again-the MLS soccer season has been underway for about 3 weeks now and the Reds are off to a 1-2 start in their quest to make the post season for the first time in their fourth year of existence. After a disappointing first 2 games to start off the season which saw the the FC fall to the Crew and Revolution, the Reds won their home opener this past Thursday 2-1! DeRo scored both our goals.

The FC play the Colorado Rapids (1-1-1) today at 5 pm on the road. For those of you who have a rogers digital box they will be showing the game on channel 501 (free preview channel).

There's been lots of changes, new head coach (Preki), loss of players (Serioux , Gueverra , Gerba), new faces (too many to mention lol), and last but not least we got GRASS FINALLY!

I believe were making the playoffs this year fellas! And were hosting the MLS Championship so there's something to gun for! (Wishful thinking I know, I know, but I can dream can't I? )

For those of you who haven't been to a home game, I suggest you check it out. An FC home game is the best sporting experience I have ever been to. Just lots of fun man. Those of you who have been, now what I'm talking about.

Anyways, Let's Go Reds!

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!

Link to Toronto FC schedule:

http://www.torontofc.ca/schedule
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%
    Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Sun Apr 18, 2010, 04:55 PM.

There's no direction with the FC from management to the coaching. Like the problems the Raptors have had for the last couple seasons, too many new faces which doesn't allow them to build a strong chemistry. I think we'll definitely miss the playoffs again this season.

Comment

All they got is a Chicken/Rooster walking DeResario. That goal scoring dance pisses me off, but hell, it at least gets me watching a bit of Toronto MLS.

Comment

Sigh TFC lost 3-1 to the Rapids. Two converted PK's (one questionable) did them in. Anybody else wonder why the hell DeGuzman broke up the defensive wall (he jumped out of place) to allow that goal on the free kick?!

It's still early in the season and the TFC have several new faces/new coach to gel and get their chemistry going (remind you of anybody?). But it seems that the TFC still need another legit striker and to shore up their defense if they are to make the playoffs.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          There's no direction with the FC from management to the coaching. Like the problems the Raptors have had for the last couple seasons, too many new faces which doesn't allow them to build a strong chemistry. I think we'll definitely miss the playoffs again this season.
          Gotta think positive thoughts Doc.

Toronto has gotta have one team in the playoffs right?! Right? Man I hope I'm right.

Comment

FC vs Motagua why did amado leave he was my favorite player

Comment

If you thought getting an expansion NBA team to win was hard, soccer is a 100 times harder. TFC needs to poach themselves some European talent up-front much like New York did with Angel and now Henry. Quality in the final third is what's missing from every single MLS game. I say go after someone like Michael Owen....

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                If you thought getting an expansion NBA team to win was hard, soccer is a 100 times harder. TFC needs to poach themselves some European talent up-front much like New York did with Angel and now Henry. Quality in the final third is what's missing from every single MLS game. I say go after someone like Michael Owen....
                How about Mista? Not a striker, but will look good along side de Guzman.

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=326713

Comment

Good win for the TFC against Motagua the other day! Now all they've got to do is escape with a tie down in Honduras and they'll advance to the next stage of the Champions League!!!!

And Nane's performance in the back midfield was solid.

Comment

BoxMan wrote: View Post
                    FC vs Motagua why did amado leave he was my favorite player
                    Yeah he was one of my fav players too, but apparently he wasn't the best "team player" so he got sacked.

Comment

Amado got sacked because him and Preki never got along in the past.

Comment

TFC should have had more than 1 goal. They've got a daunting task going into Honduras trying to come out of this aggregate victorious

Comment

Big game tonite! It's gonna be tough going into such a hostile pitch, but the Reds are gonna find a way to pull it out!!!!!

All for One baby!!!

Comment

I went to my first game last week vs. Dallas FC in the pissing rain and I had a blast! I've got tickets to see NY on the 21st as well.
                            I'll have my Irish flag draped over my back booing the shit outta Thierry Henry if he makes it to that one!

Comment

TFC showed some big cajones playing in such hostile territory and fresh off a lacklusture loss in KC. Kudos to them! Here's to watching TFC games at SkyDome. Onward!

Comment

Working...
                              X